• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd Place or FA Cup?

3rd Place or FA Cup

• Finishing in 3rd Place

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Winning the FA Cup

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
But they only said that in the specifically hypothetical context of this thread - that is, they would only accept Arsenal finishing third and Spurs fourth if it meant that Spurs had won the FA Cup and if finishing third had meant that we wouldn't win the FA Cup.

The context for this outcome is a mythical future.

Making naar-naar-told-you-so posts on the basis of present reality is therefore just pointlessly aggravating.

Below is one of the type of statements you are saying didnt happen:

I fail to understand why so many give a brick about where the Arse finish, its all about what Spurs do for me

Now calm down, and stop patrolling the forum, constantly pulling me up on posts in conversations that Im not even having with you. If someone wants to "defend" themselves, they can do it themselves. If you want to raise a point with me, do that.

Or, stop reading my posts if they irritate you that much.

The level of vitriol in some of the above posts is a bit baffling, but, for what it's worth, here's my own take:

Q: What would please me more—winning the FA Cup, or finishing one poxy league place above Arsenal?
A: Winning the FA Cup.

Q: What would tinkle me off more—getting knocked out of the FA Cup, or tinkling away what at one stage was a 13-point lead on the Arse for 3rd place and having them lord it all over us yet again for being the same perennial bottlers we always have been?
A: The latter.

It's just a question of perspective. Another one of those glass-half-full v. glass-half-empty thangs.

Would
Would I
Would I get
Would I get some
Would I get some wind
Would I get some wind for
Would I get some wind for the
Would I get some wind for the sailboat

But they only said that in the specifically hypothetical context of this thread - that is, they would only accept Arsenal finishing third and Spurs fourth if it meant that Spurs had won the FA Cup and if finishing third had meant that we wouldn't win the FA Cup.

The context for this outcome is a mythical future.

Making naar-naar-told-you-so posts on the basis of present reality is therefore just pointlessly aggravating.

Saying it doesn't matter if we finish below the scum after having a 13 point lead is more aggravating. Not you btw but if you read every post in this thread some have said as much.

Below is one of the type of statements you are saying didnt happen:

I fail to understand why so many give a brick about where the Arse finish, its all about what Spurs do for me

Now calm down, and stop patrolling the forum, constantly pulling me up on posts in conversations that Im not even having with you. If someone wants to "defend" themselves, they can do it themselves. If you want to raise a point with me, do that.

Or, stop reading my posts if they irritate you that much.

And the context for the bolded statement was.........this thread. Do you think that whoever wrote it meant that he didn't care if Spurs lost to Everton and if Arsenal then beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine to close the gap between us to 1 point?

By the way, I enjoy reading your posts. So I'll carry on reading them, if that's alright. Won't stop me disagreeing with you from time to time and engaging in debate, though.

Saying it doesn't matter if we finish below the scum after having a 13 point lead is more aggravating. Not you btw but if you read every post in this thread some have said as much.

Again, it's all about the context. The idea of hypothetical dilemma questions such as the one that gave birth to this thread is that they leave you between a rock and hard place. They force you to make a choice that you wouldn't have to make in the real world.

In reality, of course, we all want to finish miles ahead of Arsenal AND win the cup.

Last edited:
To answer your first question yes. Some on here, just 2/3 days ago, said it doesn't matter what the scum do and that if we finish 4th and they finish 3rd it really isn't that big a deal. As totman says laughable attitude.

I asked you a question the other day which you did not answer, which of these would you rather see happen.

(1) Spurs winning the FA cup and finishing forth in the Lge, and the Arse finishing Third.

(2) Spurs finishing Third but not winning the FA Cup, and the Arse finishing forth.

It would be interesting to hear you your point of view, of course you coulf choose not answering it like last time.

And the context for the bolded statement was.........this thread. Do you think that whoever wrote it meant that he didn't care if Spurs lost to Everton and if Arsenal then beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine to close the gap between us to 1 point?

