• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB Sacked page 224

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have the lunatic trigger happy Mike Ashley as chairman, we have the sound Daniel Levy .

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0 Sunderland 3
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0 Liverpool 6
Emirates Marketing Project 4 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0

What are you two on about ?:lol:

Seven year contract. ;)

Excuse, speculation, spin, forward extrapolation without any foundation etc etc and so on ad infinitum.

Lets see him BUILD his own system, implement it, stay for more than one season (where he never has so far in his career to date prior to us) to actually deliver it and then achieve success with his theories over the medium to long term.

Then, and only then, will we have some answers.

It's pretty clear that from what I have written there, it most likely happened. It comes from well connected sources close to him that had gotten everything else right. There's no excuses there.

I'd love to see him build his own system. Have you actually answered why he didn't deserve the 6 months minimum to integrate 7 new foreigners?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have the lunatic trigger happy Mike Ashley as chairman, we have the sound Daniel Levy .

Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0 Sunderland 3
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0 Liverpool 6
Emirates Marketing Project 4 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0

What are you two on about ?:lol:

I would love to see the arguments as to why Saudi Sportswashing Machine doesn't show that patience with lots of new foreigners can pay off. Note - no one is saying 'we are aspiring to be Saudi Sportswashing Machine' with the objectives that they have. The argument is, relative to their position in the football pyramid, they showed patience with their manager and are being rewarded for it now.

Didn't put the effort in to save his job...of course he put the effort in when he was actually doing it.

Nope I firmly he believe he didnt have the stomach after liverpool result........

he lost his job because he didnt fight.....'mutual consent' he agreed with Levy to leave'

On that Sunday night......he didnt put the effort in and save his job!!!!! and thats not sherwoods fault....or Levy's..... AVB was a lost soul again just like Chelsea.

Nope I firmly he believe he didnt have the stomach after liverpool result........

he lost his job because he didnt fight.....'mutual consent' he agreed with Levy to leave'

On that Sunday night......he didnt put the effort in and save his job!!!!! and thats not sherwoods fault....or Levy's..... AVB was a lost soul again just like Chelsea.

If he felt the club (e.g. Levy, Sherwood, the people on the board and close to Levy that thought he was a fraud) backed him he would have fought for his job, but in the lead up to that Liverpool match he'd had people telling him he should be playing Ade more, he'd had disagreements over his views on transfer strategy over the summer, disagreements on targets for the season, he'd been hearing the club were considering bringing in Hoddle as a stop gap once he was removed...in those circumstances he didn't want to fight for the job any more. Why would he? He can go and get a job somewhere he is appreciated. He doesn't have to deal with people in the club he is supposed be working for on a long term project being suspicious of his methods. He is respected in other countries much more than he is here.

It's not about him 'having the stomach' as if we are the biggest club he could work for and the pinnacle of his career - he wanted to go because he couldn't be arsed with the ****e we threw his way any more. I don't really blame him. We claim we wanted someone for the long term, but for the entirety of his reign we've had people in the club suspicious of him and his methods.

Tbh this argument is not going to be won here and now by anyone. mods can you lock this down until the end of the season and then lets revisit this when we know where we are.

I agree that the argument is not going to be won by anyone but disagree that the thread should be locked. If people stop being so bombastic, there's an interesting discussion to be had.

All conjecture.

AVB's post match press interview was all about putting in extra work to make things right.

More likely but conjecture again Levy insisted AVB started playing Adebayor because he is our highest paid player and if he doesn't, then he is sacked. AVB then told him the coach picks the team and if not , then sack the coach . .

To be honest I can see the Ade situation creating a lot of the unrest, because if he is being told by the suits to play Ade, his immediate response would be 'I wouldn't have to play him if you guys managed to strike a deal to get him out of the club'. Ultimately they decided they didn't want to take a financial hit in any deal that would see him leave, and so he remained here, so they are backing their decision and not seeing that to the coach, the financial hit is worth the benefits that come from him not being here any more.

It's pretty clear that from what I have written there, it most likely happened. It comes from well connected sources close to him that had gotten everything else right. There's no excuses there.

I'd love to see him build his own system. Have you actually answered why he didn't deserve the 6 months minimum to integrate 7 new foreigners?

I don't think he showed enough to deserve an extra six months. I thought the football was turgid with a capital T, I thought our forward movement showed no signs of any coaching whatsoever, I thought we not only lacked goals ( 10 in 16 PL games from open play) but got forward so pathetically slowly that we were so easy to defend against and I didn't feel that it was somehow miraculously all going to come together anytime soon.

