• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adrian Rabiot

I could see Dembele surviving too. He has done alright in a more advanced role recently and his flexibility could be useful.

Liverpool are in for him now according to various reports all going back to le10sport. 6 month loan also.

Get your own scouts...

Liverpool are in for him now according to various reports all going back to le10sport. 6 month loan also.

Get your own scouts...
I saw that earlier. Let's hope that we have been hard at work selling the club to him

I saw that earlier. Let's hope that we have been hard at work selling the club to him
Lloris is always going to be an asset in selling the club to any French player.

Liverpool are in free fall. Liverpool are in Liverpool. They are not in Europe. The only issue could be the loan fee. I think the player would choose Spurs. My thoughts though.

No idea how this will go now. One would hope that our early enquiries would help us, but then again we essentially had Willian signed one hour before Chelsea turned his head in a flash.

Lloris is always going to be an asset in selling the club to any French player.

Liverpool are in free fall. Liverpool are in Liverpool. They are not in Europe. The only issue could be the loan fee. I think the player would choose Spurs. My thoughts though.

Aren't Liverpool in the EL?

PSG mockery of Italian clubs: Rabiot ends at Tottenham

LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT
of C.Laudisa January 3, 2015 | 08:57 |

Last summer, Walter Sabatini, thanks to the influence of Rudi Garcia player, was about to close an agreement. The manager of the Rome offered 5 million to acquire it immediately, making strong consensus Player.

Nothing Italy for Adrien Rabiot. The PSG is going to define the agreement that will lead to the days promising French midfielder at Tottenham: loan dry for 6 months. The turning point of beginning of the year after a short trip to London's Nasser Al Khelaifi, the president of the Parisian club. The solution agreed with the player and his entourage insult all Italian clubs since last summer have courted the talent of the Parisians. Just Juve had been the first to move, when Rabiot was still with the contract expiring. Then, the simultaneous acquisition of Coman at the end of the contract did raise the temperature in relations with PSG. So Marotta and Guild have let go, while Inter Milan (in August there was a blitz Rossoneri in Paris) and Rome have tried in vain their assaults.

RENEWAL

Last summer Walter Sabatini, thanks to the influence of Rudi Garcia player, was about to close an agreement, relying also on good relations with the company acquired ownership of Sheikh Al Thani. The manager of Rome offered 5 million to acquire it immediately, making strong consensus Player . But the French champions stood firm. Despite the previous season the 19 year old midfielder had played at least 34 games, was not included in the list of the Champions League. It was the moment of maximum friction with his representative, Veronique mom, decided to seek a leading role for his son. But with each passing week the parties approached, so much so that on October 31, was signed the contract extension until June 30, 2019.

THE TURNING POINT The renewed agreement with the top management had not brought, however, the expectation consecration of the guy on the field. So in recent weeks had returned the voices of an interest of Juventus and Roma. Once again, however, the facts show that Rabiot eventually prefer to follow the line of the club who raised him . The solution of the loan to Tottenham evidently comfortable both Parisians that the boy, despite the London club was started from the request for an outright purchase. The experience in the Premier League with the team of Pochettino can enable you to find the continuity that much ambition. While PSG is committed to bring him home in the next season as a protagonist. Certainly this new chapter enriches the novel of a career already full of twists . Its technical qualities are recognized by all. No coincidence that the Juve has thought of him as a sort of clone of Paul Pogba.

Seems to be indicating a loan without an agreement to buy the player come the summer and that PSG are looking to bring him back again... Don't see that happening.

By the way, is a "strong consensus player" more like a trequartista or more like a deep playmaker?

Seems to be indicating a loan without an agreement to buy the player come the summer and that PSG are looking to bring him back again... Don't see that happening.

By the way, is a "strong consensus player" more like a trequartista or more like a deep playmaker?

I don't know - it's a cheap solution to us having 3 unsuitable CMs (Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele) and of the remaining 3 Bentaleb going to the ACN

Then we can either look at Schneiderlin/Cabeye/McCarthy when they'll be more available in the summer, or try and do a permanent deal with PSG.

I don't know about the translation, but from what I've read Rabiot is another deep-sitting high-energy all-rounder like Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli.

I don't know - it's a cheap solution to us having 3 unsuitable CMs (Paulinho, Capoue and Dembele) and of the remaining 3 Bentaleb going to the ACN

Then we can either look at Schneiderlin/Cabeye/McCarthy when they'll be more available in the summer, or try and do a permanent deal with PSG.

I don't know about the translation, but from what I've read Rabiot is another deep-sitting high-energy all-rounder like Mason, Bentaleb and Stambouli.

