• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

£28 million according to his wiki page.
Hang on a sec and I'll change that to £12.50 and a packet of Salt'n'Vinegar crisps.

The French media are reporting it as €25m (£18m).
The Daily Mail is reporting it as "up to £20m".
Wikipedia just reports it as "whatever news story was read by the last updater".

I assume the French media estimate is "slightly more likely" than the Daily Mail. Because... well.. it's the Daily Mail. But truth is we don't really know. I've read a few articles that seem to suggest Monaco have backed themselves into a corner with tax and FFP, and probably do need to sell quite urgently this summer - so there is that.

would be nice, very nice

its like i said before, its potentially like signing Depay a year ago. Im not saying this kid will explode like Depay, but club like ours has to get in quick and aggressively for these type of young talents.

interesting

Lacazette was a lot less established and a lot rougher at his age and he's come on absolutely leaps and bounds. Martial is comparable in style too.

So, how good is this guy? How do those in the know see him fitting in to poch's system? Will the fans be patient with him?

Misread the original - thought it was a comparison to Bony moving to Emirates Marketing Project not to Swansea.

No smoke without fire is the saying, and there is a lot of smoke of this Martial deal now! Twitter flowing over with reports of this being a done deal.
Even betting sites are announcing this as done.
Personally I'm not convinced. Yet.

i wouldnt be surprised if Lollerpool arent thinking of offloading Sterling for 40 mill and joining the race to sign Martial for 18 mill.....i dont think they would be any worse off

would be nice, very nice

its like i said before, its potentially like signing Depay a year ago. Im not saying this kid will explode like Depay, but club like ours has to get in quick and aggressively for these type of young talents.

interesting

Maybe we should be quicker . Marital cost Monaco less than £3m in 2013 .

whoscored.com reckon 7 of his goals this season came from playing in the CF position, where he played 18 games and that he only played 5 games in the wide positions (scoring no goals) 12 sub appearances getting 2 goals - but it doesn't stipulate what positions these were in.

sounds like he could be a second choice forward/rotational player for the wide positions

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/122366

I have actually seen this one play and I like him, I really like him. With the rate of inflation I would consider him to be the 10-15m pound type signing that has served us so well in the recent past.

He has the potential whether he transfers that to England is down to many different variables. But he has a chance with his pace and goal scoring attributes. I hope for a change we sign a player that the manager truly wants and have scouted him properly and is best position and what position we will play him in. But yeah I think if we sign him it would be a good signing.

Never seen him play but he's the sort of profile and age of player which we should be signing. If someone of this age/level has another two goo seasons then the price goes to £30m+ and CL are after him, which gives us no chance

There's obviously the risk that he doesnt succeed, however its a risk which we have to take

Back