I earlier gave my balance sheet on AVB and regretfully he was well into deficit in my view.

I would love to see the arguments as to why Saudi Sportswashing Machine doesn't show that patience with lots of new foreigners can pay off. Note - no one is saying 'we are aspiring to be Saudi Sportswashing Machine' with the objectives that they have. The argument is, relative to their position in the football pyramid, they showed patience with their manager and are being rewarded for it now.

Their football during the settling in period was turgid too. There were a lot of laughter at the running of their club pre-season with the appointment of Joe Kinnear ( I admit I laughed at that one too ) , some were laughing at Liverpool too.

Well from meeting up with mates past few days who are not Spurs supporters, all I can say is , they're all laughing at us now. We're seen as a joke club.

I don't think he showed enough to deserve an extra six months. I thought the football was turgid with a capital T, I thought our forward movement showed no signs of any coaching whatsoever, I thought we not only lacked goals ( 10 in 16 PL games from open play) but got forward so pathetically slowly that we were so easy to defend against and I didn't feel that it was somehow miraculously all going to come together anytime soon.

I earlier gave my balance sheet on AVB and regretfully he was well into deficit in my view.

But surely if the players are struggling to settle in, it will look bad in a fair few instances? The point of showing patience is you look beyond that. We looked good in a number of games (as I mentioned on the previous page) but if players are settling in, there will be bad moments. There will be rubbish games. There will be times where it doesn't come together. But the fact that we did play enough games where we did create chances and did play good football suggests to me it would have come good. We weren't trying to play Pulis era Stoke or Allardyce era Bolton, there were enough games which showed what it could be like when it clicked.

I had every faith we that we would have gotten more consistent in the second 6 months of the season...

...but why had Pardew shown enough to get an extra 6 months?

All conjecture.

AVB's post match press interview was all about putting in extra work to make things right.

More likely but conjecture again Levy insisted AVB started playing Adebayor because he is our highest paid player and if he doesn't, then he is sacked. AVB then told him the coach picks the team and if not , then sack the coach . .

conjecture :p like the supposed evidence of Sherwood influencing Levy to dispense with AVB.

AVB press confidence was not convincing for me...yep fair play he accepted responsibility for the poor result/peformance.

AVB sounded like a defeated broken man with no fight left........oh and in terms of Ade why cut off your nose to spite your face?????? sherwood proved in one game that Ade was an asset worth persevering with......at least till the duration of his contract........dont get me wrong I am not an ade fan....but by not utilising Ade AVB was weakening our push for a decent PL finish.....unforgivable in my opinion.

To be honest I can see the Ade situation creating a lot of the unrest, because if he is being told by the suits to play Ade, his immediate response would be 'I wouldn't have to play him if you guys managed to strike a deal to get him out of the club'. Ultimately they decided they didn't want to take a financial hit in any deal that would see him leave, and so he remained here, so they are backing their decision and not seeing that to the coach, the financial hit is worth the benefits that come from him not being here any more.

Let's say the manager were in charge of the comings and goings of the players to the club and he has to manage his own kitty. Maybe AVB would've taken a financial hit on Ade, after how their working relationship had broken down. Selling Ade on for next to nothing, just to get him away from the club rather than be feeling the pressure by the suits from upstairs to play him, would've been better for the manager and would also have had many more clubs in for Ade who otherwise would've been scared off by his high wages.

conjecture :p like the supposed evidence of Sherwood influencing Levy to dispense with AVB.

AVB press confidence was not convincing for me...yep fair play he accepted responsibility for the poor result/peformance.

AVB sounded like a defeated broken man with no fight left........oh and in terms of Ade why cut off your nose to spite your face?????? sherwood proved in one game that Ade was an asset worth persevering with......at least till the duration of his contract........dont get me wrong I am not an ade fan....but by not utilising Ade AVB was weakening our push for a decent PL finish.....unforgivable in my opinion.

It's pretty clear he did brief to Richard Keys that the players were unhappy with AVB. Duncan Castle's has also been confirming it recently. Do you think Sherwood was a positive or negative influence on AVB's time here? You'd have to stretch a fair bit to argue it was the former.

If he didn't want to play a player that frankly was pretty rubbish in his system the year before, who had already once took far longer away from the club that he was supposed to at the ACN, who he considered an incorrect personality type for the squad he wanted to build, then that's his perogative. There are benefits to not having Ade here, just like if it's a Sherwood/Harry system Ade can be very useful. But the moment AVB has to start listening to the suits telling him to play a certain player we've descended into joke club status where we aren't backing the manager - it's at that point I can understand him being seriously f*cked off.

they're all laughing at us now. We're seen as a joke club.

