• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adama Traore

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
Spurs interested in signing him according to ITKers (who actually get something right now and then) and also according to Ally Gold.

The desire for Traore, Sarr and those Cristiano Ronaldo links

Adama Traore is a player who gets the fans excited. The 25-year-old Spaniard comes with great pace and ridiculous strength and he can beat an opponent with ease.

The problem often comes what happens after he does that. For someone with those physical attributes and a fair bit of skill on the ball, he should be tearing teams apart.

Instead his end product is relatively poor. Last season he played 41 times for Wolves and managed just three assists, scoring three times.

Tottenham's own wingers struggled at times last season but Steven Bergwijn had seven assists in just 35 matches, with more Premier League assists (four) in almost half the games Traore played in.

Lucas Moura registered eight assists - plus nine goals - in his 50 games, while even Dele Alli, despite his reduced game time had five assists and three goals across all competitions from 29 appearances.

Traore's abilities should be bringing far more of an end product.

In his Premier League years so far, he provided two assists in his first season with Aston Villa, one in his second campaign with Middlesbrough, 10 in the Championship with Wolves, one in his return to the Premier League with Espirito Santo's side, while the following season brought a career best nine before those three in the last campaign.

He is yet to provide an assist in the 180 minutes he has played this season against Leicester and Tottenham despite all of the excitement he brings when he's on the ball.

However, sometimes it's not about the stats or the end product, it's simply about the feeling a manager or head coach has for a player.

Tottenham are expected to try to bring Traore to the club in the final eight days of the transfer window because, without putting too fine a point on it, Espirito Santo loves him.

"I think Wolves have a very good team and created us enormous problems, big big problems. One of those was Adama. Everyone knows Adama is unique and he's very hard to stop," admitted the Portuguese on Sunday afternoon.

The other key element in the interest is that Paratici is also a big fan of the player and is understood to have offered more than £50m to Wolves to try to sign him when he was at Juventus.

There has been talk of a loan to buy move and the belief among Espirito Santo and Paratici is that within a team that can boast, on paper, more attacking talent around Traore, his ability to draw two to three players to him because of the fear and the need to doubling up he creates, will create space galore for his team-mates to profit in.

While his arrival would seem to block the path of at least one or two of the other wingers that include Bergwijn, who pulled off a sublime bit of skill before setting up Kane for a big chance in a good performance, Lucas Moura or new signing Bryan Gil, there is also the option mooted within the club that he instead replaces Son's position as a winger in order to push the latter further up the pitch.

That would mean changing the system to a two up front with the South Korean up alongside Kane, in a partnership that brought plenty of success for both last season. Traore is also able to play as a support striker if required through the middle.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...o-sarr-21377823.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Always a handful but this guy's goals and assists record over the years is lousy! Surprised we'd blow most of our budget on him when we've been after another goalscorer all summer!

2Cq.gif

This feels like such a mid table move. We need some real quality, not just someone that creates a bit of chaos and gets easily excitable fans on their feet.

I do hope this does not happen, 216 games and only 16 goals ( five of then in the championship), pace to burn but nothing between his ears.

Very much like Antonio for me, who seems to be ageing very well. If he could remotely finish he could be incredible.

I wouldn’t be distraught if he signed, but wouldn’t be doing cartwheels either.

So him setting up his team mates for opportunities and them not hitting the target is his fault?

If our first 11 was pretty much sorted, maybe he'd be great as another attacking option but apart from Son and Kane (if he's still here) there are not enough goals in our side as it is!!!!

Looks like a phenomenal player but no end product. Surprised Nuno wants him given he had Traore for years and often left him on the bench presumably because of his lack of end product.

Dunno how I feel about this. I don't want him based on what I've seen but I'd love him based on what I think he could be if he could finish or pick a final ball.

Truth of the matter is many made their mind up on Traore a long time ago. And they can't revise their opinion :) Yes he can't finish or pass as well as he should. But he brings something very few players can. He can pull a defence out of position. He can beat a man for fun, and personally I think he could work on his finishing and develop an ability to cut in from the left-wing and finish on his right foot. When teams show him down the wing, forwards need to be ready for a cut back from him. This is not rocket science. The hard part is what he is naturally good at - beating a man and making room for a shot or a pass.

I wanted him when villa were relegated as an alternative to NKoudu and GNK and then again when we missed out on Mane and Poch wanted someone to "punch through" a defense (we ended up with Sissoko!). Most couldn't see any talent calling him a sprinter :) which I couldn't understand as he clearly has a unique ability. Its not polished, and his end product needs improvement which should come from him actually slowing down a little, but his talent is undeniable.

Back