• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

From what I've read, it seems the main issue is the preparation that he puts into games. The turnaround between Sat and Wed seems to not give him enough time to drill the team. Conversely when down to one game a week his team's seem to perform superbly.

From what I've read, it seems the main issue is the preparation that he puts into games. The turnaround between Sat and Wed seems to not give him enough time to drill the team. Conversely when down to one game a week his team's seem to perform superbly.
He has (IMO) never had the depth to make the changes he needs to play twice a week
We have to give him that now
And more so with 5 subs

He has (IMO) never had the depth to make the changes he needs to play twice a week
We have to give him that now
And more so with 5 subs

Excuse me?? Dis you see the sheer size of his Inter squad and their wage bill (which ironically is potentially crippling them a little now)?
I listed the CL record and no way can "not having a deep enough squad" be used as an excuse, especially when you se the teams/squads he finished behind.

The best managers are able to implement styles of play that actually thrive when playing multiple games a week (as long as they don't have too many injured of course)

Excuse me?? Dis you see the sheer size of his Inter squad and their wage bill (which ironically is potentially crippling them a little now)?
I listed the CL record and no way can "not having a deep enough squad" be used as an excuse, especially when you se the teams/squads he finished behind.

The best managers are able to implement styles of play that actually thrive when playing multiple games a week (as long as they don't have too many injured of course)
Yeah I did
But there was a lot on there that weren’t very good players
It’s not a it quantity it’s about the right players in the right roles
Who in his inter side would cover for lukaku? Who would cover for Brozovic?

Yeah I did
But there was a lot on there that weren’t very good players
It’s not a it quantity it’s about the right players in the right roles
Who in his inter side would cover for lukaku? Who would cover for Brozovic?

It's a luxury to be able to cover EVERY single player, but the best coaches try their best and adapt.
Who were these not very good players? The ones from the PL that HE asked the Inter board to spunk money on??
I'm sorry i don't but that excuse, unless we're also saying Inter won the scudetto "against all odds" as well??

It's a luxury to be able to cover EVERY single player, but the best coaches try their best and adapt.
Who were these not very good players? The ones from the PL that HE asked the Inter board to spunk money on??
I'm sorry i don't but that excuse, unless we're also saying Inter won the scudetto "against all odds" as well??
In his inter squad or his Chelsea one?

I was talking about his Inter one...but happy for you to expand this discussion to include Chelsea's (which could take an even worse turn in terms of judgement...)
Both squads IMO had a strong 16/17 players
We had 15/16 last season
None of his squads had 4 capable wings back for example
None of his previous squads had depth up front either
Chelsea had one beast like striker. 3 supporting attackers and that was it
Inter had less
For conte to do his job he does need almost 20 capable players with little to No drop in performance
We can get there IMO

Both squads IMO had a strong 16/17 players
We had 15/16 last season
None of his squads had 4 capable wings back for example
None of his previous squads had depth up front either
Chelsea had one hunk of burning love like striker. 3 supporting attackers and that was it
Inter had less
For conte to do his job he does need almost 20 capable players with little to No drop in performance
We can get there IMO

I again refer to the teams that finished ahead of Inter and very much doubt all could be said to have 'stronger' squads than Inter (in anyway you would define that: quality or number of players).
It's a weak excuse tbh, especially as he got his Inter board to buy LOADS of players, notably several from PL like Eriksen, Ashley Young etc). If none of them were good enough, why did he ask for them then?
We often give the likes of Poch, Klopp scrutiny for how they do/don't perform in season but never talk about how 'unlucky' they were because of lack of depth in certain areas but seem to for the likes of Conte...very odd..

