• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Does anybody else think you could do an Antonio and convert the bugger to a centre forward?

or am I just losing the plot again…

1) Wolves need to keep main man
Wolves felt undermined by the officials following a third straight league defeat but another electric performance should raise a few questions about their direction of travel under Bruno Lage. Unsurprisingly, Adama Traoré was at the centre of their front-foot display, repeatedly making a mockery of the price tags attached to the Manchester United defence and setting up a couple of golden openings. Wolves are in the relegation zone after three matches but it is hard to see them staying there. Traoré, Trincão and Raúl Jiménez caused no end of problems, before Daniel Podence arrived off the bench to provide further ammunition. Traoré is wanted by Tottenham before Tuesday’s transfer deadline but Lage was bullish when asked whether the winger would be staying put. “Adama’s future is not a question for me,” said the Wolves manager. “I see a player every day happy and working hard. I’m very happy with him.”

I wanted us to buy Antonio years ago as backup for and/or to play with Kane.

If the manager wants Traore, let's try and get him.

Bet you has plenty telling you he's rubbish, cardinal rule any one playing for Woolwich, Chelsea, United, Liverpool or West Ham are rubbish.

Does anybody else think you could do an Antonio and convert the bugger to a centre forward?

No, because the skill sets are different.
Antonio was always a good finisher and powerful; he's just stepped it up to being a smarter striker in his movement and how he uses his physicality.

I don't see the same finishing from Traore. As a youngster he was always good with the ball at his feet, but seemed to lack decision making. If we improve his mid range shots, it could give the strikers lots of rebounds to gobble up.

Reactions: DTA

He's shown zero composure or ability to hit a barn door, so is probably a perfect fit for our back up striker criteria.

The idea is definitely growing on me. Surely the chaos he causes can only help Kane and Son?

Only caught the Wolves-Utd game on MOTD but IMO he did all he personally could to assist others. There was one where he went the length of the pitch and chose the correct pass (forward dragged shot wide) then another where he managed to pull 3 defenders to him and 2 other forwards were left in acres. Could see Kane and Son having a lot of fun with him.

Im not saying he is perfect but the guy has an X factor about him, and if he was the finished article he certainly wouldn’t be coming to Spurs for 40m.

There’s also also the fact that he’s fit, premier league ready, and appears to have a decent attitude (particularly if teaming up with Nuno again).

That last part is sometimes taken for granted but is definitely something we get wrong a fair bit!

Go back to 2007 and the exact same comments of "loads of fuss for nothing", "one trick pony" etc were being made of Ashley Young and his "not being good enough for Spurs". The 2007 Spurs version, mind you!! I guess we all know how that panned out....

Go back to 2007 and the exact same comments of "loads of fuss for nothing", "one trick pony" etc were being made of Ashley Young and his "not being good enough for Spurs". The 2007 Spurs version, mind you!! I guess we all know how that panned out....
Do not remember those comments on here

Again, like against us, he put it on a plate for his team mates and they missed the target. Has to be frustrating for the guy because if Wolves had converted even a quarter of the chances he created for them he would be top assister so far this season.

Umm yeah I don't recall that being the conversation re Ashley Young at all. There may have been some doubts but I recall most fans being pretty disappointed we didn't get him ahead Villa. He was seen as the missing link at the time.

Back