• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A Manager should know what players to buy..............

We are Tottenham

Kasey Keller
Have we let this window fly by ..where everyone else has strengthened?

wow..................................................................................................................................................

I,m worried about this for the future..........anyway............... a few more hours to still to go...LOL

Sherwood: No moves from Spurs

http://www.football365.com/tottenham-hotspur/9143608/Transfer-news-Tim-Sherwood-rules-out-any-moves-from-Tottenham-on-deadline-day

Excert from above article :-

"The Spurs coach has allowed Lewis Holtby to join Fulham on loan and will lose Jermain Defoe when the striker moves to Toronto at the end of February.

However, he says he is very happy with the strength of his squad heading into the last four months of the season.

"It's very very unlikely, unless something dramatic happens," said Sherwood. "Certainly I'm happy with the squad, happy with the numbers. If the window closed now I'd be fine."

Sherwood revealed that chairman Daniel Levy had offered to fund any deals, adding: "To be fair, Daniel's always asking: 'Are you sure you don't need to strengthen in this area? Can I help you in this or that area?'. I'm saying: 'Look, I'm confident in the players we've got and I don't need any help to strengthen, thanks very much'.

"I've said from day one that we've got a lot of players at the club, and I've not changed my opinions just because it's deadline day"

Note the part in bold. To be honest I thought Baldini should be the one asking TS whether he wants certain areas strengthened...not Levy..

Personally I don't want any new players now..we have enough new blood around to try and settle in..

Last edited:
Don't know how much stock I'd put in that statement. If Sherwood is happy with a front four of Defoe, Kane, Soldado and Ade, then I suppose there's no doing business there, even if Defoe is due to leave in March which will leave us with just the three strikers. But to not sign a left-back is criminal given Rose's travails and the pressing need for a competent back-up.

Sigh. We'll probably waste this window and finish fifth or sixth, leading Levy to sack Sherwood and try to find someone else, and then that will go up in flames when the new man begs for reinforcements in January and gets either nothing or 2015's equivalent of Saha and Nelsen, leading to a fifth or sixth placed finish by May, leading to Levy sacking him, leading to Levy trying to find someone else.....

Have we let this window fly by ..where everyone else has strengthened?
wow..................................................................................................................................................

I,m worried about this for the future..........anyway............... a few more hours to still to go...LOL

Have they? I see no major signings for any teams around us in the table or did I miss the Messi and Ronaldo to Everton thread.

Have they? I see no major signings for any teams around us in the table or did I miss the Messi and Ronaldo to Everton thread.

Well Mata comesv to mind...and hav' nt Liverpool bought a player....**** are looking to buy as well....+ we lost 5-1 a couple of days ago innit.

Well Mata comesv to mind...and hav' nt Liverpool bought a player....**** are looking to buy as well....+ we lost 5-1 a couple of days ago innit.

Mata to Utd yeah so one deal done, the rest are all newspaper talk until the contract is signed.

I still think there are holes in our squad that need to be filled. A left back, a center back with pace, a central midfielder who can pass the ball and a striker, but I appreciate that it can be difficult to get what you want and who you need in January.

I hope we won't sell/loan out any more squad players, though. Surely we must have learned from two seasons ago when we got rid of several squad players at this time of year, and weakened our squad when we really should have tried to sign that one quality player or two and, who knows, perhaps challenged for the title.

I still think there are holes in our squad that need to be filled. A left back, a center back with pace, a central midfielder who can pass the ball and a striker, but I appreciate that it can be difficult to get what you want and who you need in January.

I hope we won't sell/loan out any more squad players, though. Surely we must have learned from two seasons ago when we got rid of several squad players at this time of year, and weakened our squad when we really should have tried to sign that one quality player or two and, who knows, perhaps challenged for the title.

I agree we need to get in some players for certain positions but buying for the sake of buying doesn't work. Would you sooner we bide our time in the summer and get the right LB or get a LB now and find he's no good.

Just sign any one.....we will be relegated if we dont.........

Every one PANIC....

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

No Left back is disgusting... I just don;t understand us buying a hundred midfielders and no left back makes any sense...

Back