• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Africa Cup of Nations 2021 (2022)

I love the commentators sitting on their chairs saying you just have to be confident that you are going to score!

The best worst thing that happened to me in football was losing our sunday pub level county cup final on penalties before it got to my turn with the fifth.

This is rubbish. African football has declined massively on this evidence.

Yes, I've probably only seen 4-5 games but the quality has been very poor. Not sure how much you can put down to the temperature in some of the games, and the cabbage-patch pitches (the number of divots on some pitches has been absurd!) but agree with your comment. Going back 20-30 years, it felt like we'd have seen an African team reach the semis or final of the world cup at some point soon (or would have already seen it), but they look a long, long way behind the leading European andSouth American teams

Yes, I've probably only seen 4-5 games but the quality has been very poor. Not sure how much you can put down to the temperature in some of the games, and the cabbage-patch pitches (the number of divots on some pitches has been absurd!) but agree with your comment. Going back 20-30 years, it felt like we'd have seen an African team reach the semis or final of the world cup at some point soon (or would have already seen it), but they look a long, long way behind the leading European andSouth American teams

Yep. I don’t really follow this tournament but going on past World Cups teams like Algeria, Cameroon, Nigeria, Senegal... seemed like they had much more to offer than what’s visible here.

Egypt were playing for that shootout all game, so glad Senegal won.

Salah a no show in the shootout too.

Is it finally over?

hopefully common sense prevails (as if!) and they align it with other tournaments going forward. If they need more money for the associations that’s up to FIFA, shouldn’t take it upon themselves to ruin domestic leagues in search of the coin.

Egypt were playing for that shootout all game, so glad Senegal won.

Salah a no show in the shootout too.

They seemed to be playing for penalties from the start of the knockout phase.

Ha ha, the dipper clam lost, didn’t even get to take a penalty the arrogant “let me take the fifth” glory hunting fudger.

Humble my arse.

clam.

Mane also took the last one. It does seem bad strategy to save the best penalty taker for last as he may not get a shot. Salah didn't get to take one in the semifinal either. I think Ronaldo also usually takes the last one.

Of course, you don't want to go the the other extreme and put a youngster with no penalty experience last.

They seemed to be playing for penalties from the start of the knockout phase.

Mane also took the last one. It does seem bad strategy to save the best penalty taker for last as he may not get a shot. Salah didn't get to take one in the semifinal either. I think Ronaldo also usually takes the last one.

Of course, you don't want to go the the other extreme and put a youngster with no penalty experience last.

Mane hasn’t been their first choice penalty taker though (I think).

Don’t get me wrong, he’s a dipper clam too, but Salah is much bigger one.

Back