• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Well he was doing the turkeys earlier so a job lot I guess.

This one, according to legal twitter, may be open to challenge.

I don't know the details of it, obviously, but this practice where one person can override an entire country's legal system at will, is utterly absurd. It's asking for corruption, not least when the sitting president is a lying, narcissistic orange with numerous closets full of skeletons.

I don't know the details of it, obviously, but this practice where one person can override an entire country's legal system at will, is utterly absurd. It's asking for corruption, not least when the sitting president is a lying, narcissistic orange with numerous closets full of skeletons.
The law was created with very good reasons.

The Constitution was drawn up in the shadow of a civil war. Half the population had been committing crimes against the country, but if there was going to be any kind of peace, something other than the judicial system was required to avoid prosecuting people for simply being on the losing side of a war.

Most presidents have abused this power since though. Trump will, I'm sure, have an extensive list of dubious characters he will be pardoning in the next couple of months but he won't be the first.

Last edited:
The law was created with very good reasons.

The Constitution was drawn up in the shadow of a civil war. Half the country has been committing crimes against the country, but if there was going to be any kind of peace, something other than the judicial system was required to avoid prosecuting people for simply being on the losing side of a war.

Most presidents have abused this power since though. Trump will, I'm sure, have an extensive list of dubious characters he will be pardoning in the next couple of months but he won't be the first.

That sounds like a both reasonable and sensible argument to establish this practice. But this was 250 years ago, and you'd think with numerous presidents abusing this power that maybe it would be equally sensible to take this right away from the president - or at the very least give the US Senate/Congress some say in the matter.

I personally think it should be abolished completely. Maybe we'll se some kind of change when the mango madman is done with his list of pardons - I have no doubt he will abuse this power in a way no other president before him have thought about.

That sounds like a both reasonable and sensible argument to establish this practice. But this was 250 years ago, and you'd think with numerous presidents abusing this power that maybe it would be equally sensible to take this right away from the president - or at the very least give the US Senate/Congress some say in the matter.

I personally think it should be abolished completely. Maybe we'll se some kind of change when the mango madman is done with his list of pardons - I have no doubt he will abuse this power in a way no other president before him have thought about.

Saw this last night

FT_20.11.20_TrumpClemencyRecord_1.png

That's surprising, I have to say. Doesn’t change my views on it, but I was expecting more from the mad mango. Lets see how much pardoning he can fit in i between golfing and lawsuiting until January 20th.
my take also
Barack looks like he's had some fun!

That's surprising, I have to say. Doesn’t change my views on it, but I was expecting more from the mad mango. Lets see how much pardoning he can fit in i between golfing and lawsuiting until January 20th.
I don't find it surprising. The orange comb over is a mega narcissist that only thinks about himself. He's incapable of viewing things from another perspective or feel compassion. He also hates losing/losers, and you have to have done something wrong to be pardoned.
Effectively the only ones that will receive pardon are because it will benefit himself.

Back