• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

This guy is great, he can take on any defender and make a fool out of him. He would go straight in out top 3 players at the club. No goals? We have Kane and Sonny for that. There is this guy that others can't defend, and we are talking about players that can't dribble their grandmas to save their lifes as a good prospect.

It can't be just the strikers he plays with that explains his lack of assists over the years, that would be far too convenient.

He was a pain last week but didn't create one real clear cut chance and hit the corner flag from a shot and missed a 1 on 1, for the second week.

It's a no from me

I just watched Traore vs United. He did loads of good stuff and got the crowd roaring... but... didn't... quite... do anything

Yup. Big brawny galoot battering past hapless Fred and others but never delivered the killer pass or shot. Watched this game just to see what he could do. It wasn't enough. Ran out of gas after an hour or so.

Would you play Traore as a wing-back in a game like today?

Tanganga could play as one of 3 CBs.

Tanganga actually got forward quite a bit, but I think Reguilon being watchful of Sarr, made us a little unbalanced, and it was easier to defend Tanganga and Son as we didn't commit to much down our left for fear of Sarr.

He was at his usual wastfull best AGAIN, never seen a player who promises a lot but actually delivers very little.

Tanganga actually got forward quite a bit, but I think Reguilon being watchful of Sarr, made us a little unbalanced, and it was easier to defend Tanganga and Son as we didn't commit to much down our left for fear of Sarr.
NO
He can’t last more than 60 mins… he is a sprinter with very very good dribbling skills. That’s him
He is battering ram
He could be effective I have to say but I just think for the money there is better out there

No, one of the differences for me between Nuno & Jose is we play 10-15 yards higher up the pitch with Nuno (and it makes a huge difference)

If we were to have Traore, he needs to stay up the pitch as a winger, he actually can hold on to the ball, so is an outlet as well as threat.

But his main use is to create chaos, make the opposition uncomfortable, get them to double up that will create space elsewhere to exploit.

And he should never play more than 60-70 minutes, then you have the option of a Lucas, Bergwijn, Gil running at tired defenders (you saw what Lucas did late in a game today), alternatively you could have Traore come on with 20 minutes to go.

The question is, does what he brings, the speed, strength (very hard to see us physically bullied with him in team) and width, is that worth the price?

NO
He can’t last more than 60 mins… he is a sprinter with very very good dribbling skills. That’s him
He is battering ram
He could be effective I have to say but I just think for the money there is better out there

I don't think we were willing to spend that much on him. May have been 40m but on our terms paying off when we want. There is no doubt he would create chances for us, and there is no doubt he offers something quite unique. In open games he can play through the middle and in closed ones like today Traore would offer a lot more than Tanganga getting around the back. I was a bit disappointed by how we used the left wing today, should have been working the ball around the left and right side of their box to open up their compact defense.

Would you sanction 40m + Doherty for Traore? Say 15m now, the rest in stages and clauses.

Yes we need a CF, and if Aurier and Ndombele are off, a RB and CM more.

I don't think we were willing to spend that much on him. May have been 40m but on our terms paying off when we want. There is no doubt he would create chances for us, and there is no doubt he offers something quite unique. In open games he can play through the middle and in closed ones like today Traore would offer a lot more than Tanganga getting around the back. I was a bit disappointed by how we used the left wing today, should have been working the ball around the left and right side of their box to open up their compact defense.
I’d got for Saint Maxim or Sarr from Watford myself

Would you sanction 40m + Doherty for Traore? Say 15m now, the rest in stages and clauses.

Yes we need a CF, and if Aurier and Ndombele are off, a RB and CM more.

It's back to a question someone else asked.

Doesn't really matter wtf I think, does Nuno think this guy is a critical piece of his system? if so, yes. If he's a nice to have = no

It's back to a question someone else asked.

Doesn't really matter wtf I think, does Nuno think this guy is a critical piece of his system? if so, yes. If he's a nice to have = no
That’s the answer
We have to back the manager if we can
If Nuno has a plan for him who are we to argue
And if he was to join he will get backed by the fans, that’s for sure

Back