• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* Another Chelsea game and still no OMT *

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Moura's not available/fit then his hand is forced to a back 3, unless he plays Sterling. As above though, I think either formation is equally likely however given a back 4 worked in teh first leg, I'd stick to it on Thurs

I think that Poch Will stick with a back three until March at least. It is the formation that allows him to get the best available players onto the pitch.

Winks needs a break, so if Sissoko is fit to play, I'd start him and Dier in midfield. I'm assuming MS' not, so maybe he can rest at the weekend.

-----------Lloris----------
-----TBA--DVS--JVT---
Trips--Winks--Dier--Rose
--Lamela--Moura--Eriksen

Get through w/ a draw.

I think that Poch Will stick with a back three until March at least. It is the formation that allows him to get the best available players onto the pitch.

How the CBs move into midfield is therefore crucial. It should license Toby, Jan and Sanchez to maurade forward. All 3 can be pretty handy with the ball at their feet. Knowing when to go, keeping cool around the box etc etc needs to be finessed. Knowing when an extra man is needed in midfield and how they all coordinate together...

Last edited:
How the CBs move into midfield is therefore crucial. It should license Toby, Jan and Sanchez to maurade forward. All 3 can be pretty handy with the ball at their feet. Knowing when to go, keeping cool around the box etc etc needs to be finessed. Knowing when an extra man is needed in midfield and how they all coordinate together...

That's how we've done it in the past and Foyth is pretty good going forward too. It means that the fullbacks should play most of the game between the half way line and the edge of the opponent's box

Big decisions for Poch to make. 3 at the back, 4 at the back, Llorente or Moura up front? Sissoko in from the start?

Gazzaniga
Foyth Alder Vertonghen
Aurier Dier Winks Davies
Eriksen Lamela
Moura

or

Gazzaniga
Aurier Alder Vertonghen Davies
Dier Winks
Lamela Eriksen Moura
Llorente

or perhaps Sissoko in midfield with Moura up top. A lot to contemplate for Poch. Reckon the 3 at the back might be a way to wrestle back control of the game after the wembley game. Works better with Dier back in midfield.

Toby and Jan especially in comfortable with on the ball, ditto Foyth. Sanchez makes me nervous though, I like him being the muscle covering the other two or marking a physical number 9. I expect we’ll see it in action a few times until March, perhaps with Toby playing anchor if Foyth is preferred as the right of the three. With less defensive responsibility for the full backs a couple of players have an opportunity to give Poch some good selection dilemmas if we ever get everyone fit.

Big decisions for Poch to make. 3 at the back, 4 at the back, Llorente or Moura up front? Sissoko in from the start?

Gazzaniga
Foyth Alder Vertonghen
Aurier Dier Winks Davies
Eriksen Lamela
Moura

or

Gazzaniga
Aurier Alder Vertonghen Davies
Dier Winks
Lamela Eriksen Moura
Llorente

or perhaps Sissoko in midfield with Moura up top. A lot to contemplate for Poch. Reckon the 3 at the back might be a way to wrestle back control of the game after the wembley game. Works better with Dier back in midfield.
I have a feeling Poch goes with Llorente and a back 3. Eriksen and Winks aside it might just come down to whether Sissoko, Moura and Dier are PochFit or if he thinks they can only come off the bench. I’d be a lot more confident if they were all available as I think a clean sheet is vital and without Moura we won’t have much on the counter.

I have a feeling Poch goes with Llorente and a back 3. Eriksen and Winks aside it might just come down to whether Sissoko, Moura and Dier are PochFit or if he thinks they can only come off the bench. I’d be a lot more confident if they were all available as I think a clean sheet is vital and without Moura we won’t have much on the counter.
If it's about countering them I think Sissoko's power from the middle can blow a huge hole in their midfield on the break.

Toby and Jan especially in comfortable with on the ball, ditto Foyth. Sanchez makes me nervous though, I like him being the muscle covering the other two or marking a physical number 9. I expect we’ll see it in action a few times until March, perhaps with Toby playing anchor if Foyth is preferred as the right of the three. With less defensive responsibility for the full backs a couple of players have an opportunity to give Poch some good selection dilemmas if we ever get everyone fit.

Sanchez normally sits back because he has the pace to cover.

Poch knows. The players (Lamela) knows...

Pochettino was also asked about the notorious Battle of the Bridge from May 2016, which seems to symbolise the animosity between Spurs and Chelsea. “Yes but there is no Cesc Fàbregas now,” he replied, with a smile; Fàbregas left Chelsea for Monaco two weeks ago. “I always remember his comments. The players remember. When he said: ‘We would love that Leicester won the title.’ The relationship after that was much better between the players and the staff. It’s going to be a battle but a sporting battle.”

Gazzaniga
Alderweireld---Sánchez--Vertonghen
Dier---Winks
Aurier---Eriksen---Rose
Llorente Moura

Lloris Trippier Davies Sissoko/Skipp Lamela Skipp/Nkoudou Sterling​
Definitely not Llorente on his own up front.

Last edited:
It is hard to get motivated for this match. With only a slim 1-0 lead from the first leg, it is going to be really tough to overcome Chelsea in the second leg away. It is even worse with Kane, Alli and Sissoko out injured, Son not available, Moura inury prone while Eriksen and Lamela out of form. We will need almost a miracle to overcome Chelsea and progress to the Final.

It is going to be a tense match. Chelsea will be desperate to beat us. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to get at least a draw to qualify to the Carabao Cup final.

Back