• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Allen Carr's stop smoking book

Haven't read it myself. Mate of mine went on his hypnosis therapy course and has not smoked since 2008.

Worked for the GF - ive been using a vaporizer since September and haven't touched a *** since October (cigerettes either ;) ) would recommend this route for sure - you can start off on a high nicotine level and gradually ween yourself down and eventually drop it all together.

Just don't smoke any more.

This is what I did. I had a couple of trial runs of not smoking for a day and once I proved to myself that I could do it, I just stopped.

I found that it helped to think about how little I got out of smoking. It is a rubbish addiction to have because you get nothing out of it other than not wanting a cigarette for a while. I did not think that was worth the hundreds of pounds a month that it cost me.

Just don't smoke any more.

This is what I did. I had a couple of trial runs of not smoking for a day and once I proved to myself that I could do it, I just stopped.

I found that it helped to think about how little I got out of smoking. It is a rubbish addiction to have because you get nothing out of it other than not wanting a cigarette for a while. I did not think that was worth the hundreds of pounds a month that it cost me.

I did this also and it worked to a point. I managed to get through about 6 months and I was convinced I had the filthy habit well and truly conquered. Alas the urge suddenly hit me again one day and now I'm back to square one.

I have considered Champix but have been told the side effects can be pretty unpleasant.

I did this also and it worked to a point. I managed to get through about 6 months and I was convinced I had the filthy habit well and truly conquered. Alas the urge suddenly hit me again one day and now I'm back to square one.

I have considered Champix but have been told the side effects can be pretty unpleasant.
Meh. Mental dreams was about it for me.

If you read the list of possible side effects it's pretty bad, but I don't think much work's been done to separate them from the side effects of breaking an addiction (mood swings, depression, morning sickness, etc) .

I've only ever heard people say that reading this has worked for them. Gave up for the second time at the beginning of October (the first time being 1998-2003) had one cig since when drunk and been drunk plenty of times since!! Both times just gave up...second time I'd been saying I wanted to give up again for 10 years...

Champix all day long. I stopped a thirty year 40 a day habit 8 years ago this March. Took me three weeks on Champix never looked back

Reactions: Rob
Meh. Mental dreams was about it for me.

If you read the list of possible side effects it's pretty bad, but I don't think much work's been done to separate them from the side effects of breaking an addiction (mood swings, depression, morning sickness, etc) .

Cheers Scara. Think I'll give the book a go first. If that doesn't work ....well...it's either quit trying to quit or time to try something a little more drastic.

Back