• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another shooting in Murica

The man who replied "I don't know" when asked why he was shot?

Right.

Of course he didn't know why he was shot. Unless he succumbed to the truth, which is he was a black man and the officer was a scared white man who assumed that being black, that chap HAD to have a gun because he'd heard 'someone' did.
Seriously, that he even had to put his hands in the air and explain himself is weird enough. what is even weirder is that trained law enforcement officers couldn't tell the fudging difference between a TOY TRUCK and a gun. I mean, are the PD down there hiring poorly-sighted officers?

Call me old-fashioned, or even a tad whacky, but IF am ever to be shot by a law enforcement official, I would hope it is because I have lost my mind and am committing an egregious crime...you know, a criminal act. Not looking after an autistic patient holding a toy whilst raising my hands in the air!!!!!!

What happened to stun guns? I thought they were going to stop things like this. I mean stun guns came on to the scene years ago so why dont police give up live guns and just use stun guns.

I know the reason was almost certainly not racism. As with everything, the simplest answer is almost always the correct one - in this case that means fudgeing up rather than a policeman thinking "I really hate black people. Whilst I'm wearing a camera and have one mounted on my dash, whilst there are people looking to film just this kind of thing on their phones and we're surrounded by traffic/security cameras I'll take this opportunity to risk the death penalty and take one out. I'll get a big old pat on the back at the clan for this".

In my (obviously not!!!!) humble opinion, you have missed the point entirely. Racism does not necessarily display itself as 'really hating black people'...sometimes just absorbing all the fear-peddling flimflam written about how 'black crime' is so prevalent can plant the seed of fear in someone's head whenever they see a black person. Especially law enforcement. Especially law enforcement in the southern/eastern states.

Reactions: DTA
But even then, why would you use a stun gun on this bloke? he had his hands in the air and clearly stated the situation!!!!

Oh no i totally agree the guy was no threat and did not deserve it. I was talking more in general.

The police out there seem to have a problem with racism I would never defend that at all. Not sure but in this country a lot of the police officers I have come across have been bullied little kids who joined the force or psychos or people that just want a good pension.

Got into an argument with one once in Brighton, he threatened to arrest me and I told him to grow up and fcuk off, probably would have been shot if I did that in America. Weird thing the argument I had was over a festival called the burning of the clocks which we have in winter on the shortest day of the year.

In my (obviously not!!!!) humble opinion, you have missed the point entirely. Racism does not necessarily display itself as 'really hating black people'...sometimes just absorbing all the fear-peddling hogwash written about how 'black crime' is so prevalent can plant the seed of fear in someone's head whenever they see a black person. Especially law enforcement. Especially law enforcement in the southern/eastern states.
Basically the police are just racial profiling. Which is wrong, when I see a black man over 30 years old I do not think he is a criminal, when I see one under 30 I see a clam, but then I do with white under 30 year olds.

Oh no i totally agree the guy was no threat and did not deserve it. I was talking more in general.

The police out there seem to have a problem with racism I would never defend that at all. Not sure but in this country a lot of the police officers I have come across have been bullied little kids who joined the force or psychos or people that just want a good pension.

Got into an argument with one once in Brighton, he threatened to arrest me and I told him to grow up and fcuk off, probably would have been shot if I did that in America. Weird thing the argument I had was over a festival called the burning of the clocks which we have in winter on the shortest day of the year.

Absolutely mate, understood and apologies for suggesting otherwise. It is a good question. I will ask my mate across the street, who has been undercover and in special areas of the force for 20+ years. A great guy. By the way, his explanation for the spate is that there are some pretty poor hiring practices which do allow nutters and tossers through the door. He also said that the fear factor rises dramatically with young inexperienced officers. Obvious stuff I suppose, but...

Right.

Of course he didn't know why he was shot. Unless he succumbed to the truth, which is he was a black man and the officer was a scared white man who assumed that being black, that chap HAD to have a gun because he'd heard 'someone' did.
Seriously, that he even had to put his hands in the air and explain himself is weird enough. what is even weirder is that trained law enforcement officers couldn't tell the fudgeing difference between a TOY TRUCK and a gun. I mean, are the PD down there hiring poorly-sighted officers?

Call me old-fashioned, or even a tad whacky, but IF am ever to be shot by a law enforcement official, I would hope it is because I have lost my mind and am committing an egregious crime...you know, a criminal act. Not looking after an autistic patient holding a toy whilst raising my hands in the air!!!!!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the officer Hispanic?

In my (obviously not!!!!) humble opinion, you have missed the point entirely. Racism does not necessarily display itself as 'really hating black people'...sometimes just absorbing all the fear-peddling hogwash written about how 'black crime' is so prevalent can plant the seed of fear in someone's head whenever they see a black person. Especially law enforcement. Especially law enforcement in the southern/eastern states.
He was answering a dispatch call following a civilian report of a suicidal man carrying a gun. Of course he thought there was a gun.

He was answering a dispatch call following a civilian report of a suicidal man carrying a gun. Of course he thought there was a gun.

Training or no training, the cop had enough time to gauge the situation, see that there was no threat before pulling the trigger.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Training or no training, the cop had enough time to gauge the situation, see that there was no threat before pulling the trigger.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk
Maybe he did, maybe the angles meant he couldn't get a clear view of the "gun"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the officer Hispanic?

You are correct. My apologies.

He was identified as hispanic.

So..."the officer was a scared Hispanic man who assumed that being black, that chap HAD to have a gun because he'd heard 'someone' did."
The common denominator here is that the attending officer(s) assumed that the black man was armed. Although I might even owe you an apology there! APPARENTLY the officer who shot was actually trying to shoot the patient who was waving a toy truck around in the air (assuming it was a gun) but his aim/shot was so poor, he happened to hit the black man who was sitting on the floor, arms in the air saying 'don't shoot' and explaining that the chap waving the toy truck in the air was his patient/'charge'. The only possible reason I would consider this NOT to be the biggest crock of brick since Trump's foreign policy, is that the shooting officer also could not tell that the object in the 'target's' hand was a toy truck and not a gun! MAYBE he is the worst-sighted officer on that (or any) police force. In which case you might ponder why he would be sent out on such a call.

Maybe the fact that he was being repeatedly told by one of the chaps that there was no gun on the scene might have been an indication it was worth investigating further?

I wonder how many police officers have been injured over the years after being told by a suspect that "honest officer i mean you no harm".

Maybe the fact that he was being repeatedly told by one of the chaps that there was no gun on the scene might have been an indication it was worth investigating further?
If someone pointed a gun at you and said "Tell that cop it's a toy truck or I'll shoot you in the rooster" what would you do?

There's no way in a million years the officer can just accept that explanation - he has to act in terms of his own safety and that of the public.

Back