I again refer to the teams that finished ahead of Inter and very much doubt all could be said to have 'stronger' squads than Inter (in anyway you would define that: quality or number of players).
It's a weak excuse tbh, especially as he got his Inter board to buy LOADS of players, notably several from PL like Eriksen, Ashley Young etc). If none of them were good enough, why did he ask for them then?
We often give the likes of Poch, Klopp scrutiny for how they do/don't perform in season but never talk about how 'unlucky' they were because of lack of depth in certain areas but seem to for the likes of Conte...very odd..
They won the league so no one finished in front of them
The players you mentioned he brought, and played and they won the title… I mean it’s why he wanted them
The issue though is right in on all front means you need a deeper squad
Look at pools squad last year they used a LOT of players to do what they did

They won the league so no one finished in front of them
The players you mentioned he brought, and played and they won the title… I mean it’s why he wanted them
The issue though is right in on all front means you need a deeper squad
Look at pools squad last year they used a LOT of players to do what they did

I have purely been talking about CL performance here. Yes, he won the league, but he stunk the place out in terms of CL performance and there is ZERO excuse for that, especially given the squad size, spend etc
I'm not saying he/Inter should have won the CL, but they arguably should not have been finishing 3rd the first season and CERTAINLY SHOULD NOT have been finishing bottom in the second season in which he also won the scudetto (go look at the teams in Inter's CL group to see what i mean).

Any given season a manager can do well or badly in CL, but it is a fair talking to wonder why in his years of managing big clubs - and having generally the big budgets he usually has - he has only won ONE CL knockout round and exited the CL at the group stages more times than he advanced...

I have purely been talking about CL performance here. Yes, he won the league, but he stunk the place out in terms of CL performance and there is ZERO excuse for that, especially given the squad size, spend etc
I'm not saying he/Inter should have won the CL, but they arguably should not have been finishing 3rd the first season and CERTAINLY SHOULD NOT have been finishing bottom in the second season in which he also won the scudetto (go look at the teams in Inter's CL group to see what i mean).

Any given season a manager can do well or badly in CL, but it is a fair talking to wonder why in his years of managing big clubs - and having generally the big budgets he usually has - he has only won ONE CL knockout round and exited the CL at the group stages more times than he advanced...
Cup football is tricky and timing and pritoties come into play
We made the CL final with arguably the worst record of any side .. we then sacked the manager
It’s a very very rare club that does both
I agree he should do better
Not that your going to look for it but it was something I posted about him a few years back when he was linked… but he wins things and that’s a balance

Cup football is tricky and timing and pritoties come into play
We made the CL final with arguably the worst record of any side .. we then sacked the manager
It’s a very very rare club that does both
I agree he should do better
Not that your going to look for it but it was something I posted about him a few years back when he was linked… but he wins things and that’s a balance

I indeed saw what you posted. It's abig blot on his record imo, and i don't think the reasons (excuses?) given for why he has such a poor record in CL give any justification tbh.
Of course, if he bombs out bottom of our CL group behind, say, a team from Cyprus or Denmark but then wins the league i'd accept haha...

I indeed saw what you posted. It's abig blot on his record imo, and i don't think the reasons (excuses?) given for why he has such a poor record in CL give any justification tbh.
Of course, if he bombs out bottom of our CL group behind, say, a team from Cyprus or Denmark but then wins the league i'd accept haha...
All he cares about is trophies and I think he picks his battles

There'll be some urgency to have a decent run in CL this season. We only earned five UEFA club co-efficient points last season and a run at least to the final eight would go some way to offsetting that and keeping our co-efficient numbers up in the top 16. Which helps in setting more favourable schedules in years to come.

When klopp won the bundesliga with dortmund they got knocked out of the group stages in the europa the first season he won it. The second season he won it they got knocked out in the cl group stages.

Why? 3 points at the beginning of the season is worth as much as 3 points at the end.

Not as simple as that and i'm sure you know it.:D
Look at how Arsenal collapsed late the season just gone when CL qualification was in their hands.

In any case, i don't think you can say a poor CL finish is expected if you expect to win your league. As i keep saying, Conte's poor record in CL campaigns is baffling and not explained away by talking about 'priorities' etc..if that continues to be the case the choice of top jobs will start to dwindle (see Jose for example...)

Back