• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

I don't think that Onomah has cost us any points and I would put his development above keeping a player happy who the manager has deemed surplus to requirements.
Ouch. Okay maybe It did not work out for him the way he would have wished, he lost his way a bit for sure, but he also had his moments and no doubt helped earn us a few points too.

Good luck Andros, I hope you get your brick together for the Toon and help them stay up.

Ouch. Okay maybe It did not work out for him the way he would have wished, he lost his way a bit for sure, but he also had his moments and no doubt helped earn us a few points too.

Good luck Andros, I hope you get your brick together for the Toon and help them stay up.

I think that you've misunderstood. I was not saying that Townsend had cost us points. I was saying that the decision to have Onomah on the bench above him hadn't cost us any points.

Good luck to Townsend. Too bad he couldn't make it at Spurs. I think he would have been a decent player if he had stopped trying to emulate Bale in scoring goals and concentrated on creating goal scoring chances for others instead. I think he will be a decent player for Saudi Sportswashing Machine though.

No doubt Townsend will come back to score against us now. But hope his goals won't destroy our league title or CL hopes ! Remember Etherington and Taarabt in 2012 ? Etherington scored twice for Stoke while Taarabt got the only goal for QPR as they beat us to destroy our CL hopes in 2012. We still don't know how much effect Lennon's goal for Everton will have on us this season.

So, it is not really wise to let our former players join other clubs in PL. We already have too many ex players in the league now. The latest is Adebayor who have joined Palace but fortunately we have already played them home and away this season.

Andros is Tottenham through and through. He has talent and can affect games. He could have been a good off the bench option for us. But that is no career.

The bottom line is , Poch likes players who listen. Andros doesn't listen.

And he has "repeatedly" done well on the England front (OK - more "consistently in a few appearances").

Apart from Vs Spurs, would love to see him turn it on.

Good luck to him, wish him well. Always a shame to see an academy graduate leave the club, but he obviously wasn't going to get much game time as it stood.
Think Saudi Sportswashing Machine have done some good business this January.

Farewell and good luck.
Not a bad player but finds himself surrounded by greater talents which highlighted his self indulgence.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine agree £12m fee with Tottenham for the transfer of Andros Townsend.

Guardian said it last night, but £12m makes sense as a compromise figure

Well played again Mr Levy.

I wish Townsend the best of luck. I always felt he put himself under way too much pressure when playing for us, constantly feeling the need to take everything on himself. It was this mindset which has caused his lack of minutes and seen him earn the ire of the home fans.

A likeable guy, but ultimately not able to fit with Poch's plans.

12 million for a bang average winger. It's insane. Stoke paid the same for Shaqiri. I'm definitely not a fan of Shaqiri, but I know who I'd choose. Imagine the fee for Townsend if he'd had the same ability as Shaqiri!
IMG_20160127_005613.jpg

He's a good guy without an ego (as evidenced by him training well and accepting the U-21 demotion with equanimity after that scuffle,) a Spurs fan...and a good player, on his day (which just happens to be very rare). He's also been at the club for sixteen years....that means something.

Goodbye, Andros. Thank you for your service. You're a good man, you support the same club I do, and you're a decent player...all things considered, I hope success awaits you at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

In fairness i wouldn't take newspaper figures as gospel when it comes to wages/transfers

Another report: He is currently paid £16,500 a week at White Hart Lane, but that is set to triple that to £55,000-a-week with Saudi Sportswashing Machine according to the Mirror, with them offering him big money to lure him to the club.

I can see why Saudi Sportswashing Machine was the only club he would join.

Good luck to Andros. He's a strange player. A MOTD player, overall, for sure. Most of any rep he had is based off a handful (and that's kind being kind) of standout moments - mostly for England - and those moments for us have dwindled hugely in the most recent years.

I don't think his talents are without merit - he has some, he has some potential. He has a lot of flaws in his game. His style is not suitable to a Poch team and his level is not suitable for a team that is at the level we are at currently - he's not smart enough on the pitch, too much bad decision-making, way too inconsistent. Then there's also the obvious fact that we don't and won't play with conventional wingers due to Poch's 4-3-3-.

Wish him well though - I don't get those who give him a lot of abuse, what's he done to deserve that? He's a Spurs fan, been with us 16 years, he'd have wanted to succeed here more than anything I'd have thought... but it is time for us and him to move on. 12 mil is outstanding Levyeconomics. I think he could become an effective midtable Prem player, for sure.

Good...

Good luck to him I suppose. I have rather few happy memories of Andros and a lot of really frustrating one's. Can't help feeling happy that he's no longer at the club.

Another report: He is currently paid £16,500 a week at White Hart Lane, but that is set to triple that to £55,000-a-week with Saudi Sportswashing Machine according to the Mirror, with them offering him big money to lure him to the club.

I can see why Saudi Sportswashing Machine was the only club he would join.
£40k a week according to the broadsheets. That is a pretty standard wage for a 24 year old England international.

Back