• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Pritchard

I wonder if we'll bring him back as Eriksen's understudy if we get rid of Paulinho

I'd leave him there. He's getting game time, performing well and so is the team around him. If we were to recall a loanee in that situation I'd suggest Tom Carroll is a better option.

I heard that Alex will be signing a perm deal elsewhere eventually, in the region of 2m

I hope that is not true. Out of the players we have sent on loan in recent years he has done really well at Brentford and I hope he will get a chance in the team.

Interviewer clearly tries to soften him up with 'you've become a firm favourite with the fans' in the hope he'll open up about his future

But he comes back very guarded with "I'm here to the end of the season and that's all I'm going to say."

Hopefully because he doesn't want to alienate the Brentford fans by talking about any ambition to come back to Tottenham and compete for a place in our starting eleven. But maybe also because he's open to all offers and would be prepared to settle for a lower PL side where he thinks his prospects of regular first team football are better.

Whatever, I just hope our coaches and advisors are making all the right noises about his prospects with us in the future.

I'd leave him there. He's getting game time, performing well and so is the team around him. If we were to recall a loanee in that situation I'd suggest Tom Carroll is a better option.

We can't recall Carroll though

Reports seem to suggest Pritchard is the much more promising prospect, though I know he is younger and therefore possibly less ready

We can't recall Carroll though

Reports seem to suggest Pritchard is the much more promising prospect, though I know he is younger and therefore possibly less ready

Ah can we not? Didn't realise that mate. Personally I'd leave them both where they are anyway - Onomah is here and may start to get a bit more game time, albeit he's not as far progressed as the other two. We're hardly struggling in that position even if you remove Pauline from the equation.

As has been discussed before Carroll can return to us in the window should Swansea agree to cancel the loan.

I heard that Alex will be signing a perm deal elsewhere eventually, in the region of 2m

That would be strange, IMO. At just 21, he's a homegrown lad who is the key attacking midfielder in one of the best teams in the Championship, who also plays the style we do. Especially as we don't have a real like for like replacement for Eriksen, I'd be really disappointed if we sold him before ever seeing him in the side, especially for just 2m. I feel like it would make a whole lot more sense to tie him down to a solid contract and give him next season to kind of try to break into our team. At 21, he's not massively young, but neither was Ryan Mason or Townsend when he really broke through (maybe he was 20).

That would be strange, IMO. At just 21, he's a homegrown lad who is the key attacking midfielder in one of the best teams in the Championship, who also plays the style we do. Especially as we don't have a real like for like replacement for Eriksen, I'd be really disappointed if we sold him before ever seeing him in the side, especially for just 2m. I feel like it would make a whole lot more sense to tie him down to a solid contract and give him next season to kind of try to break into our team. At 21, he's not massively young, but neither was Ryan Mason or Townsend when he really broke through (maybe he was 20).

Yeh I agree with the sentiment but its just what I heard, he is from around my neck of the woods, Orsett lad.

I've heard he's been playing well this season, but I haven't watched any games so couldn't give much insight. Heard a podcast this week where they were talking about his importance to the team

Back