• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Did bringing on Richarlison and going (it seems from radio commentators) to a back four seem an attempt by Conte to combat this?
Did our three subs in the last ten minutes also try to?
100% and the team were prepared to make that change
Afterward our Brazilians did an interview with an athletic Brazil reporter and they openly said it was part of a plan and option they had trained for
Both teams adapted to changes and reacted to the state of the game as they should
What stood out for me though was their subs had a negative impact. They made their team less effective whereas ours changed the game by having direct involvements in the goals

100% and the team were prepared to make that change
Afterward our Brazilians did an interview with an athletic Brazil reporter and they openly said it was part of a plan and option they had trained for
Both teams adapted to changes and reacted to the state of the game as they should
What stood out for me though was their subs had a negative impact. They made their team less effective whereas ours changed the game by having direct involvements in the goals

Maybe our SQUAD options might be telling..i'm not saying we have a better first 11 as such but in this year of congested games the ability to play with FOUR forwards in such a game might be significant..

Maybe our SQUAD options might be telling..i'm not saying we have a better first 11 as such but in this year of congested games the ability to play with FOUR forwards in such a game might be significant..
We have IMO a better first 11 but it didn’t show
That can happen in games like that

Generally finding it hard to work out if Tuchel is just a much better and more pro-active manager, if it's early days in the new season or if our lack of midfield creativity was to blame for how much Chelsea dominated....hopefully whatever the issue is/was does not bite us vs Wolves (perennially our 'after the Lord Mayor's nemesis...)

I don't think Tuchel is a much better manager. I have seen the argument that Tuchel has an advantage over Conte specially due to the way both set up to play. Think that's a bit early to say personally. Last season we were still a mess when we faced them, this season only just started.

We won't face many challenges like that this season I think. Could argue that Tuchel has given a blueprint on how to play us, but not many teams capable of doing what Chelsea did.

We'll face different, but still difficult challenges.

Next time we face Chelsea Conte needs to find some solutions.

I don't think Tuchel is a much better manager. I have seen the argument that Tuchel has an advantage over Conte specially due to the way both set up to play. Think that's a bit early to say personally. Last season we were still a mess when we faced them, this season only just started.

We won't face many challenges like that this season I think. Could argue that Tuchel has given a blueprint on how to play us, but not many teams capable of doing what Chelsea did.

Nope tuchel is not a much better manager. Look at what conte has done at the likes of bari, took over with them in relegation got them promoted the next season. Siena, juve, inter, chelsea. Conte improves the teams he takes over. Has tuchel improved teams? Mainz maybe.

He may be the manager of Chelsea and may disagree with his actions … but he is a class manager. I was very impressed with his tactics and decisions yesterday.

He may be the manager of Chelsea and may disagree with his actions … but he is a class manager. I was very impressed with his tactics and decisions yesterday.
He is a class manager
But he isn’t conte level
It’s why he hasn’t won the league except in a one horse league

Every season should be about the long game. City losing twice to us last season doesn't take away from the fact that they still finished with the most points, but what you said is especially true for this season. We have to long-term manage players that won't even be under the club's control for a few weeks minimum. Hopefully there's some cash earmarked for January, but then again not sure if prices will be slightly inflated after a major international tournament.
Now Conte can look to the bench and not have to look immediately back to the pitch.

Every season should be about the long game. City losing twice to us last season doesn't take away from the fact that they still finished with the most points, but what you said is especially true for this season. We have to long-term manage players that won't even be under the club's control for a few weeks minimum. Hopefully there's some cash earmarked for January, but then again not sure if prices will be slightly inflated after a major international tournament.
Now Conte can look to the bench and not have to look immediately back to the pitch.
Showed yesterday
Ours subs info under the game
IMO theirs cost them (although kante was injured)

Or have the better players in the key positions , such as centre midfield where most games are won and lost and in the wing back positions which is vital for Contes system ( as it was for Tuchels plans ).
We didn't have that.

They're both excellent managers with Conte having the more trophied cv.

Tuchel is obviously a student of tactics BUT will inexplicably lose to Wolves or Brentford (for example) at home for no particular reason. He then has the potential to be a bit weird and potentially pick on individuals or make the group feel edgy.

Conte is much easier to read. When he's angry you know he's angry, and you know why (sometimes it's with himself). He's honest and 100% believes in himself and expects you to as well.

The reason Conte is cool with Tuchel and dampened down the in match blow ups from Sunday is he respects Tuchel.(he sees a football brain there). Conte felt good going into this game, and by his own admission post game thought we'd closed the gap 'just a little ' ...in his heart he thought it would be more. A reality check for Conte, dealt to him by Tuchel, still a point gained for Conte, Contes respect gained for Tuchel.

Last edited:
No one on the planet is a much better manager than Conte. No one. You could argue there are a handful of better managers but there isn't much in it and you could just as credibly argue that Conte is better than any of them.

We have an elite level manager.

No one on the planet is a much better manager than Conte. No one. You could argue there are a handful of better managers but there isn't much in it and you could just as credibly argue that Conte is better than any of them.

We have an elite level manager.
We just need to get him the players that can be elite in his key positions.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back