• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Another Chelsea game and still no OMT *

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are fudged though as they haven't had the income to bring in the calibre of players they need IMO and his.

They have to sell Hazard to fund these transfers

depends on expectation I guess, if they get out of the arms race it's inevitable they will drop back

So those cnuts get their chance to win their 16th trophy since that Russian took over,where us, with only one trophy keep knocking on the door of success and get turned away with our pants around our ankles....various managers,various teams,various formations have tried over the years and failed basically where the only thing that hasn't chnged is the chairman and owner in that time.

I would like to think that once we get into the new ground we should at least have a go and spend on two or three top top quality players,after the news we are the 10th biggest club with a turnover of £379 million i think the owner needs to relax a little and support the best manager we've ever had for over 40 years and give him a little help,why are we pleading poverty or the manager saying the clubs motto in every press conference that we don't need to spend when clearly we do....every top 5 side around us have back up,two players vying for each position,not saying go crazy but surely we need to act as a top club .

This period in the clubs history is the best time ive known that we have prospects of actually winning something major but if we carry on like this we'll look back on a massive opportunity that passes us by.

So those cnuts get their chance to win their 16th trophy since that Russian took over,where us, with only one trophy keep knocking on the door of success and get turned away with our pants around our ankles....various managers,various teams,various formations have tried over the years and failed basically where the only thing that hasn't chnged is the chairman and owner in that time.

I would like to think that once we get into the new ground we should at least have a go and spend on two or three top top quality players,after the news we are the 10th biggest club with a turnover of £379 million i think the owner needs to relax a little and support the best manager we've ever had for over 40 years and give him a little help,why are we pleading poverty or the manager saying the clubs motto in every press conference that we don't need to spend when clearly we do....every top 5 side around us have back up,two players vying for each position,not saying go crazy but surely we need to act as a top club .

This period in the clubs history is the best time ive known that we have prospects of actually winning something major but if we carry on like this we'll look back on a massive opportunity that passes us by.

Wrong way of looking at it IMO - we have now got ourselves to the top table and are there in a sustainable way.
Lack of trophies are a issue and this team feels like it deserves one with the consistency over last 4 years, however just like this team was built on the heads of Bale, and Modric, who was build on Berba and King. No reason that the team built on Kane and others wont go up another level

Just chatting to my Chelsea supporting mate who actually went yesterday... he thinks their fooked as a club

Giroud is out of contract this summer
Luiz is out of contract this summer
Hazard wants to go (in his opinion)
Higuain is on loan so they will have NO strikers this summer potentially or maybe 1
Pedro and Willian are passed it
All the youngsters wanna leave

They Chelsea all looked halfhearted as a team.
Sorri won't be there next season and that's if he sees out this one.

Last edited:
I have to say we were excellent in the second half last night.
Blew me away, I did not expect that. They were triffic!

Last edited:
I'm not overestimating it at all. That team would still be competitive against most teams. Again, they would be clear underdogs against City but to say they are on another level is hyperbole to the extreme.

That team above would include 11 internationals. Two of the best cbs in the league and also 2 of the best attacking players in the league.

IMO you are. You are right, the team above would be competitive against most teams but not the top teams imo, the Liverpools, City Barcelona etc and generally those are the teams we have to beat to win trophies.

Yesterday Chelsea got behind our defence time and time again, on another day we would have conceded more goals. Son aside, that was pretty much the team you said could beat City in the final. Where they are in league at the moment relative to us is a spurious point given that we achieved that position with our star players being fit. Most neutral observers would say they, not us, are the team best equipped and most likely to challenge Liverpool for the title. So by that reasoning they are a level above us. Not a level above us when both our squads are fully fit. It's just we cannot replace our star players as easily as they can. Only the most myopic of Spurs fans would disagree that Liverpool and City are not on another level to us in terms of squad depth and overall quality. It's a credit to Poch's first class management that we are in touching distance of them in the league.

Even if we accept your view that we are a top team without Kane, a fit Dembele and Dele, that is not really borne out by yesterday'' game. 1-0 up from the first leg I still thought it would be a big ask to better Chelsea on their own ground. As it turned out we couldn't even hold them to a draw. This lack of defensive solidity with our top 2 central defenders playing and 2 defensive midfielders in front of them makes me question whether we are currently a top team. To beat City we would have to defend better than we did yesterday.

Don't confuse being a good side, better than most in the PL and embued with extra cojones by Poch with being a really top side. For me Kane, Dele and Eriksen and a fit Dembele type player are our unreplaceables and we also need a top drawer defensive midfielder/ centre back.