He'll need time to settle in and adjust though. And at 19 what impact will he realistically have this season?

Had it been Cabaye I would have gotten it, but a kid? Perhaps I'm underestimating him, but it doesn't fill me with confidence and it doesn't sound like the kind of deal Levy and Baldini like.

Looks a very iffy article to me; even in the original Italian version. No quotes - all based on the visit of Al Khelaifi to London. Maybe it was to discuss Cabaye [-o<

If legit, at best it would be a stop gap to sell one of our CMs (Paulinho seems to be making most ink) and still have cover for Bentaleb during his AFC absent. Another article suggests 12 million euros as his price tag, so we could be in effect trialling him out for 6 months before pitching a bid...

Gazzetta also runs another article saying that Roma have sold three players in order to have the dosh to buy Chiriches; main stumbling block seems to be his insistence on a guaranteed first team place.

Absolutely no point in taking another clubs young players on loan with no option to buy. Especially for only half a season from a different country.

He'll need time to settle in and adjust though. And at 19 what impact will he realistically have this season?

Had it been Cabaye I would have gotten it, but a kid? Perhaps I'm underestimating him, but it doesn't fill me with confidence and it doesn't sound like the kind of deal Levy and Baldini like.

He'd only be 4th choice. Another nothing-to-lose Holtby type deal

If that allowed us to pull in c.£30m+ for the summer, by offloading Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho now, surely that's great.

He'd only be 4th choice. Another nothing-to-lose Holtby type deal

If that allowed us to pull in c.£30m+ for the summer, by offloading Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho now, surely that's great.

I just think there should be better deals out there than a loan without the option to buy.

Look how long it took Stambouli and Fazio to settle in and get regular game time. Rabiot would be coming in with no pre-season, lacking match fitness, new to the club and the league. Just doesn't make sense as a short terms solution to me at least.

There is something to lose. Particularly as Dembele at least is playing reasonably well. If Rabiot is a worse option for the short term then there's a hell of a lot to lose. And if there are better short term options than both of them it's even worse. Never mind the long term...

Like I said. I could be underestimating the kid. And I could very easily be wrong. I just don't think it's the kind of deal Levy and Baldini will be looking for.

I just think there should be better deals out there than a loan without the option to buy.

Look how long it took Stambouli and Fazio to settle in and get regular game time. Rabiot would be coming in with no pre-season, lacking match fitness, new to the club and the league. Just doesn't make sense as a short terms solution to me at least.

There is something to lose. Particularly as Dembele at least is playing reasonably well. If Rabiot is a worse option for the short term then there's a hell of a lot to lose. And if there are better short term options than both of them it's even worse. Never mind the long term...

Like I said. I could be underestimating the kid. And I could very easily be wrong. I just don't think it's the kind of deal Levy and Baldini will be looking for.
It's free while we can sell some other players for money. Of course it's the type of deal Levy will be looking for.

It's free while we can sell some other players for money. Of course it's the type of deal Levy will be looking for.

Other than Nelsen and Saha when we had Redknapp sitting in a rather precarious situation when has Levy gone for short term deals like this one?

Doesn't seem like his cup of tea at all. He's all about the long term, this is a (seemingly poor) short term solution with no clear long term benefit. Paying significant money for a player with a lot of potential to develop, potential sell on value if it doesn't work out, that would seem like a Levy type deal. This? Nah...

Not sure what this deal does for us if there is no option to sign included. As others have said, there will be a settling in period where he learns in training and on the pitch what his role is. By the time that happens we may be near enough to the end of the season, it's a waste of time on our part.

I wouldn't put too much stock in a report about our transfer deals from an italian news source tbh.

Im sure any deal we do will include an agreed fee

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...t-january-signing-announced-soon-baldini-the-

The translated rumour:

'The specific target mentioned is Adrien Rabiot. AS Roma thought they had a deal for the young French midfielder tied up recently, but then he unexpectedly signed a renewal with his current club PSG. That was that, so everyone thought. Rabiot would be remaining at PSG and all the fall outs of the past would be forgotten.

Apparently, the renewal is now being seen as a way to get PSG a transfer fee. Rabiot's contract would have run out in June and PSG were furious that they stood to lose a young player for nothing, especially given their battles with FFP.

Il Tempo say that Baldini has agreed a deal which pleases player, PSG, and of course Tottenham. Terms have been agreed with Rabiot's mother Veronique, Il Tempo clearly state that she has reached agreement with the Premier League club.

PSG are said to be happy because they'll reinvest the transfer fee in buying players and Rabiot believes he'll get a bigger role at Tottenham than he has at PSG.'

Not sure if that means we have got a permanent deal sorted here or not?

Back