• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd Place or FA Cup?

3rd Place or FA Cup

• Finishing in 3rd Place

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Winning the FA Cup

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
Get real. Were not finishing 3rd now. We are bottlejobs! 4th is looking iffy at this rate too. There's no way we will win at Stamford Bridge.

we only need to win most of the home games to a get a top 4 place. chelsea ain't getting more than about 68 points. will be very close between us and the filth.

So if the Scum win today its 1pt.

I look forward to all the people saying they dont care what the Scum do and how blowing a 10pt lead doesnt matter, if we lose next week, and they go 2pts clear of us.

Yeah, right.

So if the Scum win today its 1pt.

I look forward to all the people saying they dont care what the Scum do and how blowing a 10pt lead doesnt matter, if we lose next week, and they go 2pts clear of us.

Yeah, right.

The gap was always going to close though. I had no illusions we would still be more than 4pts clear come March 30th.
Its still up for grabs, and no matter what you say, i'd still rather have our run-in in the last 8 games than Arsenal or Chelseas.
As posted in another thread, I think this could well go down to goal difference. So close that, who knows, that late goal by Jermain Defoe last weekend could still prove to be vital, who knows?

My point is only that what the Scum does matters. It matters greatly.

Is there anyone out there who does not care if they win or lose today? Laughable

My point is only that what the Scum does matters. It matters greatly.

Is there anyone out there who does not care if they win or lose today? Laughable

Did anyone ever claim that what Arsenal do doesn't matter?

Of course it matters. It matters because they are our closest challengers for 3rd. And it matters because they are our hated local rivals.

All that some of us have argued is that what Arsenal does is less important than what Spurs do. How can it be right that you even have a Spurs fan expressing a preference for Spurs to finish 5th and Arsenal 6th rather than Spurs in 4th and Arsenal 3rd?

So of course we all want Arsenal to lose tomorrow. And the week after that. And the week after that.

And of course we want to finish third, above them.

But, in a hypothetical situation in which either 3rd or the FA Cup is presented as a fait accompli, then some of us would take the FA Cup so long as not finishing third still meant finishing in the top four.

So enough of working yourself into a lather over straw man arguments!

Its in our hands - even if Arse win tomorrow, we're going into the final games of the season (a) with a points advantage and (b) a more winnable fixture list than Arse and def more winnable than Chelsea.

For me the main thing is that momentum is with Arsenal and to a lesser extent Chelsea with a few wins on the bounce. Confidence is flowing through the Arsenal team, whereas we are mired in noble failure mode. fudge noble failure. I want Harry to sort this mess out on the training field and turn things around before it's too late.

Something significant has to change for either us or Arsenal for them not to finish above us, as much as it galls me to say it. If we find form that's great but I'll take anything - lucky sending off, OG, injury to RVP, anything.

Of course it matters. It matters because they are our closest challengers for 3rd. And it matters because they are our hated local rivals.

All that some of us have argued is that what Arsenal does is less important than what Spurs do. How can it be right that you even have a Spurs fan expressing a preference for Spurs to finish 5th and Arsenal 6th rather than Spurs in 4th and Arsenal 3rd?

So of course we all want Arsenal to lose tomorrow. And the week after that. And the week after that.

But, in a hypothetical situation in which either 3rd or the FA Cup is presented as a fait accompli, then some of us would take the FA Cup so long as not finishing third still meant finishing in the top four.

To answer your first question yes. Some on here, just 2/3 days ago, said it doesn't matter what the scum do and that if we finish 4th and they finish 3rd it really isn't that big a deal. As totman says laughable attitude.

To answer your first question yes. Some on here, just 2/3 days ago, said it doesn't matter what the scum do and that if we finish 4th and they finish 3rd it really isn't that big a deal. As totman says laughable attitude.

Of course it matters, but for me personally, winning a trophy, especially one as prestigeous as the FA cup is more important. The fact that they have gone 7 years without winning anything must hurt for them, then you add in their most hated rivals winning another trophy whilst they go potless again! Don't get me wrong, I'll be ecstatic if we get 3rd place mainly because it will be the club's highest league finish since 89/90 and it will make Wheelchair, Frimpong, Szczesny etc look like even bigger ****s than they do now, but you don't get to parade down the streets of Tottenham with a 3rd place trophy.

Of course it matters, but for me personally, winning a trophy, especially one as prestigeous as the FA cup is more important. The fact that they have gone 7 years without winning anything must hurt for them, then you add in their most hated rivals winning another trophy whilst they go potless again! Don't get me wrong, I'll be ecstatic if we get 3rd place mainly because it will be the club's highest league finish since 89/90 and it will make Wheelchair, Frimpong, Szczesny etc look like even bigger ****s than they do now, but you don't get to parade down the streets of Tottenham with a 3rd place trophy.

Granted but finishing above them is a massive achievement and one that I'd fudging love. If we don't do it this season the stigma that would be attached I fear would see us not doing it next season and the season after that etc...

I couldnt handle their fans giving it large.

Calm down, and then read Roys reply. Its all in there.

But they only said that in the specifically hypothetical context of this thread - that is, they would only accept Arsenal finishing third and Spurs fourth if it meant that Spurs had won the FA Cup and if finishing third had meant that we wouldn't win the FA Cup.

The context for this outcome is a mythical future.

Making naar-naar-told-you-so posts on the basis of present reality is therefore just pointlessly aggravating.

Calm down, and then read Roys reply. Its all in there.

Perfectly calm, thanks. Considerably calmer than you were, I suspect, when you made your rather petulant post this morning!

Oh, and read my reply to Roy's reply. It's all in there.

Back