• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Adam Johnson Case - Post Sensibly

Your mum is 15? Your daughters boyfriend had done time, after they met at 6th form in the forties?

Some serious corruption of the space time continuum has gone on here i fear!!!

But luckily he tracked down a scientist friend who harnessed a bolt of lightning to send his Delorean back to the present time ;)

Last edited:
I kind of agree: either people are free to live a normal life after leaving prison or they aren't -- it's not logical to say that it depends on the crime.

The caveat is when a job has some level of public brand / celebrity, then it's up to the employer.

He should be free to play football if anyone wants him imo.

My take is, he has been punished and he should now be allowed to continue his life.

The morals behind all these types of "crimes" are conflicting IMO, if she had been 16 by one minute it would be fine, this just feels wrong.

BUT please I'm not explaining this difficult subject well.
That is how our system is supposed to work.
If anyone doesn't like, they should use all that energy to change back to a Draconian system.
But until then, he has served punishment and should be given equal opportunities as any other member of society.

That is how our system is supposed to work.
If anyone doesn't like, they should use all that energy to change back to a Draconian system.
But until then, he has served punishment and should be given equal opportunities as any other member of society.[/QUOTE]

... who is on the sex offender’s register.

Rightly or wrongly being on the register will naturally prevent full equal opportunity for him.

Indeed.
Maybe I should have been more clear, but I meant he should not be disadvantaged outside of the scope of the law and the judicial system.

Denying someone their profession when it has nothing to do with the offence is hardly likely to facilitate rehabilitation, which is part of our justice system. If some one loses their means of earning money they either become a burden on the state or turn to other ways of making money. In this particular case, he probably has enough money to survive, but the general principle still applies.

Placing him on the sex offenders register is to protect the vulnerable, not to further punish him. This will inevitably affect employment in some areas, where there is contact with young or vulnerable people, e.g. as a teacher, but being a footballer is an isolated job. Where there could be a risk it is easily mitigated, by restricting contact with youth teams, excluding from school visits and mentorship programmes.

Ultimately the question has to be is he more likely to reoffend if he is allowed to continue his career, giving him something to focus on, or if he is denied the profession chose, probably the only one he has qualifications for, and left without what his main motivation in life and with time to fill. The question is not how do we continue to punish this brick because we don't like him and what he did. He has completed his punishment in the eyes of the law and the sex offenders list is to protect the vulnerable, not to continue punishment.

If he gets back into football.....slim chance...and is on the list,what happens when they walk out with a load of club mascots on their arm,does he have to walk on his own twenty yards back??

If he gets back into football.....slim chance...and is on the list,what happens when they walk out with a load of club mascots on their arm,does he have to walk on his own twenty yards back??
At least if he ever has disciplinary problems, there’s no chance he’d ever be ‘made to train with the kids’....

My take is, he has been punished and he should now be allowed to continue his life.

The morals behind all these types of "crimes" are conflicting IMO, if she had been 16 by one minute it would be fine, this just feels wrong.

BUT please I'm not explaining this difficult subject well.

I agree with this personally. People will ref to the law and he is guilty, but if you step back and use abit of sense, like you say she was 15 and the difference between 15 and 16 is not huge if at all. What a man of that age is doing with a 15 year old I dont know but its not that bad in my opinion.

I agree with this personally. People will ref to the law and he is guilty, but if you step back and use abit of sense, like you say she was 15 and the difference between 15 and 16 is not huge if at all. What a man of that age is doing with a 15 year old I dont know but its not that bad in my opinion.

There's not a lot of difference bewteen 15 and 16, but by definition she was a child and at that age is extrememly impressionable, Johnson knew this and decided to act predatory toward her and look to exploit her fascination toward him for his own sexual gains, that's just morally wrong whatever way you try to look at it and criminal.

I do agree he's done his time and now should be allowed to reintegrate into society.

Just let him hold hands with the ginger one - nobody cares about them.

Nothing wrong with a redhead my good man.

Last edited:
Back