• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alen Halilovic

I saw this on the BBC sports feed http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/25427054

Tottenham made a £10.9m bid for 17-year-old Dinamo Zagreb playmaker Alen Halilovic during the summer, but the player's reluctance to make the mover scuppered any possible deal report Inside Futbol.

"I have the original contracts between Dinamo and Tottenham where the club would have received €13m, and the player €6m, but he was not ready for that step," Dinamo executive director Zdravko Mamic said.

€19m all told.

I'm sure we'd like to buy him but would his dad let him come here at the moment? Plus I thought we had to wait until he was 18 (Alen, that is; not his dad) which means we can't move until the summer?

I'm sure we'd like to buy him but would his dad let him come here at the moment? Plus I thought we had to wait until he was 18 (Alen, that is; not his dad) which means we can't move until the summer?

Not that I know the rules but we do have Veljkovic and Gomelt at the club so I'm guessing it should be possible.

Not that I know the rules but we do have Veljkovic and Gomelt at the club so I'm guessing it should be possible.

Was mentioned that he couldn't move until he's 18 unless one of his parents also moves and gets a permanent job in England or something to that effect. There might also be new regulations in place since we signed Veljkovic and Gomelt. And there might also be different rules in place for a player with a professional contract in his native nation and one without a professional contract or a professional contract abroad already. Not quite sure if any of those were the case with the players you mentioned, but the reports about Halilovic not being able to move until he was 18 was reported by reputable sources at the time iirc.

If he is the creative player its reported he is. Then him coming over and getting in the side may not be so wide of the mark now.

Spurs gazumped! Bayern Munich sign Croatian wunderkid Alen Halilović (but do they need another midfielder?!)

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013

Dinamo Zagreb president Mirko Barisic has revealed his club and Real Madrid are holding talks over a move for Croatian 17-year-old Alen Halilovic.

Barisic explained they have been contacted by Real, Borussia Dortmund and Barcelona among others, as reported by Croatian website Sportske.

“We’re holding talks with Borussia, Real Madrid and Barcelona as well as other clubs, but there’s no official offer yet. We’ll see in January; for now it’s all rumours,” Barisic stated.

http://www.realmadridnews.com/real-madrid-hold-talks-dinamo-zagreb-wonder-kid-alen-halilovic/

According to @TreBell8 (no idea on reliability), the father is chucking spanners in the works again, demanding that his younger son (Academy age) must be included in any deal and that he (the dad) be given a training role as well. I seem to remember similar suggestions were made in the summer. Further claims that we are now more interested in Kovačić at Inter, and that, if they get Mata, he would be surplus to requirements. Suggestion is we could then get him in a deal that included Lamela going the other way.

Last edited:
Who is Kovacic then and is he worth the £30m we paid for Lamela?

I like the look of Lamela and think with time and games he will be a star - would far prefer to keep him then waste another season for someone else to settle in. Given a run of games now Lamela could start off next season on fire.

Who is Kovacic then and is he worth the £30m we paid for Lamela?

I like the look of Lamela and think with time and games he will be a star - would far prefer to keep him then waste another season for someone else to settle in. Given a run of games now Lamela could start off next season on fire.

Kovacic is a very highly rated attacking midfielder, been named "the new Modric" I think. Inter paid €15m for him according to Wikipedia, if there was to be a part swap deal I'm sure they would end up paying us a solid chunk of extra money.

I don't think we'll sell Lamela though.

We'll probably see plenty of Halilovic talk this window, seems to be a lot of people interested in talking up a deal.

Not if his dad keeps this up.

if he's the new modric then why would mata coming make him surplus to requirements? One plays deep and one plays in the hole. Both in the same team would be devastating.

id love us to sign mata if he was available. We tried last time and hopefully he might be pals with soldado. Not sure how he would fit into the squad but too classy a player to turn down if he was willing to come and Chelsea would sell to us. Its probably a no to both parts of that question.

Not if his dad keeps this up.

if he's the new modric then why would mata coming make him surplus to requirements? One plays deep and one plays in the hole. Both in the same team would be devastating.

id love us to sign mata if he was available. We tried last time and hopefully he might be pals with soldado. Not sure how he would fit into the squad but too classy a player to turn down if he was willing to come and Chelsea would sell to us. Its probably a no to both parts of that question.

Just media speculation obviously. Kovacic is very young and Modric didn't always play deep.

Back