• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

50% sell on fee for Caulker

Well we were no where near as poor defensively then we have been this season. Would much rather have Caulker than Dawson and Caulker has been one of the best defenders in the league this season.

I hope you're both right about the summer.

Baldini has his work cut out for him, good centre backs will be massively in demand come the summer.

Not taking part in any Chiriches bashing here, but he's obviously needed time to adjust to the Premier League. Baldini must look to do better this summer.

I think Chirches was always bought to be 4th choice this season/a long term replacement for Verts.

The guy who should go for to be our long-term successor to Kaboul/Dawson is Bruno Martins Indi. Although LVG will now probably take him to United to replace Vidic.

I think Chirches was always bought to be 4th choice this season/a long term replacement for Verts.

The guy who should go for to be our long-term successor to Kaboul/Dawson is Bruno Martins Indi. Although LVG will now probably take him to United to replace Vidic.

That's probably right about Vlad, and I still have high hopes for him. To me that makes some sense, although it does mean that either we went into the season assuming that Kaboul would regain his fitness and form or that Dawson would be our first choice next to Vertonghen?

I still think that if we do sell Vertonghen this season we have to get someone in that can start performing a lot quicker.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-signing-Cardiff-defender-Steven-Caulker.html

It is the mail and they give out transfer stories just to get clicks on their pages to raise their profile. But the links of Liverpool and caulker keep happening from different sources. Wonder if the is something in it.

For me I would love us to sign Joe Gomes at Charlton, youngin but going to be a star trust me.

Not another Gomes - please!

Seriously though, I said at the time it was a mistake to sell Caulker. Think he would have been better than any one of our CBs this season.

A full season of Caulker with Verts alongside and both played in their correct positions would have solved a lot of our defensive problems IMO - and we may even have scored a few from corners too!

DM linking us with him and Marshall as well. I can think of worse GK's if Lloris leaves. Or if he would be happy being understudy to Hugo at £6m I would go get him

Yeah, I'd have Marshall in an instant if we needed to replace Lloris. We'd probably have enough money left over from selling Lloris to buy Caulker and still have loose change anyway

Plus it would be 2 more home-grown towards the quota, which we might need if we are considering selling Dawson, Livermore and one of Townsend/Lennon

Hindsight is always a luxury. We got a very good offer for Caulker and at the beginning of the season I don't think anyone said he was more than a backup and squad cover. When he played last season he was anywhere from average to worse.

Hindsight is always a luxury. We got a very good offer for Caulker and at the beginning of the season I don't think anyone said he was more than a backup and squad cover. When he played last season he was anywhere from average to worse.

I don't often refer to my previous posts but myself and a few others did say we should keep him. He continues to be underestimated here just because he came through the ranks. When he first came back i said he was great from set peices and a goal threat and I was dismissed. He has proven to be a really good threat from set pieces and that is something we severely lack. He is good on the ball and is getting better and better.

If its true he has a clause to leave and we have a 50% of any sale it makes total sense to get him back. BUT I would only buy him if Verts is leaving. he likes to play on the left of the pairing. So along with Chriches he needs to be part of that two only if Verts goes.

What we really need is a first class defender for the right side of the pairing. A better option than Dawson.

I don't often refer to my previous posts but myself and a few others did say we should keep him. He continues to be underestimated here just because he came through the ranks. When he first came back i said he was great from set peices and a goal threat and I was dismissed. He has proven to be a really good threat from set pieces and that is something we severely lack. He is good on the ball and is getting better and better.

If its true he has a clause to leave and we have a 50% of any sale it makes total sense to get him back. BUT I would only buy him if Verts is leaving. he likes to play on the left of the pairing. So along with Chriches he needs to be part of that two only if Verts goes.

What we really need is a first class defender for the right side of the pairing. A better option than Dawson.

I would agree we need a top class CB on the right, I wouldn't be against bringing Caulker back either. I haven't looked back at posts and I am sure you and a few others were against it but the far majority seemed fine with letting him go especially as we signed Chiriches

Rather than left or right sided I'd prefer we look at complementing styles like a sweeper and an attacker.

Caulker is more in the attacker mode though he isn't bad with the ball. Him and verts or vlad would be ok though not much experience if he partners vlad. Any 2 of Dawson, kaboul or caulker would be a disaster as we have already seen this season.

Rather than left or right sided I'd prefer we look at complementing styles like a sweeper and an attacker.

Caulker is more in the attacker mode though he isn't bad with the ball. Him and verts or vlad would be ok though not much experience if he partners vlad. Any 2 of Dawson, kaboul or caulker would be a disaster as we have already seen this season.

Agreed. Wish we could find a balanced CB partnership of the calibre of Vidic + Ferdinand (in their prime) or Terry + Carvalho.

Ledley was so good that he could make just about any CB partnership work but all of our current crop have deficiencies in their game, which is why the management have to be careful about how to pair them up like you say. It doesn't help that they have all been so injury prone though.

Apparently Cardiff would have owed us £2 million if they stayed up.

He also has a release clause if he got relegated.

I really doubt we have 50% of any sale, more likely 50% of any net profit.

He played on the right side for Swansea alongside Ashley. Almost certainly his best PL season. I think he's quite flexible.

Left or right is a concern for some central defenders, but not for all.

Sweeper/attacker is certainly a valid pairing. Although I'm not sure it's a must. Who is the sweeper and who is the attacker out of Terry and Cahill for example?

I think it's more important that you have at least one player capable of organizing at the back. That can be either defender type of the two really. I think Ashley was important for Caulker for this reason more than anything.

Apparently Cardiff would have owed us £2 million if they stayed up.

He also has a release clause if he got relegated.

Interesting. Could very easily see him end up at Liverpool then as it's most likely a fee that's somewhat reasonable considering he's home grown and young with PL experience. Rodgers got a lot out of him and trusted him at Swansea.

Caulker was the only outfield player in the Premier League who didn't miss a single minute of action last season and apparently he didn't make any errors which lead to an opponent having a shot in all that time... should be an upgrade on Liverpool' gaffe prone CBs at least...

Twitter / WhoScored: Steven Caulker, Simon Mignolet, John Ruddy & Brad Guzan: Were the only ever-present players in the PL this season (3420 mins played)

1609911_10152416724189127_6288054299816515287_n.jpg

Caulker was the only outfield player in the Premier League who didn't miss a single minute of action last season and apparently he didn't make any errors which lead to an opponent having a shot in all that time.

Would have been easily fixed with just one appearance for Spurs.

Back