• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

50% sell on fee for Caulker

Caulker is simply not good enough to play for a Spurs side we aspire to.

Yet Rodgers wanted to sign him for Liverpool last summer and has spoken highly of him a couple of times, this is the manager that looks like he is about to win the league.

It may come across in this thread like I want only English players, I will set the record straight to say if I was in charge of buying players this summer we would buy begovic(if Lloris is leaving) Veltman, Blind, Claise and Bony.

So I want the best for Tottenham regardless of nationality but also believe we should bring through our own players and caulker is clearly as good as dawson and kaboul. But so many of our fans dislike home grown players in the wrongful idea that signings are always better. You see it in countless threads on here.

Sherwood changes his mind with the wind where as I am consistent in this belief as I have also been in that the worst thing at our club is Daniel Levy which I know is another opinion that does not hold much water around here.

JGL I think you may be being harsh on a lot of fans here. Personally I'd much prefer to see some of the young talent we have come through, but the downside is that they represent a risk having had little or no senior football. It is the same problem everywhere, do you buy from abroad and bring in players who have experience or do you take a punt on the kids? With the way the money is these days, clubs can't afford to fall behind their immediate competition so they opt for the quick fix.

I still would like to see 5-6 of our youth players in the first team squad for next season.

JGL I think you may be being harsh on a lot of fans here. Personally I'd much prefer to see some of the young talent we have come through, but the downside is that they represent a risk having had little or no senior football. It is the same problem everywhere, do you buy from abroad and bring in players who have experience or do you take a punt on the kids? With the way the money is these days, clubs can't afford to fall behind their immediate competition so they opt for the quick fix.

I still would like to see 5-6 of our youth players in the first team squad for next season.

Ok not a majority of fans but small vocal minority then :)

Ok not a majority of fans but small vocal minority then :)

Im with you two on this. I would like to see our youth get a chance to shine. I did not want us to sell Caulker and would love to get him back. He is better Than Dawson and Kaboul who we kept. Problem is he plays on the left of the pairing. Which is where Verts and Chiriches like to play. So if Verts was to leave then I would snap him up.

I would like to see Townsend playing more at the moment as well and it would be great if Pritchard was involved for the last two games.

We could line up like this:

----------------------Lloris--------------------

Walker------Dawson---------Caulker-------Rose

--------------------Benteleb-------------------

---------Dembele--------------Eriksen----------

--Pritchard---------------------------Townsend
-------------------Adebayor--------------------

That would be 6 players that have gone through our system. And I dont think we would be much worse than we have been this season. For me it seems we cannot seem to buy the right players. So lets try to train our younsters and save our money for the stadium. Get the stadium and extra income coming in then try and challenge.

I would happily cull our current squad to make money. Nothing changes. Sell Siggurdsson, Soldado, Chadli, Chirices, Vertonghen (if he wants out) Lloris ( if he wants out ) Lennon, Holtby etc. Get 100m back and just invest in the stadium and bring the youth through. How good is Vulkjovic? can he be one of the centrebacks in our squad? Also we would have Livermore back to challenge for a place.

Daughter

Vivienne Lewis Silverton, 40

Various websites conflicting but this is from Wikipedia which is the definitive answer. No point googling anything unless you accept Wikipedia is right.

Caulker played on the right of the CB pairing for Swansea and was usually there for us last season. This season he seems to have swapped between the two positions, but I think the reason for this is to accommodate other players. You would think that a future pairing of Caulker and Vlad could work, with both being competent on the ball. Caulker would be seen as the powerful defender out of the two. It all depends on what system we play though.

I don't think he would have done worse than any of our centre backs this season. And he's still very young.

Was a good offer and a decent deal, I do hope we're keeping an eye on him and that in addition tot he sell on clause there is some kind of buy-back arrangement or something. Or at very least that he left on good terms and could see himself come back one day.

I don't think he would have done worse than any of our centre backs this season. And he's still very young.

Was a good offer and a decent deal, I do hope we're keeping an eye on him and that in addition tot he sell on clause there is some kind of buy-back arrangement or something. Or at very least that he left on good terms and could see himself come back one day.

Seen him a few times this season, nothing I've seen says he's even close to better than any of our back four.

He was a decent option for squad, if we are going to buy a new CB, we could likely do better.

Seen him a few times this season, nothing I've seen says he's even close to better than any of our back four.

He was a decent option for squad, if we are going to buy a new CB, we could likely do better.

I haven't watched him much this season as Cardiff hasn't interested me one bit, but I did watch him a fair few times for Swansea and he looked very capable.

I think he would have been a lot more ready for the PL than Vlad has been. He most likely would have been fit a lot more than Kaboul too.

I haven't watched him much this season as Cardiff hasn't interested me one bit, but I did watch him a fair few times for Swansea and he looked very capable.

I think he would have been a lot more ready for the PL than Vlad has been. He most likely would have been fit a lot more than Kaboul too.

If he had stayed, sure, but to really go out and spend money on him now?

If he had stayed, sure, but to really go out and spend money on him now?

Not saying straight away necessarily, but he is still very young at 22. He's two years younger than Vlad. He's essentially the same age as Kaboul was when the club decided there was no hope for him and we sold him to Portsmouth. He's a similar age to what Dawson was when he signed him from the Championship.

i was really hoping he'd break through with us but when he got his chance i thought he looked quite average/poor to be honest

Have to agree with that and we could probably buy said player from the 50% sell on fee we have on Caulker when liverpool splash out £30m for him in the summer :)

Have to agree with that and we could probably buy said player from the 50% sell on fee we have on Caulker when liverpool splash out £30m for him in the summer :)

I hope you're both right about the summer.

Baldini has his work cut out for him, good centre backs will be massively in demand come the summer.

Not taking part in any Chiriches bashing here, but he's obviously needed time to adjust to the Premier League. Baldini must look to do better this summer.

I hope you're both right about the summer.

Baldini has his work cut out for him, good centre backs will be massively in demand come the summer.

Not taking part in any Chiriches bashing here, but he's obviously needed time to adjust to the Premier League. Baldini must look to do better this summer.

I'm not so sure we will have a problem. All 4 CBs have been injured at some point during the season, if we get them fit and replace Vertonghen (assuming he IS leaving) we should be fine. If Baldini is such a super scout he will already have someone in mind.

I'm not so sure we will have a problem. All 4 CBs have been injured at some point during the season, if we get them fit and replace Vertonghen (assuming he IS leaving) we should be fine. If Baldini is such a super scout he will already have someone in mind.

Kaboul being fit is a massive assumption. That leaves Dawson and Vlad if Vertonghen does leave.

I think there's work to be done, and quite a bit of it. And ideally we should look to bring in a new first choice centre back, not someone that will need a lot of time to settle.

The Kaboul I am seeing on the pitch now is the one we sold to Portsmouth. His Spurs renaissance is over and he has reverted back to a medieval style of playing. Some of the stuff he attempts shows a total lack of discipline.
Actually what shocks me most now is that I look at our 4 CB's and couldn't tell you which one was the best. It could even be Dawson. Mad.

Vlad is not far off being good enough to start IMHO.

Yeah, there have been a few shaky moments, but considering the lack of cover in front of the defence I think he has been fine.

i was actually about to say i dont think he is that far behind Rio at the same age - but just checked and Vlad is 24 (25 in Nov). i thought he was 22, almost 23.

he needs to get some solidity next season. but there is certainly good ability there. a bit like Koscielny

Back