• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

2022 World Cup... gonna ruin the European Season

I half fancy them to get out of the group, would be mega, I may be over in Calgary around the time of the last-16 too so I hope so.

Calgary? Unlike more diversely populated and more broadly educated Edmonton, it's not exactly a hotbed of football enthusiasm. Drive south a half hour or more and you are in serious Northern Redneck Territory. Inbreds and Incels galore. Mind you, it is home to Cavalry FC, perennial contender for the Canadian Premier League title. Cute little bandbox stadium, too. But Calgary in early winter is nothing but hockey.

Yes, of course Doris, ice fcukin' hockey.

Calgary? Unlike more diversely populated and more broadly educated Edmonton, it's not exactly a hotbed of football enthusiasm. Drive south a half hour or more and you are in serious Northern Redneck Territory. Inbreds and Incels galore. Mind you, it is home to Cavalry FC, perennial contender for the Canadian Premier League title. Cute little bandbox stadium, too. But Calgary in early winter is nothing but hockey.

Yes, of course Doris, ice fcukin' hockey.

Yes I know but can't help where the mother in law lives! I would hope that Canada (hopefully) in the last 16 would ignite a bit of that enthusiasm in those parts but we shall see where we are come November/December.

Worst case I'll watch England (hopefully) and try and catch a Flames game while I'm there.

Everyone entering Qatar during the world cup, must install a Qatar app on their phone before being allowed to enter.
This app will have FULL ACCESS TO EVERYTHING on your phone, including phonebook, messages, location and nearby devices, browser history, what apps you have on your phone, which apps are being used, etc!
It's ridiculous and dangerous. It's like handing a government the keys to your house!
Imagine journalists interviewing workers, recording with the phone. The Qatar government will then be able to listen to the recording, and with the location and tracking of nearby devices, they will be able to find out who they were talking to. Scary stuff! I'd stay far away from from that brick hole!

Everyone entering Qatar during the world cup, must install a Qatar app on their phone before being allowed to enter.
This app will have FULL ACCESS TO EVERYTHING on your phone, including phonebook, messages, location and nearby devices, browser history, what apps you have on your phone, which apps are being used, etc!
It's ridiculous and dangerous. It's like handing a government the keys to your house!
Imagine journalists interviewing workers, recording with the phone. The Qatar government will then be able to listen to the recording, and with the location and tracking of nearby devices, they will be able to find out who they were talking to. Scary stuff! I'd stay far away from from that brick hole!

Be interesting to know if that applies to all officals, sponsors, teams and media.

Be interesting to know if that applies to all officals, sponsors, teams and media.
Yes. Confirmed by journalists, but they said they would bring 2 phones, so they would not install the app on their work phone, to prevent them getting access to their job network and applications. They said it was unclear if that would be considered a violation. They have raised concerns to both Qatar and FIFA, but both refused to comment. Quelle surprise!

I'll watch Canada's games when I can but not likely to follow this event closely. Didn't follow the Russian WC much either. Just too scummy for my taste nowadays.
It's quite good entertainment value, much better than decades ago, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Wow crazy 1984 stuff there. Well at least they declared it up front. Many governments don't say it but have such powers and access too. Just that the governments in that part of the world can be quite unpredictable, might turn off some people.

It's quite good entertainment value, much better than decades ago, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ha ha ha.

Bucko, I was pitchside at the '82 and '86 World Cups and began the '94 World Cup before family matters called me away. I'll be quite content to use that 'gap month' to run a chain saw and wood chipper to clear unwanted trees from my cottage property.

Yes. Confirmed by journalists, but they said they would bring 2 phones, so they would not install the app on their work phone, to prevent them getting access to their job network and applications. They said it was unclear if that would be considered a violation. They have raised concerns to both Qatar and FIFA, but both refused to comment. Quelle surprise!

That's what I thought would be the appropriate solution too, an extra phone with nothing else than that freaky surveilance app on it. A phone that could conveniently be left in your hotel room.

That, and using only a "dumb" phone for calls + a regular dictaphone and not your smart phone for interviews, would go a long way to ensure confidentiality in interviews. Although I'm certain most, if not all, journalists will be tracked and followed by the regime in order to avoid critical coverage anyways.

And now apparently Saudi Arabia is considering applying for the WC too. We all know their wealth will make sure they get the WC, under FIFA's hollow disguise of "spreading the game".

Ha ha ha.

Bucko, I was pitchside at the '82 and '86 World Cups and began the '94 World Cup before family matters called me away. I'll be quite content to use that 'gap month' to run a chain saw and wood chipper to clear unwanted trees from my cottage property.
Do you ever get to London for games ?
If yes I alongside a few on here would love to have an afternoon drinking with you just to listen to all your stories, they are awesome

This world cups a joke, honestly the more you hear the more your soul is destroyed that no one is making a real stand against this kind of thing. Everyone makes out they are caring about the world and whats going on but it just always seems, when push comes to shove, people care more about seeing football and or money then anything.

Ha ha ha.

Wow pitch side, what as?

Back