• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

The "brand democracy" of the US is at stake mate, I know you know but it bears repeating. If this is disrupted then the "brand democracy" is dead...
Yeah, I hear you but I think the hit to the 'brand democracy' as you put it would be small and temporary if the inauguration was more secure. The event would be forgotten about in a few news cycles whereas an actual attack on the inauguration would be seen as some sort of victory in the festering minds of the qanon cult. The visuals of the capitol and the surroundings now turned into military camp is already a bigger cost to brand democracy in a lot of ways. Images like those in this WaPo article here are PR gold for those who push an anti-democracy message.

Anyway, it is a done deal now so lets hope it goes off smoothly.

Yeah, I hear you but I think the hit to the 'brand democracy' as you put it would be small and temporary if the inauguration was more secure. The event would be forgotten about in a few news cycles whereas an actual attack on the inauguration would be seen as some sort of victory in the festering minds of the qanon cult. The visuals of the capitol and the surroundings now turned into military camp is already a bigger cost to brand democracy in a lot of ways. Images like those in this WaPo article here are PR gold for those who push an anti-democracy message.

Anyway, it is a done deal now so lets hope it goes off smoothly.

A fair point, but sadly I think displays of might and force are the ticket :-(

Starter for one...whose previous "levels of advice" to Trump would fit the scenario of the 6th? Clue; nearly rhymes with "Gammon"...

Steve Breitbart Bannon?

Hard to imagine he's not in there with this psychotic mitts grubbing all over this. In other news, the crook in chief is lining up over a 100 pardons on Tuesday. he just pardoned a health care fraudster from Floriduh. Ho-hum, could you pass the peas please...

Hard to imagine he's not in there with this psychotic mitts grubbing all over this. In other news, the crook in chief is lining up over a 100 pardons on Tuesday. he just pardoned a health care fraudster from Floriduh. Ho-hum, could you pass the peas please...

Disgusting and a clear sign of an out of date political system. The US constitution should be ripped up and started again. Stick the second amendment up their redneck asses.

Oh he's involved, of that I'm certain. There have been reports he's been back for a while in the (ever-shrinking) inner circle of confidants, or maybe he never truly left. I have no doubt he is also on the pardon list too.

55 hours to inauguration. The amount of fudgery he can still manage to do is scary.

Does it have any remaining powers in the period after the inauguration or is it a clear cut off and he's done, back to the golf course forever?

55 hours to inauguration. The amount of fudgery he can still manage to do is scary.
I think launching a war of distraction, or the threat of dropping nukes has been removed. That was a big worry IMO. This is no take-backsies fudgery which seems to have been avoided thankfully.

The pardon fudgery past and future, which although is a misuse of presidential power and galling to anyone who believes in justice, is a lesser evil and will play out in the courts over the coming year, especially if he tries to pardon himself.

The rush of toxic environmental rollbacks he has been engaged in will be undone. The infamous Keystone pipeline will be nixed on day one. Anything pushed through by Trump in the last 60 days can be nullified overnight with the stroke of a pen (using the Congressional Review Act). One lesson learned by the incoming Biden admin is that flooding the zone works. There will be a deluge of EO's in the first few days - too much for the media to keep up with - in true Trumpian fashion.

Some stuff can be dealt with quickly but the longer-lasting fallout of this presidency will be the division of America itself. The rise of qanon and white power terrorism is not something easily remedied.

Last edited:
Back