• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Chelsea did a really good job stopping our patterns of play. It looked like our players always needed one touch too many. We've seen these players play very good quick football, even under quite a lot of pressure.

For games like this I think we need outstanding individual quality or a "plan B". The patterns we've worked on didn't work. From the start I don't think we'll have a target man, long ball plan B as an option any time soon. A top notch deep playmaker would be very useful, but difficult to find one capable of doing the other things needed from a Conte deep midfielder.

For me the next logical improvement would be wing backs with more individual quality. Hopefully Perisic and Spence will prove to be just that in time.

Chelsea did a really good job stopping our patterns of play. It looked like our players always needed one touch too many. We've seen these players play very good quick football, even under quite a lot of pressure.

For games like this I think we need outstanding individual quality or a "plan B". The patterns we've worked on didn't work. From the start I don't think we'll have a target man, long ball plan B as an option any time soon. A top notch deep playmaker would be very useful, but difficult to find one capable of doing the other things needed from a Conte deep midfielder.

For me the next logical improvement would be wing backs with more individual quality. Hopefully Perisic and Spence will prove to be just that in time.
This is a known Conte problem....we are well drilled in repeated patterns...which is ok, as long as your opponents aren't well drilled in your repeated patterns.

This is a known Conte problem....we are well drilled in repeated patterns...which is ok, as long as your opponents aren't well drilled in your repeated patterns.

Agreed. But we need to find ways to break out of that when it becomes enough of a problem. I'm sure Conte is also aware of that. I think fixing that will be difficult, and will take time, but it's not going to be easy.

Although we were second best and a bit lucky to get the draw I think the level of performance was much better than the games against them last season.

Agreed. But we need to find ways to break out of that when it becomes enough of a problem. I'm sure Conte is also aware of that. I think fixing that will be difficult, and will take time, but it's not going to be easy.

Although we were second best and a bit lucky to get the draw I think the level of performance was much better than the games against them last season.
Oh I agree with the rest of your post including some of the analysis and potential solutions.

The other thing to consider is youre not going to run into Tuchel and his merry men every week.

Our midfield 2 were being outmanned and outclassed by their midfield 3. We failed to adapt to the fact that Mount was playing in central midfield and not just in an attacking midfield position.

Our midfield 2 were being outmanned and outclassed by their midfield 3. We failed to adapt to the fact that Mount was playing in central midfield and not just in an attacking midfield position.

Did bringing on Richarlison and going (it seems from radio commentators) to a back four seem an attempt by Conte to combat this?
Did our three subs in the last ten minutes also try to?

Generally finding it hard to work out if Tuchel is just a much better and more pro-active manager, if it's early days in the new season or if our lack of midfield creativity was to blame for how much Chelsea dominated....hopefully whatever the issue is/was does not bite us vs Wolves (perennially our 'after the Lord Mayor's nemesis...)

Back