By the way, I enjoy reading your posts. So I'll carry on reading them, if that's alright. Won't stop me disagreeing with you from time to time and engaging in debate, though.

He took my post out of context for his own agenda, might as well give up because he is not listening.

For me the main thing is that momentum is with Arsenal and to a lesser extent Chelsea with a few wins on the bounce. Confidence is flowing through the Arsenal team, whereas we are mired in noble failure mode. fudge noble failure. I want Harry to sort this mess out on the training field and turn things around before it's too late.

Something significant has to change for either us or Arsenal for them not to finish above us, as much as it galls me to say it. If we find form that's great but I'll take anything - lucky sending off, OG, injury to RVP, anything.

Very good points.

Momentum can be key. And Arsenal certainly have it at the moment.

It's a fragile thing, though. Hard to gain but easily lost. And over recent seasons, Arsenal have proved themselves to be susceptible to wobbles. So here's hoping...

Last edited:
He took my post out of context for his own agenda, might as well give up because he is not listening.

Out of context?

You said you dont understand why people give a sh#t where arse finish.

Are you saying that was a hyperthetical statement? Sounds like something you either mean, or you dont to me. Oh well, I take it you do care where they finish then....hyperthetically, in which case, I apologise, all in the context and boundries of this mystical thread, where what you say, isnt actually what you mean.

If we lose to Chelsea we are fudged. There is a big possibility that we may not got get 4th which means we could lose a few top players.

I think Harry has is mind on other things i.e England.

If we lose to Chelsea we are fudged. There is a big possibility that we may not got get 4th which means we could lose a few top players.

I think Harry has is mind on other things i.e England.

It couldn't be more in Harry's interest to finish third.

it's not about not losing to chelsea. it's about beating the teams we should beat. win 5 or more of them and we will finish above chelsea regardless.

they ain't gonna get much out of trips to city, arsenal and liverpool for a start.

If the choice between being 3rd and no FA cup ( so basically finishing above gooners) or 4th and FA Cup I'd pick the second option. If however it was 5th and FA cup or 4th and no FA cup it would be harder but would go for 4th and no cup.

If the choice between being 3rd and no FA cup ( so basically finishing above gooners) or 4th and FA Cup I'd pick the second option. If however it was 5th and FA cup or 4th and no FA cup it would be harder but would go for 4th and no cup.

Voted Third between that or the FA Cup, but this is much harder. Think I'd go for FA Cup and Fifth, because Fourth means we finish below the Arse without a trophy to compensate and still have to qualify via a play-off for CL.

Out of context?

You said you dont understand why people give a sh#t where arse finish.

Are you saying that was a hyperthetical statement? Sounds like something you either mean, or you dont to me. Oh well, I take it you do care where they finish then....hyperthetically, in which case, I apologise, all in the context and boundries of this mystical thread, where what you say, isnt actually what you mean.

Apologies for the pedantry.....not having a dig but, rather, trying to be helpful - it's hypothetical.

i do think finishing 3rd is much more important to us than winning the FA Cup - not for finishing above Arsenal - but for getting the automatic CL place and being able to conduct your business in the transfer market with that in mind.

3rd is my preferred choice this time around but that is not to say i wouldn't be over the moon with 4th and the FA Cup

i do think finishing 3rd is much more important to us than winning the FA Cup - not for finishing above Arsenal - but for getting the automatic CL place and being able to conduct your business in the transfer market with that in mind.

3rd is my preferred choice this time around but that is not to say i wouldn't be over the moon with 4th and the FA Cup

I have to agree. Coming 3rd will mean progression as a club, CL football again, increased exposure to the masses, no uncertainty over the summer. Missing out on the CL will more than likely mean that Chelsea and Arsenal get the two remaining places after the Mancs. Just how sky would like it I guess but it would be GHod awful to see those 4 teams back in the CL again.

Back