• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Song

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelto

Andy Sinton
We've only got your Song..

maybe...

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal.../report-everton-spurs-target-song_152056.html

Report: Everton, Tottenham Hotspur target Alex Song

By Shane Callaghan, Reporter
Filed: Sunday, April 27, 2014 at 07:45 UK
Last Updated: Sunday, April 27, 2014 at 11:32 UK

Everton and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly on high alert as Barcelona midfielder Alex Song plots a move back to the Premier League this summer.

The Cameroon international has struggled to make an impact in Catalunya since sealing a £15m switch to Camp Nou in 2012 and, according to The Mirror, the former Arsenal man is keen on a return to England.

Song, 26, has a year to run on his existing deal with the reigning La Liga champions and the Toffees are said to be among those exploring the possibility of swooping for the African ace.

However, the report goes on to state that the midfielder seeks a return to London, alerting the likes of Spurs and West Ham United over his proposed availability.

Song has started 12 Liga games for the Catalan giants so far this season.

Re: We've only got your Song..

Now that is a player we could do with. Regardless of the fact he used to be a gooner, him in a midfield containing Eriksen + 1 other would be immense.

Song-Sandro-Eriksen....................tasty.

with Holtby-Capoue-Siggy as back up

and Bentaleb as extra cover.

Has he even played these last two years? The Song that left the goons would be a massive signing for us, no idea about his current level though. Anyone payed any attention to him lately?

I think that we don't need another defensive midfielder, especially if none of out current players in that position will leave this summer.

Nope, not at all

Absolutely hate having former Arsenal players at Spurs

Nope, not at all

Absolutely hate having former Arsenal players at Spurs

Swings and roundabouts for me.

Yes, there are some former Arsenal players that I don't like to think of wearing a Spurs shirt. But at the same time seeing one of your own former players succeed elsewhere is always a bit painful too. Imagine us succeeding with Song in our side, I think it would hurt Arsenal fans a lot more than it would us...

Isn't he a player with a rather poor injury record?

25, 30 and 34 league starts respectively in his last 3 seasons at Arsenal. Dropped a ton while at Barca of course, but not sure if that's been due to injuries or just him being not good enough.

Rumours picking up a lot of pace now. Ranging from paying £8-10m to taking him on loan.

The most famous thing he's done in the last two years has been elbowing Mandzukic at the World Cup, but before joining Barcelona and spending most of his time playing in defence, he was a really good player for Arsenal. There is a reason why a Barca side that was the dominant force in Europe at the time moved for him in the first place, as he had some really good attacking qualities for a defensive midfielder.

Signing him would seriously **** off the scum, who will no doubt claim he is one of their rejects and that he's not as good as Flamini. But as a loan deal or for under £10m, compared with £25+m for Schneiderlin, this one seems attractive to me...

Rumours picking up a lot of pace now. Ranging from paying £8-10m to taking him on loan.

The most famous thing he's done in the last two years has been elbowing Mandzukic at the World Cup, but before joining Barcelona and spending most of his time playing in defence, he was a really good player for Arsenal. There is a reason why a Barca side that was the dominant force in Europe at the time moved for him in the first place, as he had some really good attacking qualities for a defensive midfielder.
Signing him would seriously **** off the scum, who will no doubt claim he is one of their rejects and that he's not as good as Flamini. But as a loan deal or for under £10m, compared with £25+m for Schneiderlin, this one seems attractive to me...

I would have him over MS all day long for that kind of money. He is a proper ball playing DM.

I remember those passes for RVP in their last season together at the ****, sublime. A real top player and I believe he is very close to Adebayor off the field.

Thats a coincidence as I just had a Spammer fan going around the office saying his 'source' thinks West Ham are in for him...

He was top class that final season he had with Arsenal.
He ran that midfield. I remember he had a ridiculously good through balls stat.

I can't imagine that he's anything other than a back up option in the event that we fail to sign Schneiderlin.

I would have him over MS all day long for that kind of money. He is a proper ball playing DM.

Is he that good on the ball? Not doubting you however I always viewed him as more defensive than being decent with the ball. If so then shipping Sandro out for say £15m and signing Song for £8m - £10m is a no-brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back