• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alen Halilovic

Nothing new to report at the moment. Mamić is to have further discussions with the player and his father next week, supposedly.

Aleksandar Holiga ‏@AlexHoliga

Dinamo have accepted the offer, now apparently Halilovic family have too - or so say the paper, and I tend to believe the report.

What would our plans be with this boy? Straight in the first team or?

Always a gamble to buy these young players, would much rather some proven quality for the amount of money this boy would cost.

What would our plans be with this boy? Straight in the first team or?

Always a gamble to buy these young players, would much rather some proven quality for the amount of money this boy would cost.

We can't register him till next summer anyway IIRC (as he is a non-EU minor or something), so season loan back to Dinamo.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/201...campaign=Feed:+offthepost/TLAa+(Off+The+Post)

Croatian news website Jutarnji List reports that a £12.8m deal is now within sight after personal terms were agreed.

The player’s father Saed is said to have signed off on a deal on Friday that will see Halilovic join Spurs but immediately return to Dinamo on loan until he turns 18

anyone know any reliable croatian press to cross check?

edit: here's the Jutarnji List link mentioned in the report above http://www.jutarnji.hr/tata-halilovic-pristao-na-ponudu-tottenhama/1120620/

Last edited:
in all honesty, if we can keep him, i'd say keep him. If you're good enough you're old enough and the kid clearly has ability, for that sort of money he should be knocking on our bench/first team if he's that good. He has something about him that really excites me and I'd love to see him in our team.

Ive read there's a two year buffer period or something. I'm sure there's a reason we can't sign him properly till he's 18
(next summer).

maybe there is no reason.....earlier this summer with our first bid it was his father who wanted Halilovic to return to Zagreb for a year till he is 18, nothing else

im sure if we think he is ready and want to integrate him into the first team squad there will be no problems. However given his age and inexperience its likely we will send him on loan somewhere

@AlexHoliga: There's a rule for another two years or so treating Croatians as still 'foreign' (non-EU) in the UK. Can't get work permit.

Seems like things have been happening this weekend. He also says the following:

Spurs fans, you should be happy to know that with Alen you get his younger brother Dino - who is also a very talented footballer.
...Young Dino Halilovic, Alen's brother, is one of the best players in Dinamo U15s who recently won the Nike Premier Cup at Old Trafford.

in all honesty, if we can keep him, i'd say keep him. If you're good enough you're old enough and the kid clearly has ability, for that sort of money he should be knocking on our bench/first team if he's that good. He has something about him that really excites me and I'd love to see him in our team.

AVB hasn't really shown that he's happy to blood and trust youngsters - better to keep him somewhere where he'll develop rather than stagnate on our bench

@AlexHoliga: There's a rule for another two years or so treating Croatians as still 'foreign' (non-EU) in the UK. Can't get work permit.

Seems like things have been happening this weekend. He also says the following:

Spurs fans, you should be happy to know that with Alen you get his younger brother Dino - who is also a very talented footballer.
...Young Dino Halilovic, Alen's brother, is one of the best players in Dinamo U15s who recently won the Nike Premier Cup at Old Trafford

I guess this part of the story seems plausible enough. It would make perfect sense that both his sons were in the same place rather than in different countries.

He would be great to slot into the squad now imo. He could come on for Lennon. Shame we have to wait. When does he turn 18?

Like Carroll, Caulker, Rose ????

Those are people who prove my point rather than dis-prove it!

Caulker last season was massively under-used and there were a number of times, particularly in the cups, where Vertonghen was flogged to death whilst Caulker just sat on the bench. Similarly with Dembele - massively over-played and I dont think its a coincidence that his performances tailed off alarmingly from Jan/Feb...Carroll could have been given more game time, again particularly in teh cups

re Rose, I dont think he's really playing now because AVB sees him as first choice for the season - more than with the shortage at CB, Vert was needed there and he hasnt been able to buy a first choice yet. Benny is gone so is irrelevant

Those are people who prove my point rather than dis-prove it!

Caulker last season was massively under-used and there were a number of times, particularly in the cups, where Vertonghen was flogged to death whilst Caulker just sat on the bench. Similarly with Dembele - massively over-played and I dont think its a coincidence that his performances tailed off alarmingly from Jan/Feb...Carroll could have been given more game time, again particularly in teh cups

re Rose, I dont think he's really playing now because AVB sees him as first choice for the season - more than with the shortage at CB, Vert was needed there and he hasnt been able to buy a first choice yet. Benny is gone so is irrelevant

Caulker: Was good at Swansea, didnt rate him at all playing for us last season. Dont have the mobility, and it looked like he doesnt read the game well. AVB dont play players just for them being young.
Dembele: Yes, he played way too much last year. But we had Parker out till Christmas, and Sandro from Christmas till now. Hudd was getting back to match fitness, and I think it would be madness to put young Carroll as a starter.
Rose: You could be right, but he is playing isnt he? Lets see what happens in the next two weeks before we make any conclusions.

Caulker: Was good at Swansea, didnt rate him at all playing for us last season. Dont have the mobility, and it looked like he doesnt read the game well. AVB dont play players just for them being young.
Dembele: Yes, he played way too much last year. But we had Parker out till Christmas, and Sandro from Christmas till now. Hudd was getting back to match fitness, and I think it would be madness to put young Carroll as a starter.
Rose: You could be right, but he is playing isnt he? Lets see what happens in the next two weeks before we make any conclusions.

Both Caulker and Carroll could have played cup games last year to take some of the workload off others

Back