• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Which stats do you think would change?
I am quite sure possession stats and time spend in the oppponent's half would be better with traore.
My hope is that his physicality gives him enough penetration for the opposing team to double-team on him, creating more space elsewhere. So hopefully xG from other players might increase.

Still doubt we'll sign him. According to conte (pretty sure he's itk) they only had their meeting on monday to discuss transfers.

So not sure where the stories from a week ago came from that he really likes him and wan't to play him at right wing back. Especially when we have the right wingback that played for the same club. If traore was so good at right back why didn't nuno play him there instead of doherty? Has conte watched enough of him to think he knows better?

Still doubt we'll sign him. According to conte (pretty sure he's itk) they only had their meeting on monday to discuss transfers.

So not sure where the stories from a week ago came from that he really likes him and wan't to play him at right wing back. Especially when we have the right wingback that played for the same club. If traore was so good at right back why didn't nuno play him there instead of doherty? Has conte watched enough of him to think he knows better?
He did play him there some times

If that is true it sounds like we are poorly organised considering we were already on day 10 of the window then?

If that is true it sounds like we are poorly organised considering we were already on day 10 of the window then?

Guess it depends. Window opened on jan 1st. So we could speak to clubs/players from that date. It's been said that paratici likes to get a number of players arranged for each position we need (up to 10 for each). Then pull the trigger on the ones he wants. If the meeting was just to decide which ones they will pull the trigger on then i don't see an issue. If the meeting was to discuss which positions needs strengthening and paratici hasn't made any moves then it's poor.

All we know is that conte in his press conference, has said he had the meeting. Now it's up to the club to decide what to do.

I think we need to take this info with a pinch of sodium chloride! Of course Conte and Paratici have been talking about playing staff and transfers. Its not like this meeting was the first time. Obviously! And DL would have been talking with Paratici at the least, if not with Conte. So they had a more formal meeting looking at Conte's 2 month appraisal. That is all. We would have already had targets and things agreed prior. We're not that bad!

Re. Traore, it is pretty simple. If we sell or loan someone we could generate enough money for a forward. It is not 100% dead. So while that possibility is still there we won't move too quickly on Traore as we'd need the cash to complete a bigger signing. In the meantime we'll push Wolves and the agents demands down if we can.

Last edited:
Update from Matt Law at the Telegraph:

Tottenham Hotspur are hoping to convince Wolverhampton Wanderers to allow Adama Traore to join them on loan with an obligation to buy the winger.

Wolves are likely to prefer a straight £20million deal for Traore, who Tottenham managing director Fabio Paratici has been holding talks over.

Spurs are willing to sell Steven Bergwijn, who has attracted interest from Ajax and who the Premier League club value at around £25m, and doing so could help finance a straight bid for Traore.

But Tottenham are understood to currently favour a deal that would see them take Traore on loan until the end of the season, when the transfer would then be made permanent for a set fee.

While that may not seem particularly attractive now to Wolves, they may be forced to consider such a deal with Traore approaching the final 12 months of his contract and showing little sign of signing a renewal.

Wolves could be left with the choice of agreeing a fee for Traore now and allowing him to go out on loan or seeing his value drop at the end of the season.

Another option could be for Tottenham to stagger payments for Traore with the promise of a majority lump sum being paid in the summer. The player is understood to be keen on the prospect of moving to Spurs during this transfer window.

Traore has been identified as Tottenham’s first choice to fill one of the three positions, right wing-back, that the club have prioritised trying to sign this month following a meeting between Paratici, chairman Daniel Levy and head coach Antonio Conte on Monday

Other than a right wing-back, Spurs have targeted trying to sign a midfielder and attacker. But, with available money in limited supply, the club may be forced to look at loans and players approaching the end of their contracts unless Levy can quickly attract outside investment or bring in significant transfer cash.

AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie is out of contract in the summer and has attracted the interest of Spurs, who have also been linked with Jesse Lingard, who will be out of contract at the end of the season. Paratici and Conte, though, are thought to have currently prioritised other targets over Lingard.

Tottenham’s business this month will give Conte a big indicator over whether or not the club are likely to be able to match his ambition.

