• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andros Townsend

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Andros Townsend intends to use his loan spell at Queens Park Rangers as an opportunity to stake a claim for a regular role at Tottenham Hotspur.

The 21-year-old midfielder has been restricted to just 18 appearances in four years at White Hart Lane, with eight loan spells taken in during that time.

The problem facing Townsend is that his route to Spurs' starting XI is currently blocked by the likes of Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale.

He concedes that he has a lot to prove if he is to convince Andre Villas-Boas that he has a future in north London, but feels a stint at Loftus Road, competing at a Premier League level, will provide him with the perfect stage on which to showcase his talents.

Townsend told the Evening Standard: "Ever since I was 17, I've been told I'm unlucky because I have two of the best wingers in the world, Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon, ahead of me. But I'm 21 now. I'm not a youngster any more.

"I understand what people mean but I can't just sit in the reserves and say, 'Look who's ahead of me'. Andre Villas-Boas has said it to me, too, so I hear it a lot.

"You can do well in the lower leagues but the manager will always wonder if you can do it at the top level. Look at Steven Caulker, he did brilliantly for Swansea last season and now he's played regularly for Spurs and he's played for England.

"This is my big chance to show the people at Tottenham what I can do, playing on the stage they're on. Andre Villas-Boas has told me he doesn't want to sell me and that I'm in his plans for the future.

"He called me on deadline day to wish me luck at QPR, which was extremely encouraging. I'm confident I can eventually break into the Spurs team but my focus now is to help QPR stay up."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8497163/Andros-Townsend-eager-to-impress-during-Queens-Park-Rangers-loan

I've seen enough of Townsend to think that the lad has a very bright future ahead of him - preferably at Spurs.

Would love it if he did really step up, only because he really wants to play for Spurs. I love that. Seems a decent lad.

And as he mentions Caulker, I think that example will help us with a lot of other youngsters who can see that carrot being dangled in front of them now.

Needs to improve his decision making, get his head up when he's got the ball. Things that will improve with experience and he will struggle to get that with us at the moment.

Actually I thought he was improving with every game and was hoping to see him for 15 mins every match just to add some variety to our attack. Does he have a recall clause?

Actually I thought he was improving with every game and was hoping to see him for 15 mins every match just to add some variety to our attack. Does he have a recall clause?

Not allowed in PL loans, can only return in a transfer window and must stay at least the period between two transfer windows.

One of the youth products I've always rated and was gutted that he might potentially be sold. Perhaps if this whole Bale in the middle thing works out - perhaps he could play on the left? That said - hoping Bale is still here next season!

Sounds like AVB is handling the dressing room well. Fringe players wantinf to earn a place in the squad as opposed to just get king hacked off

One of the youth products I've always rated and was gutted that he might potentially be sold. Perhaps if this whole Bale in the middle thing works out - perhaps he could play on the left? That said - hoping Bale is still here next season!

i was going to make the same point.

The PL loan has worked for Walker, Naughton, Caulker and hopefully for Andros..

I like the lad and hope he has a bright future

Well with AVB doing a good job of inviting bids for Bale with his recent press comments, I guess we might see Townsend next season playing for Spurs a bit more. I would have thought he would be getting more game time now if he was really going to make it with us. If (when?) we sell Bale I imagine we will try and use the money to sign a star to replace him.

And where would Holtby play? Not CM or right?

Well with AVB doing a good job of inviting bids for Bale with his recent press comments, I guess we might see Townsend next season playing for Spurs a bit more. I would have thought he would be getting more game time now if he was really going to make it with us. If (when?) we sell Bale I imagine we will try and use the money to sign a star to replace him.

:-k

You continually claim that you are prepared to give AVB a fair chance and that you want him to succeed. And yet, I can only surmise that your words are hollow and insincere.

AVB "inviting bids for Bale"? Load of fudging, agenda driven nonsense.

Can't say I've seen him play for QPR yet but glad to hear he is doing well. I'm not one who's been completely sold by him but he seems like a good lad and premier league experience can only be good for him, even if it is for a club in a fairly odd situation.

As mentioned earlier it seems to be his decision making that seems to be an issue. Confidence can be a great thing but often it seemed like he would always try to take the world on as opposed to just moving the ball on. He is definitely talented and if he does mature I do think he can be a very useful player for us in the future.

Back