• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A quick dash back from Turf Bore

paxtonwolf

Clive Allen
Dear oh dear oh dear. I sympathize with those that made the long drive up from the South, talk about chalk and chese in the last 2 matches.
Getting stuck in the mud on the cricket pitch car park before kick-off was about as enjoyable as that first half. At last Harry gave them a bit of a lift when he came on, but taking off Soldado seemed a strange on, we seemed to lose control of the match once he went off.

Still in it I suppose, but a replay we could, and should have avoided

Poor turnout by the home fans, crowd about 10k, 2500 from spurs. Away fans subdued in the 1st half, singing perked up after the break, good turnout though considering the circumstances.

Personally thought Dembele had a good game but did fade late on, Chiriches gave me the jitters all night, while Vorm needs to practice his kicking

Few a loose passes early doors, would say just steady. Something had to change at HT, and as Dembele was the best of the midfield trio for me, it was either Stambouli or Paulinho that had to make way. I assume Poch thought Paulinho offered the biggest threat which is why he stayed on.
I was little annoyed Eriksen didnt take the game by the scruff of the neck.

IMO, Eriksen isn't really a 'scruff of the neck' type, I don't think he runs/controls a game. But I do think he impacts games with moments of quality, he is a match-winner. That's not a criticism of him, just an observation -- I'm very happy that he's a match-winner (although not the finished article yet).

You can't cover other stuff when he's playing, training or doing something.

Oh haha you're spot on mate never thought of that! I swear they done something to my brain in surgery my ability to read between the lines has gone from bad to none!! :)

Such a lack of media coverage for this - feels like 1992 and teletext all over again.

Resorting to Bradley Allen on BBC Radio London - it's been a while. I suppose as our U16 coach, he's fairly informed about our players.

To be fair, the game was pretty inevitable. We played 9 games in a month, culminating in the massively draining Chelsea win. We rested 7 players. The important thing was we didn't lose (which we've tended to do in the 3rd round quite a lot in recent years).

Away wins in the FA Cup where a home replay has been a possibility have been something of a rarity under ENIC, though. By my count, only 3 out of 18 games, when we've been drawn away, have been won at the first time of asking, with 7 going back to White Hart Lane. Contrast that with the League Cup, in which a home replay hasn't been a possibility, where we've won 12 out of 17 away in the same period (with only one tie requiring extra time). Probably several factors at work there, but I shouldn't be surprised if one of them was the fact that the club don't exactly turn their noses up at the extra gate revenue.

Away wins in the FA Cup where a home replay has been a possibility have been something of a rarity under ENIC, though. By my count, only 3 out of 18 games, when we've been drawn away, have been won at the first time of asking, with 7 going back to White Hart Lane. Contrast that with the League Cup, in which a home replay hasn't been a possibility, where we've won 12 out of 17 away in the same period (with only one tie requiring extra time). Probably several factors at work there, but I shouldn't be surprised if one of them was the fact that the club don't exactly turn their noses up at the extra gate revenue.

I'm coming round to the thinking that all replays should be abolished. Just sort them on the night - extra time and penalties.

I also don't like the two-legged LC semis. I'd much rather they were just drawn or played on a neutral ground - and a proper midway one, e.g. us-Sheff U at Leicester or Milton Keynes, and Chelsea-Liverpool at Villa Park or St Andrews. H & A ties should be reserved for European competitions.

I'm coming round to the thinking that all replays should be abolished. Just sort them on the night - extra time and penalties.

I also don't like the two-legged LC semis. I'd much rather they were just drawn or played on a neutral ground - and a proper midway one, e.g. us-Sheff U at Leicester or Milton Keynes, and Chelsea-Liverpool at Villa Park or St Andrews. H & A ties should be reserved for European competitions.

Good point. Neutral semis in the FA Cup will never be reinstated because of the money it brings in for Wembley/FA, but they could revive these for the League Cup.

Back