Update from Matt Law at the Telegraph:

Tottenham Hotspur are hoping to convince Wolverhampton Wanderers to allow Adama Traore to join them on loan with an obligation to buy the winger.

Wolves are likely to prefer a straight £20million deal for Traore, who Tottenham managing director Fabio Paratici has been holding talks over.

Spurs are willing to sell Steven Bergwijn, who has attracted interest from Ajax and who the Premier League club value at around £25m, and doing so could help finance a straight bid for Traore.

But Tottenham are understood to currently favour a deal that would see them take Traore on loan until the end of the season, when the transfer would then be made permanent for a set fee.

While that may not seem particularly attractive now to Wolves, they may be forced to consider such a deal with Traore approaching the final 12 months of his contract and showing little sign of signing a renewal.

Wolves could be left with the choice of agreeing a fee for Traore now and allowing him to go out on loan or seeing his value drop at the end of the season.

Another option could be for Tottenham to stagger payments for Traore with the promise of a majority lump sum being paid in the summer. The player is understood to be keen on the prospect of moving to Spurs during this transfer window.

Traore has been identified as Tottenham’s first choice to fill one of the three positions, right wing-back, that the club have prioritised trying to sign this month following a meeting between Paratici, chairman Daniel Levy and head coach Antonio Conte on Monday

Other than a right wing-back, Spurs have targeted trying to sign a midfielder and attacker. But, with available money in limited supply, the club may be forced to look at loans and players approaching the end of their contracts unless Levy can quickly attract outside investment or bring in significant transfer cash.

AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie is out of contract in the summer and has attracted the interest of Spurs, who have also been linked with Jesse Lingard, who will be out of contract at the end of the season. Paratici and Conte, though, are thought to have currently prioritised other targets over Lingard.

Tottenham’s business this month will give Conte a big indicator over whether or not the club are likely to be able to match his ambition.

Utter shambles and a disgrace.

So money is supposedly tight and we are going to spend 20m on no end product what so ever. That’s staggering , throwing good money after bad. We have wasted so much money on mediocre players. This guy will be another . Been a while since we’ve signed someone decent in the attacking half of the pitch.

So money is supposedly tight and we are going to spend 20m on no end product what so ever. That’s staggering , throwing good money after bad. We have wasted so much money on mediocre players. This guy will be another . Been a while since we’ve signed someone decent in the attacking half of the pitch.

If we do spend the money on Traore, it'll be because Paratici and Conte agree on him coming in.

If we do spend the money on Traore, it'll be because Paratici and Conte agree on him coming in.
If that’s the case I’m worried about them both. Bang average one trick pony . Can’t pass, can’t score, can’t cross . Runs fast that’s it.

If this is our main target this window it says a lot about our ambition as a club.

Last edited:
If that’s the case I’m worried about them both. Bang average one trick pony . Can’t pass, can’t score, can’t cross . Runs fast that’s it.

If this is our main target this window it says a lot about our ambition as a club.

The positives he does have is a defender will have to watch him and he can break lines/draw defenders out.

Im not convinced, but I’m not against it.

if it’s swapping him for Bergwijn it’s not really a loss

Maybe.
Or maybe the very talented professionals who've operated at the top of the game can see a bit more than Joe Averages like you and I.

Also, I doubt Traore is the main target this window, rather just the first one we can probably get done. Let's see how it's panned out in three weeks before panning the new structure too much.

The positives he does have is a defender will have to watch him and he can break lines/draw defenders out.

Im not convinced, but I’m not against it.

if it’s swapping him for Bergwijn it’s not really a loss
I don’t agree with that at all . If you have nil end product the breaking lines and drawing defenders is irrelevant. He gives the ball away or kicks it out of play.

He is a player that I look at and think how did you get to the elite level.

Maybe.
Or maybe the very talented professionals who've operated at the top of the game can see a bit more than Joe Averages like you and I.

Also, I doubt Traore is the main target this window, rather just the first one we can probably get done. Let's see how it's panned out in three weeks before panning the new structure too much.

You don’t need to be talented to see what a decent player is. Joe averages who have played and watched football since they are knee high can see what Traore does and brings to a side.Not a lot

Back