• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

In terms of getting our players into one on one situations, we work the ball to Royale, in decent space, up against the opposition's fullback more than anywhere else on the pitch. Even with Traore's substandard delivery I think we would get a hell of a lot more joy with it being him one on one instead of Royale. That being said though, Royale does quite a lot of good defending. What we make up for in attacking prowess (and I'm not convinced it is a great deal) with Traore is likely to be more than offset by the poorer defending.

I'm not convinced that Conte wants Traore as a RWB anyway. I think he wants him as competition/cover/fresh legs for Moura.

was going to post something similar. There’s no doubt Traore offers more in attack, but played as a wing back we’d lose so much from Royal defensively. Royals extremely solid - for a 22 year old in a new league and country - he’s an impressive defender.

I think Traore would be more likely to play ahead of the wing backs at least initially. Or come as a sub when needing to turn a game around.

I know there is this thing about Traore having no end product but have you seen our current full backs crossing? He cannot do any worse and the one thing he does do is scare the brick out of opponents and takes them on successfully. I think if Conte wants him we should trust him £20m is nothing nowadays and will probably get £10m for Doherty.

We will forever be in a state of rebuild if the bar for new signings is "they cannot do any worse" than those already here.

We will forever be in a state of rebuild if the bar for new signings is "they cannot do any worse" than those already here.

Agree and disagree.

Good options, someone that offers us something different (assuming something that Conte wants) is never a bad idea, particularly when we're short on options.

That isn't enough in itself to really push us on to a higher level, but as part of the strategy, where other players either through immediate quality or potential that gets developed get to a really high level those options are very useful and can help.

Assuming that what Traore brings is something Conte wants in his system and that his wages aren't massive.

Agree and disagree.

Good options, someone that offers us something different (assuming something that Conte wants) is never a bad idea, particularly when we're short on options.

That isn't enough in itself to really push us on to a higher level, but as part of the strategy, where other players either through immediate quality or potential that gets developed get to a really high level those options are very useful and can help.

Assuming that what Traore brings is something Conte wants in his system and that his wages aren't massive.

It comes down to whether Conte wants him and feels he can make him work in his system…bleedin’ obvious I know, but it is the only thing that matters.

It comes down to whether Conte wants him and feels he can make him work in his system…bleedin’ obvious I know, but it is the only thing that matters.

It goes without saying that the manager should be backed on who he wants to buy.

However there's not much discussion to be had if we shut down any discussion on rumoured transfer targets because they might be the managers prefered target

It goes without saying that the manager should be backed on who he wants to buy.

However there's not much discussion to be had if we shut down any discussion on rumoured transfer targets because they might be the managers prefered target

Oh I agree, was just spouting apropos of nothing really mate.

Where has this talk of him being a RWB come from has he ever played there?

if he comes he will be a right wing forward.

Because of Moses I think. I.e if Conte managed to transform one crap winger into a mediocre wing back, perhaps he could do it again.

An obsession with the idea that Conte changes failing wingers into WBs because he did it once with Victor Moses.

Reactions: DTA
He also played Ashley Young as a WB at Inter and Ian Perisic too. Its far too flippant an answer to just link it to Moses
Ashley Young had already been converted to fullback at United and was bought while playing that position. Perisic I was unaware of.

Back