1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Adama Traore

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Denmark Spur, 23 Aug 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan John Lacy

Any transfer that seems to have links to Jorge Mendes or Mino Raiola is not going to be swift or pain-free unless too much money changes hands.
    Traore is not directly represented by Mendes, but considering the hooks that man has in Wolves, there's no way he isn't having his opinion heard

2. parklane1

parklane1 Steve Sedgley

This.

3. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

Planet Ndombele

Hotshot-Tottenham likes this.
  4. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

That's a new euphemism to me

5. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan John Lacy

:D

6. braineclipse

braineclipse Gary Stevens

The risk with Coutinho is clear, but it's not mainly a financial one. We see every game the consequences of having players that aren't great fits in our current system. We've seen it for years. We don't need more of them.

Digne is a good player, but spending any money at left wing back when we have Sessegnon and Reguilon there and massive holes elsewhere in the squad would be baffling.

7. Legohamster

Legohamster Les Ferdinand

I see we’ve agreed terms with Adama for the 6th time. Lol

8. The Fatman

The Fatman Noé Pamarot

Wolves have signed a winger, does that mean movement, for Tarore?

9. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Left sided, so fingers crossed no

djp82 likes this.
  10. harr1984

harr1984 Pedro Mendes

Not that it’s impossible it could indicate something, but it appears there are two scenarios that crop up every transfer window that some posters always think means we are signing a certain player when it ends up it doesn’t mean any such thing.

1) Rumoured target’s club sign a player in the same position, therefore must mean target is imminently coming to us

2) Rumoured target is not in the starting eleven/in squad for match, therefore must mean we are about to sign him

Time and time again it doesn’t happen, but doesn’t stop the same chat occur next window about someone:D…..

11. Rorschach

Rorschach Vivian Woodward

Tattoo time?

MKSpur likes this.
  12. spasm

spasm Gudni Bergsson

Adamant Traore

13. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

[​IMG]

Rorschach likes this.
  14. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

I was explaining to my son last week that Kaka means brick. Amazing that he could become a star with that name. Makes that tattoo even worse. Could be changed to Elano I guess.

15. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

16. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Could have the complete wrong end of the stick. But when Conte talks about taking maybe not the best player but “something” is he thinking of Traore?

Are you confident of having at least one new signing before the end of the transfer window?

“I don't know. I know that the transfer window in January is always very difficult and it is more simple when you start the season to buy important players. In January it is not easy, but at the same time we know very well that if there is the opportunity and also if it's not the best opportunity, but we need to do something.

Also if I repeat that this could not be the best opportunity but I think that we are in a situation where we have to try to implement the squad because the squad is not so big.”

We’ve been trying with more svelte signings but they know they can bode their time until the summer. Any player worth their salt completes the season and move over the summer. Traore is a fallback option maybe. Bolster the squad and a bit of a wild card - try something.

harr1984 likes this.
  17. harr1984

harr1984 Pedro Mendes

I’m not sure about that, but who knows. Personally I think a better example would be the apparent attempted signing of Martial on loan that was rejected. He can cover both Kane and the the AM positions, and being a loan works so in the summer we could sign a better quality player. That sort of move makes sense to me, in terms of plugging a gap for now with a decent standard but inconsistent player and recognising the better opportunities for transfers will be in the summer….

18. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

I think that he's saying if we're really short in a particular area then perhaps we don't wait out for the best signing - is that RWB? For me with Royal and Doherty available no, could be attacking options or elsewhere though

19. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

To me its more likely to be related to Vlahovic than Traore

Vlahovic would be a statement type signing ("the best opportunity") to use the words above but "we need to do something" - he's spoken about the stupidity of only having one CF a few times.

I think it says we've moved on from Vlahovic for now, and are probably looking at loan CF signings and then revisit in the summer

billyiddo likes this.
  20. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

No doubt we want a striker. Contes point is, in Jan you can’t just get a quality player in, so better to get some reinforcements. May not be like for like.

The problem is spending 20m means you have less to spend when the rights players are available. So logically you don’t want an inforior striker, who’ll be replaced, you want a slightly different player who’ll bolster the attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.