No doubt AVB is totally immune from any blame on that front??

We should all fail or suceed together!!!!

At least Pardew came out fighting during the bad times....admittetley he was using the europa league as a poor excuse in my opinion.

I think AVB was nearly as sucessful as Wenger at pulling the wool over supporters eyes....to the point where there are people on here that will pop up with new excuses for everyday as to why he was the mutts nuts......I thought AVB was all that but oh no boo hoo nasty people didnt back him over Ade.....Sherwood was telling tales.....

Bottom Line AVB could have shown MORE bravery and MORE courage in his team selections and with convincing Levy we were on the right track!! If he didnt want to convince Levy he was the right man for the job and things would come good then he was not 100% commited in my opinion.....And Levy was right to do what he did....on that score.

No doubt AVB is totally immune from any blame on that front??

We should all fail or suceed together!!!!

At least Pardew came out fighting during the bad times....admittetley he was using the europa league as a poor excuse in my opinion.

I think AVB was nearly as sucessful as Wenger at pulling the wool over supporters eyes....to the point where there are people on here that will pop up with new excuses for everyday as to why he was the mutts nuts......I thought AVB was all that but oh no boo hoo nasty people didnt back him over Ade.....Sherwood was telling tales.....

Bottom Line AVB could have shown MORE bravery and MORE courage in his team selections and with convincing Levy we were on the right track!! If he didnt want to convince Levy he was the right man for the job and things would come good then he was not 100% commited in my opinion.....And Levy was right to do what he did....on that score.

Why should AVB have to start picking the team and tactics to please the suits? He is the Head Coach, he is employed to make those decisions. If he isn't given that backing it's completely fair that he doesn't want to stay at the club. No-one is saying 'Oh boo hoo poor AVB', simply that he doesn't need to put up with the kind of stuff the club was throwing his way, and he could go somewhere else where he is wanted and appreciated. It's his prerogative. We are not and won't be the pinnacle of AVB's career.

Hasn't Wenger mostly been proved right? Everytime he has said 'don't panic', they have mostly roared back with a ridiculous run at the end of the season and everything has been ok in the end.

It's pretty clear he did brief to Richard Keys that the players were unhappy with AVB. Duncan Castle's has also been confirming it recently. Do you think Sherwood was a positive or negative influence on AVB's time here? You'd have to stretch a fair bit to argue it was the former.

If he didn't want to play a player that frankly was pretty rubbish in his system the year before, who had already once took far longer away from the club that he was supposed to at the ACN, who he considered an incorrect personality type for the squad he wanted to build, then that's his perogative. There are benefits to not having Ade here, just like if it's a Sherwood/Harry system Ade can be very useful. But the moment AVB has to start listening to the suits telling him to play a certain player we've descended into joke club status where we aren't backing the manager - it's at that point I can understand him being seriously f*cked off.

well, Defoe was rubbish too, as was Soldado.......Ade, Soldado and Defoe all failing to score regularly in AVB's way of playing. :-k

It's pretty clear he did brief to Richard Keys that the players were unhappy with AVB. Duncan Castle's has also been confirming it recently. Do you think Sherwood was a positive or negative influence on AVB's time here?

Dealing with these in line.

It's not clear at all. Keys withdrew the tweet. That could be because of pressure from Sherwood or it could be because he got it wrong. You pays your money and takes your choice but no one can be certain.

I haven't seen Castles confirm anything, I'd be interested in seeing a link to that.

Impossible to tell unless you have behind the scenes info.

But surely if the players are struggling to settle in, it will look bad in a fair few instances? The point of showing patience is you look beyond that. We looked good in a number of games (as I mentioned on the previous page) but if players are settling in, there will be bad moments. There will be rubbish games. There will be times where it doesn't come together. But the fact that we did play enough games where we did create chances and did play good football suggests to me it would have come good. We weren't trying to play Pulis era Stoke or Allardyce era Bolton, there were enough games which showed what it could be like when it clicked.

I had every faith we that we would have gotten more consistent in the second 6 months of the season...

...but why had Pardew shown enough to get an extra 6 months?

And equally, I didn't. I tried hard to understand what you saw in games, I really did. But I am afraid I just couldn't see it.

Which ones of our seven new signings do you think showed significant promise in the first part of the season .. And which do you think AVB was carefully nurturing to explode into top gear in the second half to deliver your faith that we would succeed?

Plus, after 18 months, can you pick AVB's preferred first team and formation?

Last edited:
Back