• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Another Chelsea game and still no OMT *

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not particularly fussed as I don’t care about the LC. I am surprised we lost though as I don’t think Chelsea are that good, I feel we still had the better starting eleven despite our injury issues.

In isolation it was a poor performance.
Plus Hazard is way better than anyone we could select.

We will have to agree to disagree. Kane and Alli are not just two players missing, but 2 special players, players who lift us from a good team to a very good team. Just like Eriksen does and just like Dembele has done throughout the time Poch has been manager, this season aside. There are players who are good and others who are a level above this in our squad. Imo we cannot easily cover the ones in the latter category. Our position in the table does not mean we are serious challengers to the top 2, I have never believed that and tbh neither have many observers. Agreed Liverpool would be affected by similar forward losses as us. My contention though is that the quality of the rest of their squad is enough to compensate for their losses better than us anyway, as is City’s. Both are more resilient than us.

Not sure if you are angling to write another bottling narrative with your last paragraph but I certainly don’t think that would be fair or accurate about yesterday.

Not angling for a bottling narrative for this loss. I don't think we bottled this game (though our record generally in high stakes cup games under Poch is poor and I want an improvement tbh) but I still think we should have done better in the circumstances. We needed t be more wily with how we approached the first half considering the injuries we had upfront but oh well. No point going over it again now.

Anyway, like you said mate, let's agree to disagree, I don't think either of us will come round to the other's way of thinking. Good to have an amicable disagreement online though!

Not angling for a bottling narrative for this loss. I don't think we bottled this game (though our record generally in high stakes cup games under Poch is poor and I want an improvement tbh) but I still think we should have done better in the circumstances. We needed t be more wily with how we approached the first half considering the injuries we had upfront but oh well. No point going over it again now.

Anyway, like you said mate, let's agree to disagree, I don't think either of us will come round to the other's way of thinking. Good to have an amicable disagreement online though!

I thought we had the game locked cup in the first-half until Llorente's awful header gifted Chelski possession and allowed them a swift turn-over the force the corner. It was a momentum-changing moment. Until then we'd looked in control. I think perhaps we needed to be tougher at that point, but for me that was a major moment in the tie.

Back