• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

A Look in the mirror

Raziel

Les Medley
Not sure if the mods will let this live as a separate thread, but its not aimed at AVB, next manager, Levy, etc.

I look at the threads and reactions today, relief, disaster, uncertainty, people speaking of merry go rounds, who's fault, should AVB have stayed, should Harry have stayed, should BMJ have stayed, another system comes and goes, who's fault, why is Spurs, why is football like this where Pardew and Rodgers are senior managers in the PL?

My comment is we (include myself), need to take a long hard look in the mirror, chairmen did not go crazy overnight, their customers have, WE are the ones demanding instant success, must have CL, etc, etc. Lots of the posters who now question Levy were the loudest when results didn't go right (win/lose/style of play) under BMJ/Harry/AVB, not to mention those who just admit "I don't like the manager for personal reasons"

I despise Pool, scummy club, scummy fans with a victim mentality, yet the one quality their fans solely seem to have is a willingness to back the manager. I laugh at the suggestions that we missed out on Rodgers, did you recall his season last year? this entire board and most Spurs fans would have been calling for his head.

So in 6 months, when the next guy gets two bad results in a row, or wins 2-0 but without any flair and you jeer, boo, jump on GG and knee jerk, remember you create the world we live in.

Not sure if the mods will let this live as a separate thread, but its not aimed at AVB, next manager, Levy, etc.

I look at the threads and reactions today, relief, disaster, uncertainty, people speaking of merry go rounds, who's fault, should AVB have stayed, should Harry have stayed, should BMJ have stayed, another system comes and goes, who's fault, why is Spurs, why is football like this where Pardew and Rodgers are senior managers in the PL?

My comment is we (include myself), need to take a long hard look in the mirror, chairmen did not go crazy overnight, their customers have, WE are the ones demanding instant success, must have CL, etc, etc. Lots of the posters who now question Levy were the loudest when results didn't go right (win/lose/style of play) under BMJ/Harry/AVB, not to mention those who just admit "I don't like the manager for personal reasons"

I despise Pool, scummy club, scummy fans with a victim mentality, yet the one quality their fans solely seem to have is a willingness to back the manager. I laugh at the suggestions that we missed out on Rodgers, did you recall his season last year? this entire board and most Spurs fans would have been calling for his head.

So in 6 months, when the next guy gets two bad results in a row, or wins 2-0 but without any flair and you jeer, boo, jump on GG and knee jerk, remember you create the world we live in.

Let me just say that I agree 100% and leave it with that.

So you think its just two bad results? People who dont see the bigger picture will see it as two or three bad results. People who do see the bigger picture will see those results as a culmination of poor performance, insanely poor tactics and players who are talented who appear to be unhappy and yes you can see that in terms of how they are playing.

I look at the mirror when I pay £900 a season. Im sure Levy has seen what we have all seen, not just two orthree results but a culmination of what can only be described as poor performances.

By the way this is coming from a guy who, although was not AVBs biggest fan, would have been 'happy' had he stayed till end of the season.

Yesterday we could very easily have lost 8-9 nil at home? Unable to string a couple of passes together and not being able to have a single shot on target in 90mins? Nobody is basing their outrage on just one game but after yesterday you had to act whether to keep AVB while interviewing other managers like with Jol or just boot him out.

I dont get the idea of giving a manager/player unlimited time for the sake of it, you have to see the quality or potential to believe that they are heading in the right direction.

The problem is that AVB's success came at the expense of flair and style. The game is not about Glory the way that AVB played it.

I liked AVB the man, just not the manager.

The comparison with Rodgers at Liverpool is different. The Liverpool fans could all see the system he was trying to create at Liverpool. AVB i didn't understand what he was trying to achieve here? He doesn't even know his best team yet. We talk about gelling the team but we hardly played the same team over two games.

AVB may have had a mission in his head but neither the fans, players and board could see it.

I liked AVB the man, just not the manager.

The comparison with Rodgers at Liverpool is different. The Liverpool fans could all see the system he was trying to create at Liverpool. AVB i didn't understand what he was trying to achieve here? He doesn't even know his best team yet. We talk about gelling the team but we hardly played the same team over two games.

