• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

But you're keen to see Grealish come in?

It's comparing a player who has been there and done it at the very top level, across multiple leagues to a bang average championship player.. And they're the same age.

Hopefully, we do have Poch making the decisions.

I would like Martial + Dembele MkII + Grealish + Shaqeri + De Ligt and possibly ??

I'm not "comparing". Wind your neck in, its all about as alway for us, money.

I would like Martial + Dembele MkII + Grealish + Shaqeri + De Ligt and possibly ??

I'm not "comparing". Wind your neck in, its all about as alway for us, money.

Why do you want 3 players for the same role?

We already have Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Moura for the front 3-4 positions. We only need to add one versatile WF/CF to that.

You're hoping we fork out 200mil+ in transfers!? A third of it on overrated dross?

Mate I think you should be the one winding in your expectations.

No. I don't 'expect' us to spend £200m. It would be nice to get all the players we need or have been linked with.

I have very meagre true expectations.
Just because you and I might or might not rate a given player does not make others opinions any less valid.
One mans "dross" is another mans Gazza.

We already have Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela and Moura for the front 3-4 positions. We only need to add one versatile WF/CF to that.

They can all do multiple jobs if injuries occur:). But in all seriousness, which it was not. We are never going to buy them all.

They can all do multiple jobs if injuries occur:). But in all seriousness, which it was not. We are never going to buy them all.

Remember Moura and Lamela weren't even getting the game time their form was deserving of in the final part of the season. Eriksen, Alli and Son is such a strong unit for anyone to compete against.

Remember Moura and Lamela weren't even getting the game time their form was deserving of in the final part of the season. Eriksen, Alli and Son is such a strong unit for anyone to compete against.
Of the attacking players mentioned I would like to see us bring Martial in. I think he has the right attributes and is the right age to come to Spurs. If somebody has to be sacrificed in order for that to happen then I would have no problems with us selling Lamela. I would prefer to simply add Martial to our existing squad and not lose any of our attacking alternatives however. In fact with us bringing in Martial I wonder whether we could simply move Llorente on and then be set with us then having both Son and Martial able to deputise for Kane.

In fact with us bringing in Martial I wonder whether we could simply move Llorente on and then be set with us then having both Son and Martial able to deputise for Kane.

I'd be delighted with this. Especially now that peace has broken out in Korea and the optics of Son deferring his potato-peeling stint for a few years have presumably improved.

Martial's Agent said:
"I think that when United, the most powerful club in the world, do not find an agreement after eight months of negotiations then they do not really want to keep such an important player in their squad. That's why this decision has come - it's a well-thought-out decision.
'most powerful club in the world' = ££££££££££££
If you want out because of playing time or the manager, do you have eight months of negotiations?
It looks like it's all about money; if United pay him enough, he'll stay.

Agents doing what agents do.I doubt we could offer something man u aren't that is more acceptable.Man u won't sell us a player that could improve us significantly.

can you explain to me how Grealish and Martial are the same role? Grealish is a Center Midfielder ( only 3 games a AMC from the stats I see last year) and Martial is an inside forward from the left.

'most powerful club in the world' = ££££££££££££
If you want out because of playing time or the manager, do you have eight months of negotiations?
It looks like it's all about money; if United pay him enough, he'll stay.

Bare in mind its the agent, not the player, but...

It reads to me very simply that Utd havent shown they want him enough.

The negotiations would have included how they see him developing, what their plans for him are, what his appearances are likely to look like... Its not ALL money, is it?

18 starts, 12 sub appearances in the PL last season tells all the story. Especially as the starts were weighted early in the season.

Mourinho has offered the player no love at all, and completely marginalised him, leaving him playing scraps.

Which is why I think its so funny we see reports of them not wanting to sell and having plans for him. Like what? Keeping the bench warm?

Of the attacking players mentioned I would like to see us bring Martial in. I think he has the right attributes and is the right age to come to Spurs. If somebody has to be sacrificed in order for that to happen then I would have no problems with us selling Lamela. I would prefer to simply add Martial to our existing squad and not lose any of our attacking alternatives however. In fact with us bringing in Martial I wonder whether we could simply move Llorente on and then be set with us then having both Son and Martial able to deputise for Kane.

That's the way I see it. A Martial/Pulisic/Arp coming in, with Llorente, Janssen, Sissoko and GKN moving on.

1 CF, 2 WF/CFs, 4 AMs. Perfect.

can you explain to me how Grealish and Martial are the same role? Grealish is a Center Midfielder ( only 3 games a AMC from the stats I see last year) and Martial is an inside forward from the left.

No - Jedinak, Whelen and Hourihane were Villa's primary CMs. Grealish is definitely an AM

It's the same role because we play a fluid 2 or 3 behind Kane, so it's adding to the Alli/Eriksen/Son/Lamela/Moura options. It doesn't really matter which side or whatever they prefer in our system - it's all interchanging

Back