• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alexandre Lacazette

He's an inch shorter according to the sites I've looked at? He made his name as the focal point of Lyons attack over several seasons and has played and performed well doing so in European competition - besides I think Berahino is more than physical enough to lead our line...
5 foot 9" compared to Berahino's 5 foot 11".

Kane doesn't lead the line or act as a focal point anyway. Movement is far more important than size.
My opinion differs from you here.... Just because we don't play a lot of high balls it doesn't mean that Kane doesn't lead the line. I feel that quite a lot of our attacking play involves passes into Kane, who has to hold off the defender behind him, control the ball and then bring our attacking midfielders into play. A lot of the work that Kane does is with his back to goal. I think any striker that we bring in has to be able to play with his back to goal. I'm not saying that Lacazette cannot do this, I haven't really ever properly watched him to have an opinion of this. My point is more that some people on here do not want Berahino because they feel he is not physical enough but would like Lacazette despite him being shorter and lighter.

Where? I'm seeing 179 v 176 (cm)
175cm compared to 180cm on Wikipedia. Although I guess it might be a leap of faith from me in assuming that is correct.

I know somebody who gets a bit of info on the West Ham side of things....

Apparently the amount that West Ham bid for Lacazette was acceptable to Lyon but the payment structure was nowhere near acceptable. The wage that West Ham were offering the player was also acceptable to the player's agent. However Lacazette turned them down before negotiations could move on further between West Ham and Lyon.

I guess Lacazette isn't going to graciously accept a quick move from a big club in France like Lyon to go to a club who aren't perceived as being a 'Champions League' club. The player knows that bigger clubs in England, Spain, Germany and Italy can offer comparable wages to West Ham and therefore he might as well sit tight and see what other offers come in. If it got late in the window and the only transfer fee offer acceptable to Lyon came from West Ham then I would assume the player might change his mind and agree to a move to that club, as let's face it, when presented the options of either staying put or moving to double or treble his wage, the latter option will always be chosen.

Whenever I hear about payment structures it reminds me of Leeds and Portsmouth etc. Going all out to bring in big wage, star players on instalment deals only to realise in a year or so that they can't get rid of them to anyone.

We also went through that stage, it's so nice to sit back with our current squad knowing we don't have a large number of high paid outcasts to get rid of anymore

Whenever I hear about payment structures it reminds me of Leeds and Portsmouth etc. Going all out to bring in big wage, star players on instalment deals only to realise in a year or so that they can't get rid of them to anyone.

We also went through that stage, it's so nice to sit back with our current squad knowing we don't have a large number of high paid outcasts to get rid of anymore
Pretty much every single transfer in football is paid in installments (well all transfers with sizeable transfer fees anyway). Typically transfer fees used to be paid around half up front with the rest split equally and spread over the next 2 or 3 years. Having to pay a large transfer fee as an up-front, one-off sum would result in most clubs having to arrange specific credit from their bankers, especially when you factor in the fact that the club will be receiving the money in installments from clubs that they have sold to. For example I would imagine that as of the start of this summer we are probably still owed between £20 and £40 million for Gareth Bale.

Pretty much every single transfer in football is paid in installments (well all transfers with sizeable transfer fees anyway). Typically transfer fees used to be paid around half up front with the rest split equally and spread over the next 2 or 3 years. Having to pay a large transfer fee as an up-front, one-off sum would result in most clubs having to arrange specific credit from their bankers, especially when you factor in the fact that the club will be receiving the money in installments from clubs that they have sold to. For example I would imagine that as of the start of this summer we are probably still owed between £20 and £40 million for Gareth Bale.
Let's get him back and call it quits.

£20.2 million remaining to be paid by 24 July

Imagine if it was true that we are close to getting this guy?
I know from reading some of their forums that Gooners are very scared of that prospect and what that would show about our ambition; they would have kittens and only buying a striker of the level/profile of Benzema would calm them down...interesting to see what happens, though the fact that only West Ham have so far put in a bid suggests that after recent years of prolific goalscoring many of the top tier/CL clubs think this guy is a bit overrated.
Time will tell..

Imagine if it was true that we are close to getting this guy?
I know from reading some of their forums that Gooners are very scared of that prospect and what that would show about our ambition; they would have kittens and only buying a striker of the level/profile of Benzema would calm them down...interesting to see what happens, though the fact that only West Ham have so far put in a bid suggests that after recent years of prolific goalscoring many of the top tier/CL clubs think this guy is a bit overrated.
Time will tell..
I worry that he would be a bit of a Soldado in England. He seems to be one of those strikers that is a 7 out of 10 in just about everything as opposed to having any attributes that are a 9 or 10 out of 10.

I worry that he would be a bit of a Soldado in England. He seems to be one of those strikers that is a 7 out of 10 in just about everything as opposed to having any attributes that are a 9 or 10 out of 10.

Dont know much about him to be honest. Only seen him a couple of times, but i thought he was very fast and quite strong for his size.

Back