• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ante Coric

@Vega - 'he wants a strong, ambitious club where he'll play a major role' - sounds like us, tbh. We need a dribbler in the AM band, and we might even need one to directly start over Eriksen if his form continues. Coric could see playing time immediately, and will certainly see it over the season given the paucity of our squad options.

Him and Marko Rog (also from Dinamo, a young box-to-box midfielder in the Dembele mould) would be nice one-stop solution to our two issues with depth, and it wouldn't cost us more than £30m for the pair of them, judging by the fees being bandied about for each one individually (Coric's been valued at 15m as per those tweets, and Rog was the subject of a similar bid from Napoli last month, iirc, although I don't know where that ended up).

You'd imagine that an attacking midfielder must be on the cards. Poch said recently that we might sign 'up to' three more players by the end of the window - one of which is clearly Lopez and one obviously N'Koudou. We'd then have 2 CFs, 5 senior players for the three positions behind the CF (assuming Chadli leaves), 2 DMs, four full back, 3 senior CBs (plus CCV and Dier as cover)....the obvious position where we have no cover (and which we missed today) is for Dembele. We also tried to sign Wijnaldum which also suggests that an attacking CM is targeted

Plus, there`s some scuttlebutt on Bluemoon that Coric apparently rejected City and set his heart on Spurs after a phone call to Modric. :p

Different players, Modric 12 years older etc. but can't help seeing a similar style and ability in this kid to Modric. Lets hope the powers that be get it over the line and he emulates his compatriot. Some players are worth paying a little more for...

Last edited:
Apparently Liverpool in the box seat for this one now according to papers.

Makes me slightly more optimistic strangely.

Different players, Modric 12 years older etc. but can't help seeing a similar style and ability in this kid to Modric. Lets hope the powers that be get it over the line and he emulates his compatriot. Some players are worth paying a little more for...

True. Tbh, it mainly reminds me of the time we had four Croats at once in 2010-2011 - Modders, Corluka, Kranjcar and that goalie, Pletikosa. Paralleled our current Belgian quartet, but was much less talked about, sadly, given that one of them was clearly worth so much more than the rest. :p

Post #43 from Matilda gave me some hope on this one. But wasn't there something earlier that he had decided to stay with Dinamo?

Post #43 from Matilda gave me some hope on this one. But wasn't there something earlier that he had decided to stay with Dinamo?

Yes he's looking forward to playing CL with them. Everything was signed off bar the medical, probably with pool, but last minute he backed out. A good lad. A loyal honest player. Good for him and his club.

Yes he's looking forward to playing CL with them. Everything was signed off bar the medical, probably with pool, but last minute he backed out. A good lad. A loyal honest player. Good for him and his club.

Fair enough. I can't claim to know much about him but he looked and sounded like a good prospect. But can't fault loyalty and honesty.

Fair enough. I can't claim to know much about him but he looked and sounded like a good prospect. But can't fault loyalty and honesty.

He came off the bench in Dinamo's CL game (and make the difference). But if he's coming off the bench, he's far from the finished article. A player who could excel, rather than one who is. Far easier to terrorise tired defences.

We have a few decent players of our own, but this kid had a Modric swagger to his play which was impressive. A lot of clubs wanted him, he'll get a move soon enough.

Logically he will move clubs in the summer...after a bidding war. But he seems switched on, and might like our setup. If there is any chance of getting him in now, we should push the boat out. Eriksen must of played more or less every PL game for us for 2 years practically? We don't have an understudy. This lad could fill the Dane's shoes, plus play a key role in cups, make a genuine impact as a sub, and work his way into the first team.

Back