Last edited:
Wrong way of looking at it IMO - we have now got ourselves to the top table and are there in a sustainable way.
Lack of trophies are a issue and this team feels like it deserves one with the consistency over last 4 years, however just like this team was built on the heads of Bale, and Modric, who was build on Berba and King. No reason that the team built on Kane and others wont go up another level

Yes would love that to happen(Berba and King did actually win something) but when...this year ,next year,i think sometimes people are just waiting and waiting and waiting... for us to win something with our prudent style of spending,just to give two fingers up to people who want to buy. I'm not advocating a big spend but buying quality,a top up player or two. We do pay for the most expensive season tickets,once we're in the new ground.

Its not as if we are short of a few bob!!

Yes would love that to happen(Berba and King did actually win something) but when...this year ,next year,i think sometimes people are just waiting and waiting and waiting... for us to win something with our prudent style of spending,just to give two fingers up to people who want to buy. I'm not advocating a big spend but buying quality,a top up player or two. We do pay for the most expensive season tickets,once we're in the new ground.

Its not as if we are short of a few bob!!

Its not about putting 2 fingers up to those who want to buy.

This is the best team in my lifetime, 10yrs ago i never thought in my lifetime id see us in a title race, we are now in and about it every year
I loved winning FA Cup in 91 and League Cups after, but those were 1 offs, great for a day made better as you knew that was our pinacle

We are building something long term slowly, thats annoying its frustrating at times, but although it doesnt feel like it this is probably our best season under poch, despite the circumstance.
Most Points, Semi of League Cup, Still in FA Cup and CL

Repeating myself from the Poch thread, but the players we need still dont want to come to us, the players who want us arent good enough. So we have to hold our nerve and be smart. That may frustrate everyone, but barcelona just had to get KPB at 31 as a backup to Suarez. Thats the reality esp in Jan

De Jong will be a success at Barca and people will say see why didnt we get De jong, they forget Coutinho, Malcom, O.Dembele who cost 320mil and arent really wanted.

coi
Always feel more gutted when youve actually been to the game. Probably because, and let's be clear about this, they are the biggest bunch of c.unts in this league, on and off the pitch.

At half time it really felt they would roll us over 3,4,5 nil in that second half BUT full credit to Poch for instilling the belief that we weren't gonna walk out of there without giving it our best shot. To get to the coin flip of penalties, while more of our players were dropping like flies, was a fantastic effort.

Being realistic the final is only 4 weeks away, so who would be available to face City is anyone's guess. To beat them Kane, Alli would all have to play.

I think I'm with @thfcsteff and Sunday can be whatever it wants, we have to be careful and with that realistic, we're a bit shot up at the moment, if we can manage ourselves through the next 3/4 weeks...Sonny will be back and we'll have a better idea when Kane and Alli will be back.

We're lucky Poch has such a well drilled group in the systems, so the ongoing injuries/changes don't make us look like a bunch of strangers.

I know we want a trophy BUT the way this season has gone, a top 4 finish is paramount.

Coin flip of penalties!
I don't like penalty shoot outs either but World cups have been won on penalty shoot outs.
What's the use of equalising to get to that stage just to look at it as a toss of a coin?

It's part of the ninety minutes played and you have to have that mentality still to win it!
For us to miss two out of five in the first round of takers ...is pretty poor IMO.

coi

Coin flip of penalties!
I don't like penalty shoot outs either but World cups have been won on penalty shoot outs.
What's the use of equalising to get to that stage just to look at it as a toss of a coin?

It's part of the ninety minutes played and you have to have that meteorology still to win it!
For us to miss two out of five in the first round of takers ...is pretty poor IMO.
Meteorology..lol. Well we blew it at that point...:rolleyes:

Worth watching Eriksen's great pass again - even if it drags up the "what if" memories, or "if only...Kane/Dele" etc.

I know I'm going to get slaughtered for this but hey ho.
That's a great looking pass, but the wrong one IMHO. The better, easier option is the pass to lamela, to then find either Llorente or someone charging from midfield.
The xg of that pass turning into a goal must be very high.
It would have looked stunning etc, but the chances of it coming off, very unlikely.

I know I'm going to get slaughtered for this but hey ho.
That's a great looking pass, but the wrong one IMHO. The better, easier option is the pass to lamela, to then find either Llorente or someone charging from midfield.
The xg of that pass turning into a goal must be very high.
It would have looked stunning etc, but the chances of it coming off, very unlikely.
If Llorente was fully match sharp then perhaps he’d have realised how much space he had around him and would’ve taken a touch before slotting home; like what Dele did there last season.

Back