• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Aaron Lennon

Enough respect to the guy. I remember when he broke into the team. Routledge had been stinking the joint up and in came Lennon - Next thing I saw was something rare in the English game - a winger that could dribble at pace. That first season is forever stamped in my mind next to the winner against Mourinho's Chelsea.

Good luck Azza. One of my favourite players over the past 10 years. £1m value for a player that gave us 10 years of service. Now that is value for money.

Honestly I hope he tears it up at Everton and shows he's far from finished.

Pathetic statement on the club website. 10 years. And this is all he gets. Just isn't right.
------------
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/lennon-joins-everton-010915/

A League Cup winner with us in 2008, Aaron joined us from Leeds United in July, 2005, and made 362 appearances in our colours, scoring 30 goals.

The winger joined Everton on loan in February and went on to play 16 times for the Goodison Park side, scoring twice.

We wish Aaron all the best for the future.

He should have been on the verge of his testimonial, not ushered out with a pathetically inane club statement and the cha-ching of the cash register being contentedly shut. Whatever his faults, he deserves a better send-off than this.

Damn, that statement makes me angry.

Agreed. It's pathetic, really. I hope the guy gets the testimonial he deserves.

For reference, here's Paulinho's statment. It's basically the same, bar the part about a loan spell. It doesn't need to be fudging dingdongens, but he deserves more than a copy and paste job.

————————

We have concluded the agreement with Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for the transfer of Paulinho.

Signed from Corinthians in July, 2013, Paulinho made a total of 67 appearances for the Club in all competitions and scored 10 goals.

We wish Paulinho all the best for the future.

Good luck Azza. One of my favourite players over the past 10 years. £1m value for a player that gave us 10 years of service. Now that is value for money.

Honestly I hope he tears it up at Everton and shows he's far from finished.

I couldn't agree more

I can only guess that he must have done something pretty bad to blot his copybook

What could he possibly do that's worth reducing 364 appearances for us in all competitions over an entire decade to a single generic sentence in a pathetically disinterested statement?

Daws was our skipper and wasn't ostracized from the squad for alleged behaviour detrimental to squad morale.

Detrimental to squad morale? Dammit, he gave us, the fans, so much happiness over ten long years, so many great moments and happy memories to look back on. He scored at the San Siro, for Christ's sake. I couldn't give a damn if he shagged Poch's wife, these statements and gestures made when a player departs are for us, the fans, not the mostly random johnnies who inhabit a Spurs shirt at any given moment. And he deserves better than this.

Sod squad morale.

What could he possibly do that's worth reducing 364 appearances for us in all competitions over an entire decade to a single generic sentence in a pathetically disinterested statement?

We might follow it up with something more tomorrow.

I am sorry that it has ended like this for Lennon. He has been one of my favourite players of the last ten years.

We might follow it up with something more tomorrow.

I am sorry that it has ended like this for Lennon. He has been one of my favourite players of the last ten years.

I sincerely hope the club does follow this up. It would be a pathetic display otherwise. And yes, I'm sorry that Azza's left like this as well - and I won't forget what he did for us over ten long, memorable years.

Detrimental to squad morale? Dammit, he gave us, the fans, so much happiness over ten long years, so many great moments and happy memories to look back on. He scored at the San Siro, for Christ's sake. I couldn't give a damn if he shagged Poch's wife, these statements and gestures made when a player departs are for us, the fans, not the mostly random johnnies who inhabit a Spurs shirt at any given moment. And he deserves better than this.

Sod squad morale.

I agree that for us fans he was a fantastic player who was a major part of some ecstatic recent memories. That being said, this Club is (and has been for a while) vile when it comes to how it treats players. They were disgusting to Pat Jennings (so much so that he went to Ar5ena1) and Micky Hazard to name but two. Expecting them to behave with a touch of class is a waste of all of our time.

Back