AVB may have had a mission in his head but neither the fans, players and board could see it.

I don't understand why AVB didn't at some point give an interview to the official site and explain exactly what his philosophy was, how he ultimately wanted us to play, the steps we would have to go through to get us there etc. Would have gotten more people on his side because the idea that they couldn't see what he was trying to achieve is a common one.

I don't understand why AVB didn't at some point give an interview to the official site and explain exactly what his philosophy was, how he ultimately wanted us to play, the steps we would have to go through to get us there etc. Would have gotten more people on his side because the idea that they couldn't see what he was trying to achieve is a common one.

Very true, would have helped with everyone's concerns. Maybe he didn't know the best way to play with the players he was given? He seemed way to stubborn to change which annoyed me the most.

I dont think Levy gives a **** about what most fans think. His plan to move to Stratford showed that.

This is what Levy on the day he appointed AVB

"He has an outstanding reputation for his technical knowledge of the game and for creating well-organised teams capable of playing football in an attractive and attacking style."

Levy has seen that reputation up close and AVB's team was not well organised or attractive.

I think he was sacked not because of two results but simply because of the manor of performances since he was put in charge. To dare is to do.

I think he was sacked not because of two results but simply because of the manor of performances since he was put in charge. To dare is to do.

That you believe a chairman would echo a club motto rather than results is a little naive.

Levy is here to win above all else.

Because if you take into account all the results, he's the best manager we've had for a very long time.

He was only in charge for a year and a half, didn't get top 4, didn't win a trophy so how can you say he's been our best manager? Do you realise that we could get our best ever points total again this season but finish 8th?

He was only in charge for a year and a half, didn't get top 4, didn't win a trophy so how can you say he's been our best manager? Do you realise that we could get our best ever points total again this season but finish 8th?

We could. Which would represent our best performance (based on points) in the history of the club. I read somewhere that AVB's win percentage has been boosted by our Eurpoa League performances which are by and large against ****e opposition.

That you believe a chairman would echo a club motto rather than results is a little naive.

Levy is here to win above all else.

Yes he is here to win.. obviously

He did it when he took over. Remember it wasn't too long ago he got rid of 1-0 Gooner Graham for super sexy Yid idol Hoddle.. Graham won us a cup don't you know!!

He s also thinking about what keeps himself as owner too.

If this **** gets nasty in the next few games you watch him trot out those stadium plans and announce to the world how great he is.

We could. Which would represent our best performance (based on points) in the history of the club. I read somewhere that AVB's win percentage has been boosted by our Eurpoa League performances which are by and large against ****e opposition.

But don't you have to judge it also by league position and the comparitive strength of the rest of the teams in the league? For example, the league is quite weak and open this season, Emirates Marketing Project blistering at home but poor away, Chelsea look average and United are a shadow of the side they were last season. I just don't attach as much importance to the points total as others I guess. We have to judge our progress but also compare it to our rivals.

Yes he is here to win.. obviously

He did it when he took over. Remember it wasn't too long ago he got rid of 1-0 Gooner Graham for super sexy Yid idol Hoddle.. Graham won us a cup don't you know!!

He s also thinking about what keeps himself as owner too.

If this **** gets nasty in the next few games you watch him trot out those stadium plans and announce to the world how great he is.

Are you serious?

Graham was obviously a goner, going for Hoddle made sense from a footballing perspective I thought.

What keeps him as the (part) owner and chairman? You need only look to Saudi Sportswashing Machine to see what an owner/chairman can actually get away with and stay in power. That's because owners own the club.

What do you mean by trotting out stadium plans?

But don't you have to judge it also by league position and the comparitive strength of the rest of the teams in the league? For example, the league is quite weak and open this season, Emirates Marketing Project blistering at home but poor away, Chelsea look average and United are a shadow of the side they were last season. I just don't attach as much importance to the points total as others I guess. We have to judge our progress but also compare it to our rivals.

At this point AVB is history, his points record and his win record and whatever else.

Would you agree that if our next manager surpasses AVB's points record in the league next season that would be a really good thing?

Back