• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

AVB looks like a broken man :(

There is a mix of sadness and cynicism in his recent interviews that wasn't there last season.

How did you expect him to react to this situation?

He looks determined to me, just like he did last season. Sick and tired of the Bale saga, let down, disappointed perhaps, but far from broken.

He just looks quite annoyed and pretty tired of answering questions about Bale leaving. Once it's all done, the transfer window is over and he's answered the "how do you think you will do without Bale" questions for a week then he will be fine.

I think I'd look like that if I had been asked about Bale leaving every other day for the past 2 months.

Once he's gone and he can focus on just football, he'll be fine again.

I am actually amazed that AVB is talking about the Bale move at all!
He repeated he was upset about Ancelloti's quotes but seems quite sanguine about everything else.
Very mature for his age and let's face it he is likely to end up at RM himself in the future so he is not gonna start burning bridges.

Yes, but it's not an issue of how many players we've signed, it's a matter of loyalty and his personal relationship with Bale. Perhaps the 'broken man' is the wrong term, I'll say bitterly disappointed.

Perhaps I've got it wrong, but what I saw in him was a very calculated attempt to remain as passive as possible, but beneath it all he's bristling...I also caught, several times, the word 'if' this deal goes through...would be hilarious if he has sent a mixed message out there...look, deep down I know he's gone but it would be funny, right?

Perhaps I've got it wrong, but what I saw in him was a very calculated attempt to remain as passive as possible, but beneath it all he's bristling...I also caught, several times, the word 'if' this deal goes through...would be hilarious if he has sent a mixed message out there...look, deep down I know he's gone but it would be funny, right?

The intention is there for all parties, but deals fall through all the time.

It's one of the interesting things about our buying this summer, we are not "spending Bale money" because it would be too risky. Maybe the club may feel better after that money, but obviously we are prepared to spend regardless of final outcome.

The intention is there for all parties, but deals fall through all the time.

It's one of the interesting things about our buying this summer, we are not "spending Bale money" because it would be too risky. Maybe the club may feel better after that money, but obviously we are prepared to spend regardless of final outcome.

Thanks to Lewis, that is a fact...

AVB looks like a broken man :(

[video=youtube;qxtKuQydsw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxtKuQydsw8[/video]

There is a mix of sadness and cynicism in his recent interviews that wasn't there last season.

smile at 1:50 didn't look cynical to me. i think he really had a personal relationship with bale and there's some feelings there as well.

more than i think he simpley looks exhuasted from a lack of sleep - and that I can understand with the travelling, impending new signings.

its very clear by the way he keeps repeating that this is the "biggest transfer in world football" indicating that the price has already been confirmed.

Yes, but it's not an issue of how many players we've signed, it's a matter of loyalty and his personal relationship with Bale. Perhaps the 'broken man' is the wrong term, I'll say bitterly disappointed.

bored is more like it, yep he has lost bale but weve gained an almost entire quality quality team out of the sale

I know when I was at work I had a particular project I was working on along with my regular job and everyone I met asked me about it, it drove me crazy, it was like anything else I did counted for nothing. I have real sympathy for him.

I know when I was at work I had a particular project I was working on along with my regular job and everyone I met asked me about it, it drove me crazy, it was like anything else I did counted for nothing. I have real sympathy for him.

Thanks for that insight. I think we can safely say AVB will sleep well on Tuesday night.

Not exactly a potential banana skin but a big round of applause from me for AVB and his selections tonight.

I was incredibly struck in his post match interview how well AVB looked, how relaxed he seemed and how much more likeable he is now compared to when he first arrived in England. I get the sense he really feels he's on top of things now, has the squad he wants, has his formations settled in his head, senses harmony in the dressing room etc.

I suppose there are two ways to respond to that. One: good for him! Two: Ok Wonder Boy, you've got the reputation and you've been given the tools - now let's see the bacon being brought home.

I was incredibly struck in his post match interview how well AVB looked, how relaxed he seemed and how much more likeable he is now compared to when he first arrived in England. I get the sense he really feels he's on top of things now, has the squad he wants, has his formations settled in his head, senses harmony in the dressing room etc.

I suppose there are two ways to respond to that. One: good for him! Two: Ok Wonder Boy, you've got the reputation and you've been given the tools - now let's see the bacon being brought home.

Oink!

Nice post.

I agree. A lot of that can be down to the cultural differences. Portuguese can be very abrupt and it comes across as rude, but in facts its just the way they talk to each other. But when directly translated into another culture it can come across totally wrong. So i think he is getting used to how we do things here in blighty, and also its the first time he has been in a second season with a team so he is getting more relaxed.

Lets be honest, this is pre season/transfer window is revolution not evolution............

i've got everything crossed for the man, he's a decent guy with an intense relationship with the game. If this works out we have the chance to really settle in with a manager for the long haul.

Last season there were still people doubting him, Spurs fans including me were amongst these people. Some questioned why Levy sacked Arry. But those days are long gone and I think it's fair to say AVB has proved people wrong who doubted him, it will certainly help having a more unified atmosphere at the lane this season than it was in the early stages of last season.

300813154508.png

Last edited:

300813152457.png

300813153004.png

some players in the wrong positions, couldnt be arsed to edit it again. formation slightly out

I also havent included Eriksen.

Last edited:
Back