• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adebayor redemption possibilities?

From the Beeb Sportsday:

We reported on 17 September that French club Lyon had pulled out of negotiations to sign Togo international strikerEmmanuel Adebayor.

A free agent since his contract expired with Crystal Palace at the end of last season, he had held talks with coach Bruno Genesio but a deal "failed to materialise".

However, according to The Mirror Genesio has another side to the story...

“We had a place in our squad for Manu, so I arranged to meet him for a coffee in Lyon," he is quoted as saying.

“But, to my surprise, when he arrived he asked for a shot of whisky in his coffee. He also had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth."

Genesio admitted the interview "began badly" before he decided not to pursue a move for the ex-Emirates Marketing Project and Tottenham man.

If Adebayor departed Arsenal, for Emirates Marketing Project in 2009, under a cloud it was more of a heavy frost at Tottenham, where Mauricio Pochettino decided in autumn 2015 to separate him from the first-team squad.

“I’m happy for Pochettino and how they are doing,” he says. “Things didn’t work out between us but he is a great manager and we still have a good relationship despite what people might think. We still keep in touch – he is a good guy and has changed Tottenham. I don’t know whether the fans there hate me or love me but they should remember one thing, which is that there was a time when I scored goals for them and made them happy.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...frica-cup-nations-2017-england-premier-league

If Adebayor departed Arsenal, for Emirates Marketing Project in 2009, under a cloud it was more of a heavy frost at Tottenham, where Mauricio Pochettino decided in autumn 2015 to separate him from the first-team squad.

“I’m happy for Pochettino and how they are doing,” he says. “Things didn’t work out between us but he is a great manager and we still have a good relationship despite what people might think. We still keep in touch – he is a good guy and has changed Tottenham. I don’t know whether the fans there hate me or love me but they should remember one thing, which is that there was a time when I scored goals for them and made them happy.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...frica-cup-nations-2017-england-premier-league

So did Carragher, but he didn't demand money from us under false pretenses

Money and mindset appeared to get in the way; If Ade had played every season like his first on loan with us he would have won so much more and perhaps remembered as one of the greats. But it's good to hear of an amicable relationship with Poch.

This amicable relationship is probably him ringing up Poch asking for a job or reference, and Poch saying "sorry, nothing available .... how's the family?"

This amicable relationship is probably him ringing up Poch asking for a job or reference, and Poch saying "sorry, nothing available .... how's the family?"

Under current employment law it is actually against the law to give a bad reference, not sure how Poch could really give Ade a reference.

Under current employment law it is actually against the law to give a bad reference, not sure how Poch could really give Ade a reference.
Surprisingly to most, it's not.

It is illegal to give an inaccurate reference, so most employers steer clear of bad ones to avoid legal action.

As @LemonadeMoney says - why give a bad reference, then you'd have to keep them.

Surprisingly to most, it's not.

It is illegal to give an inaccurate reference, so most employers steer clear of bad ones to avoid legal action.

As @LemonadeMoney says - why give a bad reference, then you'd have to keep them.

I shall bow to your superior knowledge. I had to give a reference a year or so ago for a lad who worked in the warehouse for me, I just said he worked here from this time to that time and he was late 40 times and sick 20 odd times and he was on a warning.

Back