• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adrian Rabiot

Maybe because Mason is by a nature an offensive player who has been forced by Poch to play in a defensive position

It was still Mason and Benteleb's first real season in the first team. Why cant people be a bit patient and let players develop. Bale was not great his first two season. Nor Modric. Players have to learn the PL, learn the top level game and learn the teams system. Both Mason and Benteleb have so much more growth to make. Maybe judge them at the end of the up coming season. But not now.

It was still Mason and Benteleb's first real season in the first team. Why cant people be a bit patient and let players develop. Bale was not great his first two season. Nor Modric. Players have to learn the PL, learn the top level game and learn the teams system. Both Mason and Benteleb have so much more growth to make. Maybe judge them at the end of the up coming season. But not now.

I like Mason, I just feel he would be more effective in a more offensive position

Difference is, bake always looked like he had ability. mason simply doesn't, if he was young it wouldn't be a problem, it 23 isn't young. And a Kane style turn around is rare as it is. We have no chance of achieving anything with mason as a prominent figure in our midfield.

Difference is, bake always looked like he had ability. mason simply doesn't, if he was young it wouldn't be a problem, it 23 isn't young. And a Kane style turn around is rare as it is. We have no chance of achieving anything with mason as a prominent figure in our midfield.

He has shown plenty of ability, Christ he has played for England in his first season (as bad as they may be nowadays)!!!!!

Seriously your dislike for him holds no bounds but that's a ludicrous statement

I'd love to know what the arsenal players thought when they left the picture at white hart lane and their won ground after he had been better than any of them in his role

By the way I agree 100% regarding Bale. He always looked to have exceptional ability. Fulham away in his early days was outstanding despite the result

He has shown plenty of ability, Christ he has played for England in his first season (as bad as they may be nowadays)!!!!!

Seriously your dislike for him holds no bounds but that's a ludicrous statement

I'd love to know what the arsenal players thought when they left the picture at white hart lane and their won ground after he had been better than any of them in his role

By the way I agree 100% regarding Bale. He always looked to have exceptional ability. Fulham away in his early days was outstanding despite the result

still to this day i dont know how we didnt win that game.

still to this day i dont know how we didnt win that game.

I assume you mean the Fulham draw away at the cottage?

I thought we were outstanding and it was a bizarre game for the to nick a point in

I remember Bale bombing down the wing from fullback and he was going faster than the camera on the rails

I assume you mean the Fulham draw away at the cottage?

I thought we were outstanding and it was a bizarre game for the to nick a point in

I remember Bale bombing down the wing from fullback and he was going faster than the camera on the rails

yes away at the Cottage. Bale roasted them, we had Keane and Berbatov up top, just beautiful at times. But we drew. Typical Spurs

I agree. Baldini was meant to be laying on the charm in January

Our very own Swiss Toni:

Swiss-Toni-800x450.jpg

article-2336735-119D375C000005DC-867_634x415.jpg

"Acquiring Adrien Rabiot is like making love to a beautiful woman. In this case, his mother."

Last edited:
yes away at the Cottage. Bale roasted them, we had Keane and Berbatov up top, just beautiful at times. But we drew. Typical Spurs

Remember that, quality atmosphere in our end. Didn't they equalise with some ridiculous volley/lob?

Remember that, quality atmosphere in our end. Didn't they equalise with some ridiculous volley/lob?

I think it was a speculative overheard from Kamara

What I vividly remover was the hot dog bun being for a 12" sausage and getting a 6" sausage... I then made some crude remarks to the lady serving it so she took it back and have me a 12" sausage in a small bun!!!

That's it, just remember something looping over Robinson (assume he was in goal), things always get a hazy after a day out at Fulham :)

On the plus side at least you got a more expensive sausage.

It's probably what McCarthy will cost, anyway. So we have a choice to make. 21 million pounds on Rabiot, or McCarthy?

Also, his mother's confirmed that he's asked for a transfer and wants to leave.

"...‘Adrien wants to have a career at PSG,’ Veronique Rabiot allegedly told French outlet Canal Supporters.

‘But it’s not possible. Are PSG trying to tarnish Adrien because we have asked for a transfer?’

‘If Adrien leaves PSG, he is not leaving for the sake of leaving, he is leaving in order to play.’"

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/21/arsen...-mum-confirms-psg-exit-5305589/#ixzz3gXaEisXU

Levy would probably pay £22 Million if Rabiot's mother is guaranteed to stay in France.

This players baggage appears almost unmanageable IMHO

[http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11572420/Arsenal-ban-Ainsley-Maitland-Niless-mother-over-assault.html]

His mother is simultaneously our best chance of getting him and our biggest worry in terms of his personal situation: how amusing. :p Also, it is worth noting that there were press reports back in April that mentioned that he'd been late to training and to games (missed the team bus a couple of times, apparently), and that he had a bit of a strop on him. While on the field, he seems like a hard worker, these things do have to be noted.

His mother is simultaneously our best chance of getting him and our biggest worry in terms of his personal situation: how amusing. :p Also, it is worth noting that there were press reports back in April that mentioned that he'd been late to training and to games (missed the team bus a couple of times, apparently), and that he had a bit of a strop on him. While on the field, he seems like a hard worker, these things do have to be noted.

They have been noted.....but christ on a bicycle.....this is one yummy, yummy player that looks like he was born to play in the premier league.
Remember that most of us at the same age as he is were probably stroppy, hormonal, testosterone charged nutters. I was certainly no role model in my early 20's...people seem to forget things like this when commenting on young footballers....anyway.

21-22m considering we have just packed off Capoue, Stambo and Aunty Pauline, packed their trunks and their off to the circus....trump,trump,trump to the tune of that requested fee I say DO IT LEVY DO IT!

The thought of a Rabiot/Bentaleb axis.....OMG....In all seriousness this purchase would improve us tenfold! Juve can fudge off they wont be able to grant him a starting 11 birth but we can.

By the power of Veronique & Baldi & Baldy's charms please ghod let this deal happen!

Hey, at his age I was permanently sozzled. :p I'm not saying we should judge these lads on their behaviour at this age: you're absolutely right, they're still kids and their mistakes and strops are mostly minor ones when compared to what (I'd wager) the majority of us probably like at their ages. However, modern professional football has this odd way of magnifying inconsequential details and demanding nonsensically strict codes of conduct from its players: and with a hard trainer like Poch around, who clearly won't stand for stroppiness or disobedience to any great degree....that sort of behaviour is probably taken more seriously inside the halls of WHL than it is by us, or even by other clubs in the PL. That's all.

Saying that, I'd still absolutely love him here. :D

I am guessing that this is the type of player who we would spend the money on? His potential resale/etc is high...

Its very similar to the potential acquisition S Berahino, another player who has had well documented off field problems....

Now I dont want to get in a moral argument with anyone, I would just like people to consider that as human beings we all make mistakes, especially in our youth and the hope is we learn from them.

From a Tottenham point of view.....weighing up the pro's and cons of the two players...I would still take both of them in a heartbeat if of course it is financially viable. Both players from a footballing perspective would make us alot better imo.

Back