• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

3rd Place or FA Cup?

3rd Place or FA Cup

• Finishing in 3rd Place

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • Winning the FA Cup

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
Helps if they actually quote then if their responses are so specific

Yes, it does.

But you didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that EJG was referring to southstand1882. There has only been one poster on this thread who, as EJG put it, went so far as "wanting to give up success for your own club just to see your rivals fail".

Finishing above them lot should be what we all want. Surely? This is a hypothetical thread not to be taken seriously ffs.

Yes, it does.

But you didn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that EJG was referring to southstand1882. There has only been one poster on this thread who, as EJG put it, went so far as "wanting to give up success for your own club just to see your rivals fail".

Well, whatever, is there anything I wrote that you found of interest, or is it beyond you to say "good point", or "I disagree.." instead of policing my responses

To clarify, I was responding to the specific point southstand1882 made when he said "I'd rather we finished 5th and Arsenal 6th, than finish 4th behind them" which is definitely putting the failure of a rival above the success of your own club. I should have quoted him, apologies :)

No worries

Yes, it does.

That's not what I said though.

Clearly some of the posters in here have struggled with the grown up words: "mutually exclusive"

I was trying to describe how my HATE for Arsenal, is directly connected to my LOVE for Spurs

Next time I will try to use Key Stage 3 English

Clearly some of the posters in here have struggled with the grown up words: "mutually exclusive"

I was trying to describe how my HATE for Arsenal, is directly connected to my LOVE for Spurs

Exactly this. They are directly connected. Positive correlation. Two big words for some south stand :)

Err......you should read the thread more carefully, fella.

parklane1's post was in direct response to this post by yiddo2786:

You might only be arguing that this is all about Spurs not collapsing regardless of what Arsenal do but it is not what yiddo2786 was arguing.

Consequently, parklane1's response to yiddo2786 was entirely valid and to the point. Your criticism of parklane1's response wasn't.

Thats his problem though he just jumps in and puts his feet in his mouth without thinking, hence the get your head out your arse comment i made.

Thats his problem though he just jumps in and puts his feet in his mouth without thinking, hence the get your head out your arse comment i made.

I was responding to the ?ñll about Spurs for me"part mainly, to show you that wanting to come 3rd is also about Spurs, not arsenal.

If you want a private conversation, send PMs. This is a public forum

So should you...my response was directed at ?»ts all about Spurs for me"....

Hahaha!

You seem to be one of those people who is incapable of admitting when you're wrong - even when it's there, in black and white, for all to see!!

If, as you claim, your response was only concerned with this line of parklane1's post:

it's all about Spurs for me

....why did you highlight, in bold, all of parklane's post:

I fail to understand why so many give a brick about where the Arse finish, its all about what Spurs do for me

??

parklane1's response to yiddo2786 specifically referenced and quoted yiddo2786's concerns about gooners celebrating St Totteringham day. It was therefore an entirely valid response, in the circumstances. He wasn't responding to any of the more general points that you had made about Spurs not collapsing. Therefore, your response to him wasn't valid.

Well, whatever, is there anything I wrote that you found of interest, or is it beyond you to say "good point", or "I disagree.." instead of policing my responses

You make some very good points about the virtues of finishing 3rd as opposed to winning the FA Cup. And I agree with you to a large extent.

Neverthless, illogical or not, I would still rather finish 4th and win the Cup.

Not at all. We are the number one that's correct. It's all about finishing above the scum. There's no fudging way I'd take 4th and a cup right now if it meant scum celebrate their stupid St Totteringhams day. Any spurs fan should want to finish above them ****s and if you don't...well..lost for words.

Maybe park lane doesn't have any scum supporting pals cos I don't want them lot taking the tinkle yes again.

My GHod i have heard it all now you would rather finish above the Arse then win a trophy=;, as for having pals who support Arse i may have but i support MY club and do not worry about what others say, unlike some who call them self supporters but care more about what other fans say. :frown:

My GHod i have heard it all now you would rather finish above the Arse then win a trophy=;, as for having pals who support Arse i may have but i support MY club and do not worry about what others say, unlike some who call them self supporters but care more about what other fans say. :frown:

Sorry when did I say I'd rather finish above scum than win a trophy? Rearrange these words "put don't mouth words in my muppet you"

Our success, as I've said before, comes first. Second to that comes their failure. Comprende?

I was responding to the ?ñll about Spurs for me"part mainly, to show you that wanting to come 3rd is also about Spurs, not arsenal.

If you want a private conversation, send PMs. This is a public forum

You accused me of jumping into the topic on Page 8 without reading the whole thread, when in fact i had obviously read more of it then you. If you had done so you would have seen my post on page 2, blustering your way since shows that you are not interested in a proper debate so i will not waste my time on PM's.

Sorry when did I say I'd rather finish above scum than win a trophy? Rearrange these words "put don't mouth words in my muppet you"

Our success, as I've said before, comes first. Second to that comes their failure. Comprende?

It's all about finishing above the scum. There's no fudging way I'd take 4th and a cup right now if it meant scum celebrate their stupid St Totteringhams day.

You words are they not, the mind boggles

@ PL1
Yeah I made a mistake, but my point still stood.

At least I can keep to the topic, you seem hell bent on talking about me though. I cant help being beautiful mate, get over me.

It's all about finishing above the scum. There's no fudging way I'd take 4th and a cup right now if it meant scum celebrate their stupid St Totteringhams day.

You words are they not, the mind boggles

You don't seem to understand the concept of the thread. It's a hypothetical thread!! There is no way any spurs fan should accept finishing 4th behind the scum. If your happy to put up with scum fans constant jibes then good luck to ya.

You don't seem to understand the concept of the thread. It's a hypothetical thread!! There is no way any spurs fan should accept finishing 4th behind the scum. If your happy to put up with scum fans constant jibes then good luck to ya.

OK i will ask you question, if we could win the cup and finish forth with the Arse third or we finish third with no cup and the Arse forth, which one would you choose.

But, to all intents and purposes, it is precisely what you said in this post:

In a way, I'd rather we finished 5th and Arsenal 6th, than finish 4th behind them

I know what "mutually exclusive" means, thanks. I dare say that my grasp of the English language is at least as good as yours. So enough silliness with condescension, okay?

I'm also familiar with the famous Gore Vidal quote: "It is not enough to succeed. Others should fail".

But you take it one step further by suggesting that it would be better for Spurs to fail and Arsenal to fail even more than for Spurs to succeed and Arsenal to succeed even more. And that is a step too far, IMO. I'm not into cutting off my nose to spite my face.

But, to all intents and purposes, it is precisely what you said in this post:

I know what "mutually exclusive" means, thanks. I dare say that my grasp of the English language is at least as good as yours. So enough silliness with condescension, okay?

I'm also familiar with the famous Gore Vidal quote: "It is not enough to succeed. Others should fail".

But you take it one step further by suggesting that it would be better for Spurs to fail and Arsenal to fail even more than for Spurs to succeed and Arsenal to succeed even more. And that is a step too far, IMO. I'm not into cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Does this mean you are the True Yid?

Back