• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB Sacked page 224

Please tell us what you saw that so many of us could not. Please enlighten us because I am so desperate to understand what avb was trying to do.

I would, but I tried to go through all of our games this season, but it came back to me that games that we fully deserved to win, where we scored goals and created multiple clear cut chances and played nice football were a 7 or more on the turgidity rating...clearly we will never agree.

I saw a lot to be positive about under AVB, I really felt he had a long term plan and however games ended up you could see why and quantify it, under Sherwood (early days obviously) it's all a bit haphazard, reminds me if the 90's actually.

I would, but I tried to go through all of our games this season, but it came back to me that games that we fully deserved to win, where we scored goals and created multiple clear cut chances and played nice football were a 7 or more on the turgidity rating...clearly we will never agree.

To me the most impressive we played under avb this season admittedly without the goals was everton away 1st half.

Isn't that to be expected when a team is settling in with loads of foreigners and hasn't settled yet? Or do you expect perfect football and good results, already in position to achieve our targets, and with nothing going wrong in the initial settling in period?

but how many times did the majority of the new signings all play together??? its an easy excuse imo. AVB played at least 7 or 8 players in each game who were here last season

To me the most impressive we played under avb this season admittedly without the goals was everton away 1st half.

That was a very impressive 45 mins, for me it was the villa game, absolutely strangled it, they were absolutely no threat whatsoever.

Mate, We really were watching different teams this season. Which games did we " fully deserve to win, scored goals, created multiple clear cut chances and played nice football" and still scored 7 or more on the turgid meter?

Drubbings aside, if any of that had been anywhere near true in any way, shape or form, do you really think AVB would have got the sack?

Mate, We really were watching different teams this season. Which games did we " fully deserve to win, scored goals, created multiple clear cut chances and played nice football" and still scored 7 or more on the turgid meter?

Drubbings aside, if any of that had been anywhere near true in any way, shape or form, do you really think AVB would have got the sack?

I can't go back over it all again, but you use Sunderland as a turgid example...it just wasn't.

To be classed as good football, it appears we have to be sweeping forward at every moment in the match with fantastic football. If the opposition creates a chance, it disqualifies it from being a good performance. If we don't score in one half, it instantly renders the entire game and thus the entire season 'some of the most turgid football in the league'.

That is genuinely what I feel like I'm arguing against. It's such an unfair way to judge the team.

my idea of good football is being better than the other team, there's more than one way to skin a cat

[tweet]252109876510208001[/tweet]

[tweet]414701096464965632[/tweet]

[tweet]414702527322406912[/tweet]

Thanks. Forgive me if I am missing something but I don't see anything in the Castle's articles along the lines that you were suggesting. Obviously the Keys tweet is contentious because it was immediately withdrawn and there is more than one explanation why.

Not THE most turgid game no. That's why I scored it a 7.

Let me remind you Sunderland were bottom of the table and largely in disarray. We were the better team (not difficult really), we scraped to single goal win, where the result was in doubt until the final whistle. Yes we deserved to win, but under AVB we were always better away as teams felt obliged to attack us as they were at home in front of their own supporters. It was predominantly at home where teams came to defend that we were at our most turgid.

Hull, West Ham, Swansea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine ( first half).

I won't even mention the drubbings.

Thanks. Forgive me if I am missing something but I don't see anything in the Castle's articles along the lines that you were suggesting. Obviously the Keys tweet is contentious because it was immediately withdrawn and there is more than one explanation why.

The article isn't necessarily about that, it's just the link to the latest article he has written on the AVB situation. But on the timeline, he retweets Keys and his subsequent two tweets are right after that one, referring to it. The implication is clear, and Castles will know whether or not Sherwood actually did it.

What is the other explanation as to why Keys tweeted what he did?

To be classed as good football, it appears we have to be sweeping forward at every moment in the match with fantastic football. If the opposition creates a chance, it disqualifies it from being a good performance. If we don't score in one half, it instantly renders the entire game and thus the entire season 'some of the most turgid football in the league'.

That is genuinely what I feel like I'm arguing against. It's such an unfair way to judge the team.

That is a complete mis-representation of my position and is so puerile and facile, it really is beneath you.

Let me put it this way, at home, which teams would you say we have completely dominated and beaten comfortably by a margin of more than one goal. I can think of one. Norwich. Yippie. Any others?

Not THE most turgid game no. That's why I scored it a 7.

Let me remind you Sunderland were bottom of the table and largely in disarray. We were the better team (not difficult really), we scraped to single goal win, where the result was in doubt until the final whistle. Yes we deserved to win, but under AVB we were always better away as teams felt obliged to attack us as they were at home in front of their own supporters. It was predominantly at home where teams came to defend that we were at our most turgid.

Hull, West Ham, Swansea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine ( first half).

I won't even mention the drubbings.

6-2 would have been a fair result against Sunderland. Again, players were missing chances that were easier to score.

The drubbings I give you. And Hull I give you. But every other game we've created chances and played good football. Whether or not it wasn't as good in the first half as the second is just the reality of Premier League football. Swansea wasn't a legendary performance but it certainly wasn't turgid.

Every game you can make some excuse as to why it doesn't count, but it simply isn't true that the football was awful week in week out.

Back