• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Pardew

yeah, he's massively in the wrong and deserves a long ban, but it's not a proper headbutt, begbie style, that would be a sacking offence

A mere 3 on the begbie scale ;)

Seriously though he's ****ed. I'll be massively surprised if he keeps his job after that.

100k fine and a formal warning

I bet he wishes he'd really laid it on him now, might as well of had his moneys worth

Deserves a ban but people are over reacting. Particularly Robbie Savage. Pardew, whatever you think of him, is entertaining.

I agree - just bandwagon jumpers. I laugh at those headbutts because theyre not really headbutts but just a motion with the head. Its a ****in weak attempt. Its akin to what happened on Thursday at our match.

I agree - just bandwagon jumpers. I laugh at those headbutts because theyre not really headbutts but just a motion with the head. Its a ****in weak attempt. Its akin to what happened on Thursday at our match.

The problem is he just doesn't learn. He's got plenty of previous in acting like a **** on the sideline. Gary Linkekar just summed it up perfectly, how can you discipline and set an example to the players if you cannot even contain yourself?

Btw I loved that clip of him shoving Wenger and Pat Rice just stood there arms folded saying and doing nothing as usual :lol:

different angle...

pardew-2.gif

Aww what a shame... Looks like the other guy stops Meyler from lamping him :(

The problem is he just doesn't learn. He's got plenty of previous in acting like a **** on the sideline. Gary Linkekar just summed it up perfectly, how can you discipline and set an example to the players if you cannot even contain yourself?

Btw I loved that clip of him shoving Wenger and Pat Rice just stood there arms folded saying and doing nothing as usual :lol:

I agree there is a bit of hypocrisy and his situation becomes a tad precarious but just because Pardew did it doesnt mean the others can do it. Pardew didnt get away with it and has been disciplined so you can still discipline players when and if they 'headbutt' in future.

I dont mind Pardew, he can be a **** at times but lets be honest everyone in life can be a **** at times.

I agree there is a bit of hypocrisy and his situation becomes a tad precarious but just because Pardew did it doesnt mean the others can do it. Pardew didnt get away with it and has been disciplined so you can still discipline players when and if they 'headbutt' in future.

I dont mind Pardew, he can be a **** at times but lets be honest everyone in life can be a **** at times.

I think it's worse than a player head butting another player, the manager has to be bigger than that and needs to set an example. I didn't like it when Mancini used to wave the imaginary yellow/red card, again it's worse than a player doing it.

I can't stand Pardew, he's a smug **** with anger issues and what he said before they played scum last year was the final straw for me. One of my Dad's mates used to be the groundsman at Charlton, he said he was a right flash **** and regularly asked him to prepare the pitch for the following without any notice because they wanted to train on it the next day, this is after he had just finished preparing it for the next game.

I believe managers should be held to a higher standard. It's the same in any walk of life, the code of conduct needs to be adhered to by everyone within an organisation, he has previous with incidents of misconduct which should be taken into account in my view. If he isn't sacked then at the very least the FA need to suspend him for the rest of the season. I know in this country we are a bit sanctimonious and like to think England is the land of fair play and no one cheats over here, but this the kind of thing you would expect to see in La Liga or South American football not the Premier League.

Ah it's football. Don't take it so seriously. Twasnt even a headbutt.

I think it's worse than a player head butting another player, the manager has to be bigger than that and needs to set an example. I didn't like it when Mancini used to wave the imaginary yellow/red card, again it's worse than a player doing it.

I can't stand Pardew, he's a smug **** with anger issues and what he said before they played scum last year was the final straw for me. One of my Dad's mates used to be the groundsman at Charlton, he said he was a right flash **** and regularly asked him to prepare the pitch for the following without any notice because they wanted to train on it the next day, this is after he had just finished preparing it for the next game.

Yeh I've heard a couple of stories from reliable sources that don't exactly paint him in a favourable light!

It wasn't a real headbutt, and I think he's gone up in my estimation. Tough job, geezer under pressure, could anyone else do better?

It wasn't a real headbutt, and I think he's gone up in my estimation. Tough job, geezer under pressure, could anyone else do better?

I like Pardew. Wears his heart on his sleeve, clearly a flawed human being but he doesn't hold it back - and aren't we all?

He'll get more punishment than has already been meted out but there has been some ridiculous stuff said by media figures already.
Implying that players could follow the manager's lead unless there's draconian sanction. Or that somehow this one action undermines him hugely.
Players are adults and can reason and think as adults. Not 3 year old children.

what pardew did was obviously wrong. and i assume he'll b appropriately punished.

but, i kind of believe him when he says that he tried to "push with his head". i just think that this was just one of these incidents whereby pardew knew not to raise his hands. but had realised that meyler is encroaching his personal area and wanted to force him away. regardless, you can't put your head into someone else no matter how slowly you do it, and he should be punished.

its hardly the most disgraceful act ever tho (as some pundits/fans seem to be trying to make it out to be). mainly because i think there is a genuine case that he meant no real harm or malice in this case.

thats just my opinion on the incident anyway. wasnt even the most disgraceful incident in the weekend (Charlie Adam's assaults were). but i still think pardew is a despicable human being, who massively lacks class (based on prior incidents).

side note; jurgen klopp has also been invovled in a number of touchline incidents. is he the german pardew? :eek:

I like Pardew. Wears his heart on his sleeve, clearly a flawed human being but he doesn't hold it back - and aren't we all?

He still, ultimately, is supposed to be a professional. That would include being able to handle pressure. What pressure was he facing at 3-1 up?

I'm surprised Ashley hasn't sacked him. It would have been a convenient way to get out of paying off his contract whilst still terminating it early.

He still, ultimately, is supposed to be a professional. That would include being able to handle pressure. What pressure was he facing at 3-1 up?

I'm surprised Ashley hasn't sacked him. It would have been a convenient way to get out of paying off his contract whilst still terminating it early.

I think he's a cnut, but he's working miracles at Saudi Sportswashing Machine imo, I expect Ashley is absolutely delighted how its going, no chance of relegation, no chance of challenging and needing to spend money.

I think he's a cnut, but he's working miracles at Saudi Sportswashing Machine imo, I expect Ashley is absolutely delighted how its going, no chance of relegation, no chance of challenging and needing to spend money.

I heard on a podcast yesterday that Pardew is on around £30k a year, and a whole host of bonuses are written into his contract. So effectively his head butt cost him just over 3 years pay! No wonder he didn't get the boot, no one else would take that job for that kind of money

I think there are limits to how much they are allowed to fine him (and players). Not sure if it's one month or as much as three month's wages.

Back