• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

we will need to have a lotta sales, and a lotta buys

if Conte can do this with only part of a season, imagine what he'll do with a pre season and players he wants

Forza Conte

Conte is smart. He knows he's got the supporters behind him, and he refuses to say he'll definitely stay here next season - leaving Levy in a spot of bother - either he opens the purse strings or Conte is gone, and effectively Levy is fudged. We can't afford not to back him.

I don’t bet on football, but if I did, I’d bet on Conte flouncing. Not just as an emotional hedge, but because Levy is never going to become a devil-may-care spendthrift.

What a post-Conte Spurs looks like, goodness only knows. It could have us wishing for the glory days of Nuno.

I think Levy holds a stronger hand this summer, in terms of manager negotiations, because of the situation in Paris where Poch looks set to leave. But I'm confident he will do everything to keep Conte, and that what he will do (i.e. spend) will be enough.

There’s zero chance of Conte leaving this summer IMO. He only joined 6 months ago, and since then his experience can only have been at least as positive as he was expecting - receiving two good January signings, and getting us back in the Champions League. Why would he have joined at all if he was going to leave after 6 months in those positive circumstances?

There’s zero chance of Conte leaving this summer IMO. He only joined 6 months ago, and since then his experience can only have been at least as positive as he was expecting - receiving two good January signings, and getting us back in the Champions League. Why would he have joined at all if he was going to leave after 6 months in those positive circumstances?
Because he wasn’t expecting the PSG job to come up.

He won't be going, and with all due respect to PSG no way a head strong manager like Conte goes there with whats been agreed with Mbappe in my opinion

Because it could just be a time filler and an ideal short term job to further showcase his talents till something bigger turns up.

Not saying he'll leave, I have no clue what's going to happen. But he's already said that he would leave if he doesn't feel backed and we all know by now what Levy is like.

If Levy says he'll seriously back you - then he means he'll give you £20m and let you sell players to get more in if you like and some crappy loan/freebie striker to cover Kane.

A point of tension I could forsee is we are making the Romero and Kulusevski deals permanent - Levy will likely count those as two new players whereas Conte won't.

Levy loves to catch people out on technicalities just like he did with Kane. Wouldn't suprise me if Levy saying he'll back Antonio = we will sign Kulu and Romero and might allow you one more player if you sell.

Conte isn't looking for a slow patient build and I can't see him accepting it when Levy inevitably doesn't bring in the multiple players needed, and the ones he does bring in arrive on 31st of August.

He'll be here next season.
He said in his press conference that he has a contract until next summer (ok, maybe that phrasing is not exactly a ringing endorsement), that he has ambition, that he wants to win trophies, that he sees getting CL after joining the club during a difficult period as a trophy, that we need to improve and that he'll meet with the club after a short break to find the solution [a solution to the need to improve was my take]. Stating the obvious but getting CL has just made us that bit more attractive to players, and is also likely to loosen the purse strings more than might otherwise have been the case, combine that with a proven, world class manager working with an effective DoF, I think we are going to have a decent transfer window, decent enough anyway to keep Conte around.

I feel quite confident that Conte will stay.

Him being unhappy, unsettled, or at the very least voicing things in that direction is nothing new. Strategy, part of who he is, I don't know, but it happens and isn't an indication that he's on his way out.

He's started building something that could be more than a bit special here now. He's gotten good responses from a lot of players, the club is giving the right responses, and he's gotten results improved at the very least as much as could be expected. If not beyond expectations. He also has Paratici here who he knows, who he knows he works well with, who already got him Kulusevski and Bentancur who have been very successful imo.

I think that will be enough, a CL boosted transfer window I think he will be absolutely fine sticking around.

Could be wrong, impossible for me at least to not have some uncertainty connected to that. But I think he very likely to stay.

Because it could just be a time filler and an ideal short term job to further showcase his talents till something bigger turns up.

Not saying he'll leave, I have no clue what's going to happen. But he's already said that he would leave if he doesn't feel backed and we all know by now what Levy is like.

If Levy says he'll seriously back you - then he means he'll give you £20m and let you sell players to get more in if you like and some crappy loan/freebie striker to cover Kane.

A point of tension I could forsee is we are making the Romero and Kulusevski deals permanent - Levy will likely count those as two new players whereas Conte won't.

Levy loves to catch people out on technicalities just like he did with Kane. Wouldn't suprise me if Levy saying he'll back Antonio = we will sign Kulu and Romero and might allow you one more player if you sell.

Conte isn't looking for a slow patient build and I can't see him accepting it when Levy inevitably doesn't bring in the multiple players needed, and the ones he does bring in arrive on 31st of August.

This Levy stuff is just getting silly. He was thrifty whilst we were building a £1bn stadium. Since then our net spend has been around £70m per year, despite two seasons where we weren't in the CL and in which we lost around £165m in revenue due to the pandemic (estimated by Swiss Ramble).

Last edited:
I think Levy holds a stronger hand this summer, in terms of manager negotiations, because of the situation in Paris where Poch looks set to leave. But I'm confident he will do everything to keep Conte, and that what he will do (i.e. spend) will be enough.

No way, Conte holds all the cards. Fans and players both love him, he's got us into the top 4. There'd be mutiny if he left because Levy didn't back him.

I think he'll fancy himself to win a cup next season too.

No way, Conte holds all the cards. Fans and players both love him, he's got us into the top 4. There'd be mutiny if he left because Levy didn't back him.

I think he'll fancy himself to win a cup next season too.

Over the last twenty years or so, I think Levy has tended to hold quite a few cards of his own - no reason to start underestimating him now just because of Conte. I too think he will want to stick with Conte - who wouldn't? I was just saying that if things go wrong for whatever reason - and I don't think they will mainly because I think Conte wants to stay and Levy wants to spend - we do not have to turn to the likes of Nuno, Fonseca or Gattuso, because there is an alternative who would jump at the chance to start from a higher platform this time around.

This Levy stuff is just getting silly. He was thrifty whilst we were building a £1bn stadium. Since then our net spend has been around £70m per year, despite two seasons where we weren't in the CL and in which we lost around £165m in revenue due to the pandemic (estimated by Swiss Ramble).

£70m now days is one player

Back