• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All or Nothing - spoilers

I don’t think we lacked passers nor creativity - we ended up with 86pts at the peak of our powers in 2016/2017! The difference between us and taking that next step was not the lack of quality, more for the lacking in meteorology IMO. That’s not to say we hadn’t made MASSIVE strides in this department from what Poch inherited, but it just wasn’t enough to get us over the line unfortunately.
I was mainly talking about 2015/16 when we we fell short mainly due to a lack of creativity and options. those faults still applied the following year but less so. We will disagree as I said this at the time as it was one of my criticisms of Poch's sides. Mentality is great but you need the quality to go with it otherwise if you lack quality you end up with Sissoko.

I don’t think we lacked passers nor creativity - we ended up with 86pts at the peak of our powers in 2016/2017! The difference between us and taking that next step was not the lack of quality, more for the lacking in meteorology IMO. That’s not to say we hadn’t made MASSIVE strides in this department from what Poch inherited, but it just wasn’t enough to get us over the line unfortunately.

Is bang on on the money, said it on here at the time and was told that i was wrong. The team we had for those few years should have picked up trophys but we always blew it in the crunch.

Is bang on on the money, said it on here at the time and was told that i was wrong. The team we had for those few years should have picked up trophys but we always blew it in the crunch.
Well it’s just my opinion. People are entitled to feel differently. And a point we all often overlook is that each season exists on its own and we may have suffered for different reasons in different seasons.

Not to say there wasn’t some overlap, but the Leicester and Chelsea seasons felt very different to me and the reasons for not clinching some silverware didn’t feel uniformally the same.

But for me, mentality was the biggest barrier to success over that four year period, but at the same time is the most intangible to measure. So I get why others suggest other reasons that are perhaps easier to quantify ie lack of signings / alternatives.

We couldn't catch Leicester because they won every week and we couldn't beat them ourselves.

Anyway, all this has been done to death. Back to the TV Show.

I was surprised to see Mourinho kissing a crucifix every few minutes and kneeling on the floor to pray to one of the Gods for a win. I thought he was more pragmatic / logical than that.

We couldn't catch Leicester because they won every week and we couldn't beat them ourselves.

I was surprised to see Mourinho kissing a crucifix every few minutes and kneeling on the floor to pray to one of the Gods for a win. I thought he was more pragmatic / logical than that.
Habit NPI

You've not been bought up as a catholic then mate, gets drilled into you until you leave school.

Good is being narky and not being caught! We were naive in the way we were aggressive and it often backfired while the opposition seemed to enjoy seeing us losing it. I am sure we will start to see us do "better" in this area with Jose.
We were pretty narky during that period, constantly near the wrong end of the PL discipline table. Maybe the spend on players was a bigger factor than how nasty we were and that this is just a narrative for an entertaining TV programme with a charasmatic lead.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Certainly is out of kilter with everything else about his character.

He's a pretty strong Catholic.
A lot of sportsmen of faith wouldn''t necessarily pray for a win, just that they would carry themselves in an honourable manner.

I think it’s brilliant viewing
Nice to see the human side to the robots we see on the pitch
Serge comes across as a top bloke and one that you can see is liked
Jose shows that he is human too (wow, who would have thought it)
Kane shows a lot of leadership and that of a player who has the highest expectations
Levy is in awe of Jose it seems
And the Dutch lads clearly love each other

Back