• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

No doubt we want a striker. Contes point is, in Jan you can’t just get a quality player in, so better to get some reinforcements. May not be like for like.

The problem is spending 20m means you have less to spend when the rights players are available. So logically you don’t want an inforior striker, who’ll be replaced, you want a slightly different player who’ll bolster the attack.
Rondon at Everton is the sort of short term signing we should go for. A combative all running striker to give Kane a rest or allow him to drop deeper.

He'd give the opposition keepers a rest too...he's brick.
1 goal in 15 this season.
Kane will be giving them a rest as well soon when he gets injured due to his workload. Will be carnage later in the season when we have to get these postponed games played.

Kane will be giving them a rest as well soon when he gets injured due to his workload. Will be carnage later in the season when we have to get these postponed games played.

People seem to miss this aspect. Sometimes it’s not about what you’re bringing in but what you’re potentially losing. Look at Son, overplayed due to lack of bodies and now injured. People think we’re gonna be signing another Kane/or this Vlahovic guy as back up. A Kane back up is always going to be a squad player, but someone who can do u a job at 2-0 up etc, or play those early fodder games in the League cup/FA Cup/ECL.

Chris Wood might have been a better bet than Rondon. A decent handful in his own right and also someone who could go 2 up with Kane when we’ve needed a plan B late in games.

Llorente was the best back-up striker we've had since the days of Defoe and Mido. In fact I'd say Llorente, Defoe, Mido and Walsh are about the best ones we've pretty much ever had.

I thought walsh was better than stewart. Was young though.

Unlike many I don't think that Conte wants Traore as a RWB option. I think he wants him as cover up front. I think he would've been asked to play the sort of role that Bergwijn did last night, getting close to Kane and springing off of him into space and also be used for Spurs to rest Kane with him giving us an option to break with, draw in opposition players and leave the likes of Son, Moura or Bergwijn free.

I see that Moyes also wants him at West Ham and I think in Moyes' case it is to provide an alternative option up front to Antonio. Antonio is another that doesn't really have any finishing technique but causes defenders big problems with his exceptional upper body strength. These types of players aren't pretty to watch but can be very effective for their teams. Of course Traore's finishing is far worse than even Antonio's rather unclinical efforts but that would improve playing through the middle.

If we can land Traore this window without losing anybody then I think it would give us another string to our bow and would be enough to secure Europa League football and perhaps go one step further than that.

Unlike many I don't think that Conte wants Traore as a RWB option. I think he wants him as cover up front. I think he would've been asked to play the sort of role that Bergwijn did last night, getting close to Kane and springing off of him into space and also be used for Spurs to rest Kane with him giving us an option to break with, draw in opposition players and leave the likes of Son, Moura or Bergwijn free.

I see that Moyes also wants him at West Ham and I think in Moyes' case it is to provide an alternative option up front to Antonio. Antonio is another that doesn't really have any finishing technique but causes defenders big problems with his exceptional upper body strength. These types of players aren't pretty to watch but can be very effective for their teams. Of course Traore's finishing is far worse than even Antonio's rather unclinical efforts but that would improve playing through the middle.

If we can land Traore this window without losing anybody then I think it would give us another string to our bow and would be enough to secure Europa League football and perhaps go one step further than that.

Isn't that the role Alli was the best in the league at for about 3 seasons? And different to Traore, he can actually create and score.

I think a benefit with Traore is that he can play several roles, may not be just one or the other.

Back