• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Another Chelsea game and still no OMT *

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given Sissoko's style of play - which involves running around a lot - more even than Super Pav - I hope we don't rush him back too early, only to lose him for the rest of the season.

Having read that back I find it difficult to believe that I'm even writing such a thing. Nevertheless, Sissoko does, finally, bring more to the team than an ever sparkling pair of white sweatbands (which must be worn due to superstition, surely, and not because he is worried about slippery hands when taking throw-ins, [please tell me its so long time supporters of Sissoko who have read such things in French sports media])

Nervous about tonight. A shame about our injuries. I can't really see us winning, but 0-0 might be a possibility, and who knows, maybe someone will step up and provide a goal somehow. Come on, Tottenham, fudging smash 'em!

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen (C) - Davies
Dier - Winks
Sissoko - Eriksen - Lamela
Llorente​

Subs:
Lloris
Rose
Sanchez
Walker-Peters
Skipp
Nkoudou
Lucas.​

Gazzaniga, Aurier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen (C), Davies, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Lamela, Llorente. Subs: Lloris, Rose, Sanchez, Walker-Peters, Skipp, Nkoudou, Lucas.
Disappointed no Rose but Sissoko Dier and Aurier gives us some physicality. Llorente has to contribute tonight, even if it’s just holding it up.

I guess Sissoko is in a more advanced role on the team sheet but I expect him to drop back and supper Aurier.

Disappointed no Rose but Sissoko Dier and Aurier gives us some physicality. Llorente has to contribute tonight, even if it’s just holding it up.

I guess Sissoko is in a more advanced role on the team sheet but I expect him to drop back and supper Aurier.

That’s why I would have gone moura, if he can hold it up there’s not a lot going beyond him.

He’s also not quick enough to make things difficult for the defence.

Yes, presumably Moura isnt considered 100% - its a very slow looking team with no-one who will run behind their defence. They could happily defend 40 yards out and just pin us back - Eriksen, Lamela and Llorente won't run on to anything over the top.

Great to have Dier back

That’s why I would have gone moura, if he can hold it up there’s not a lot going beyond him.

He’s also not quick enough to make things difficult for the defence.
Agreed. I meant in terms of at least holding it up to give the midfield and defence some respite.

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen (C) - Davies
Dier - Winks
Sissoko - Eriksen - Lamela
Llorente​

Subs:
Lloris
Rose
Sanchez
Walker-Peters
Skipp
Nkoudou
Lucas.​
Looks like we'll be playing the kids on Sunday.

By the way, where's Foyth? Odd he's not even on the bench.

I think that he has to start. He was excellent in the first leg and is on good form at the moment. With the others out, we need senior players. He can sit out Palace.

Poch will bring him on if needed methinks. As much to do with coverage as anything I suspect. Playing two high-pressers could be fatal. I like the balance of the team. Incredible that we can put out a side like that and still have Moura on the bench whilst missing three of the best players in Europe.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I think that Poch Will stick with a back three until March at least. It is the formation that allows him to get the best available players onto the pitch.

I think that he has to start. He was excellent in the first leg and is on good form at the moment. With the others out, we need senior players. He can sit out Palace.

What the fudge do I know

giphy.gif

Back