• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd Place or FA Cup?

3rd Place or FA Cup

• Finishing in 3rd Place

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Winning the FA Cup

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
I want 2nd place ..it can be achieved...BELIEVE

:rolleyes:

<<< MODS!!! STOP BLOCKING MY AVATARS >>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy. FA Cup. Whether we finish 3rd or 4th is irrelevant to be honest (although pride is of course at stake if the scum continue their recent run) but an FA Cup win is well overdue so if it's a choice of finishing 3rd and no FA Cup or 4th and FA Cup then I'll take the latter.

However if it's a choice between 5th and an FA Cup or 3rd and no cup then I may feel differently because I think if we slip to 5th then psychologically it would be a massive blow, and would make it much harder for us to hang on to the likes of Modric with no champions league football.

i don't think its right, and its not the way i want it to be, but 3rd in the PL is a much higher achievement than winning the FA Cup, the Champions League is the be all and end all these days, if you are not in it you are nothing

FA Cup is a trophy, end of discussion. We mock the woolich lot becuase they haven't won anything for 6/7 years even though they've finished 4th or better in every one of those years.

I have to agree that champions league is imperative for the development of the club but a trophy is a trophy. FA Cup all day long.

Usually I would say FA Cup.

But now I'm thinking 3rd place...only because it would mean finishing above Arsenal. I think that would be hugely important for the club, and also damaging to Arsenal.

If it were another club that were the biggest threat to our possible 3rd place finish (e.g. Saudi Sportswashing Machine), I would prefer to win the FA cup. 2nd, 3rd and 4th are much of a muchness to me.

Easy. FA Cup. Whether we finish 3rd or 4th is irrelevant to be honest (although pride is of course at stake if the scum continue their recent run) but an FA Cup win is well overdue so if it's a choice of finishing 3rd and no FA Cup or 4th and FA Cup then I'll take the latter.

However if it's a choice between 5th and an FA Cup or 3rd and no cup then I may feel differently because I think if we slip to 5th then psychologically it would be a massive blow, and would make it much harder for us to hang on to the likes of Modric with no champions league football.

I dont think 3rd or 4h is irrelevent considering how the season has developed. We have a real chance to stake a claim as Londons top club, and when you take into account what us, Chelsea and arse have won over the last decade, thats a real statement. Finishing below arsenal now will be embarrassing, cup or no cup.

It will mean we threw away a 10pt advantage in the space of 3 months.

We have a great chance of winning the cup this year with Arsenal, United, City and potentially Chelsea all out by the quarter finals. Will that happen next year? It probably won't happen again for a long time. As long as we finish in the top 4 next season, then will still be in a good position to finish as top London club next season. I don't think Van Persie will stay unless they win the Champions League, which is extremely unlikely. If they lose him, then they really are fudged! Modric has to realise that we are better than Chelsea so I think we'll get at least another season out of him, provided we finish top 4. Plus this is the FA Cup were talking about so the scum fans can't take the tinkle because it's "only the carling cup".

You think arse and Chelsea will be as poor next year? I dont.

I wouldnt pass up finishing higher than them lightly. The FA Cup is the luck of the draw, and it wont neccessarily be any tougher next year

I suppose though that if we won the cup it means that we would win 2 big days out at Wembley, almost certainly against Liverpool and/or Chelsea.
Plus we should be good enough to beat anyone else in the qualifier that comes with 4th spot so that should be 2 more exciting games in the mix.
I like the sound of that, the thing with being a fan of a team that wins few trophies is that you have to enjoy the moment.

But I just feel that we are at a crucial time in our history and development. So many things are lining up for us, stadium, big players, manager.
Getting third should mean that our transfer window will be a lot more straightforward than previously, get the squad settled early and get the new players in for pre-season.

I dont think 3rd or 4h is irrelevent considering how the season has developed. We have a real chance to stake a claim as Londons top club, and when you take into account what us, Chelsea and arse have won over the last decade, thats a real statement. Finishing below arsenal now will be embarrassing, cup or no cup.

It will mean we threw away a 10pt advantage in the space of 3 months.[/QUOTE]

Might even be 3 weeks if we dont pick up more than 2 pts from the next 2 League games

You think arse and Chelsea will be as poor next year? I dont.

I wouldnt pass up finishing higher than them lightly. The FA Cup is the luck of the draw, and it wont neccessarily be any tougher next year

Neither would I but we haven't won the FA cup for over 20 years. I was only 6 the last time we won it so I barely remember anything about it, except my Dad being over the monon.

I think if Van Persie has any sense, then he will go. He could get into any team in the world if he wanted to. Wenger has to spend money on great players in order to keep him, but people said the same thing about Fabregas i.e. they've gotta spend big to show him the club have ambition and what did Wenger do? He bought Park and Chamakh.

Chelsea will need to get rid of players and bring some new blood in. But they won't be able to attract great players if they don't get top 4 and we do.

Last edited:
3rd. Better players would come which would mean we could rest our best players and play average players in the FA cup and win it next year along with the league and get a Final appearance in the Champions League but just lose out to Barthelona.

I appreciate what you're saying, but not once I have seen its say on a honours board:-
FA Cup Winners 2010/11 (But we only beat X, Y and Z on the way to the Final). Its well-documented the draws Chelsea have in recent seasons, but I doubt it bothers them who they have played the numerous times they have won the Cup

I dont know many people that can name you the teams that finish 3rd in 2005,2006,etc; but I might they are more likely to remember who won the FA Cup

Fair point, but I guess I'm more interested in (what I see as) achievements in the here and now, as opposed to remembering achievements from times gone by. And, as a Spurs fan, I think that in 10 years time I might still look back on finishing 3rd, ahead of Arsenal and Chelsea, more fondly than winning the FA Cup.

Back